Windows 10: A possible reinstallation of Windows 10

Discus and support A possible reinstallation of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm running 3 legit installations of Windows 10, 2 of which were free when the program was first available. Two of my installations are on Apple MacOS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by starflyr, Jun 11, 2017.

1. starflyr Win User

A possible reinstallation of Windows 10

I'm running 3 legit installations of Windows 10, 2 of which were free when the program was first available. Two of my installations are on Apple MacOS machines, with Windows 10 available on one with Parallels and the 2nd, a Bootcamp installation.

I deleted a windows file by mistake while trying to prune the hard drive on the Parallels computer and it now will not boot into Windows via Parallels. I'm thinking of trying a Bootcamp installation to see if it will load my Windows 10. IF Win10 is gone for good, I suspect I'll have to buy another installation of Win10 since I don't have a DVD backup of the original installation. Bit of a bummer.

Anyone know how I might be able to access my Win10 via Parallels?

:)

starflyr, Jun 11, 2017

2. REINSTALLATION OF WINDOWS 10 WITH A FULL INSTALLATION CD

I am using the free upgrade to upgrade my 4 windows 8 computers to windows 10---If I purchase a full installation CD of Windows 10 for $199.00 can I use that CD as a backup CD for all 4 computers and if I need to reinstall Windows 10 on any one of them
    I could use the individual license key for that specific computer as the license? Would that work or will that full installation Cd only work as a complete installation on one computer? Vincent

Cousin Vinny Rx, Jun 11, 2017
  3. Babu V Win User
    REINSTALLATION OF WINDOWS 10 WITH A FULL INSTALLATION CD

Hi Vincent,

You can use the same disk for reinstalling the operating system on different computers.

Babu V, Jun 11, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

There should be no need to purchase a Windows 10 DVD or flash drive. You can create one using the Media Creation Tool:
    Download Windows 10

As long as you reinstall the same version of Windows onto the same computer, skip entering a product key and it will activate when connected to the internet by retrieving the digital license stored on Microsoft activation servers using the unique hardware ID of the computer.

NavyLCDR, Jun 11, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Just to clarify, 'same version' means Home or Pro - you can install 32 or 64 bit, or a newer version (1703 instead of 1607) but you must install the same edition (Home or Pro) as your previously activated Windows for the digital licence to activate it automatically.

6. starflyr Win User
    Thanks! I'll file that info away for when I may need it. I solved my problem by finding "windows 10.pvm" in my iCloud accound and downloading it to my computer.

starflyr, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. A possible reinstallation of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - possible reinstallation

2. Is it possible to reinstall a HP Laser Jet Pro M402 printer on a Windows 7 Pro Desktop PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to reinstall a HP Laser Jet Pro M402 printer on a Windows 7 Pro Desktop PC?: I relocated my desktop PC windows 7 Pro and pNp HP m402 Laser Jet Pro printer to another room in my home. After I plugged everything back in the printer would not print. I saw a troubleshooting message that said "there is a problem with the driver for Microsoft Teredo...
  3. Is it possible to reinstall a HP Laser Jet Pro M402 printer on a Windows 7 Pro Desktop PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to reinstall a HP Laser Jet Pro M402 printer on a Windows 7 Pro Desktop PC?: I relocated my desktop PC windows 7 Pro and pNp HP m402 Laser Jet Pro printer to another room in my home. After I plugged everything back in the printer would not print. I saw a troubleshooting message that said "there is a problem with the driver for Microsoft Teredo...
  4. I was wondering if I did a clean install would it be possible for windows to reinstall...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was wondering if I did a clean install would it be possible for windows to reinstall...: i recently hade problems with my audio drivers, i had uninstalled my audio drivers and didn't know how to get them back. I installed other drivers but still no audio. I was wondering if i did a clean windows 10 install would all my default audio drivers reinstall and would...
  5. I was wondering if I did a clean install would it be possible for windows to reinstall...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I was wondering if I did a clean install would it be possible for windows to reinstall...: i recently hade problems with my audio drivers, i had uninstalled my audio drivers and didn't know how to get them back. I installed other drivers but still no audio. I was wondering if i did a clean windows 10 install would all my default audio drivers reinstall and would...
  6. I was wondering if I did a clean install would it be possible for windows to reinstall...

7. How do i reinstall windows photo viewer or delete it if possible ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i reinstall windows photo viewer or delete it if possible ?: I cannot upload photos direct from my card reader to my folders as the windows photo viewer app keeps trying to open and upload for me but crashes instead. I cannot delete this app but my system says i'm fully updated and i've replaced the card reader . How do i reinstall...
  8. How do i reinstall windows photo viewer or delete it if possible ?

How do i reinstall windows photo viewer or delete it if possible ?: I cannot upload photos direct from my card reader to my folders as the windows photo viewer app keeps trying to open and upload for me but crashes instead. I cannot delete this app but my system says i'm fully updated and i've replaced the card reader . How do i reinstall...
  9. How do i reinstall windows photo viewer or delete it if possible ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Is it possible to reinstall recovery drive files onto an existing recovery drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to reinstall recovery drive files onto an existing recovery drive?: Last time I used my recovery drive, my PC ran into an error in the second phase which resulted in severely limited options in the bluescreen menu. Attempting to recover from the recovery drive at this point just immediately resulted in an error. In a last ditch effort to fix...