Windows 10: A pretty complex issue with updating to the April 2018 update.

Discus and support A pretty complex issue with updating to the April 2018 update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Alright, so, this basically says why I can't update to the April 2018 update for Windows 10. My laptop is a Lenovo Yoga 720 15" with a 4k screen, GTX... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SleepyBearZZZZ, Aug 12, 2018.

1. A pretty complex issue with updating to the April 2018 update.

Alright, so, this basically says why I can't update to the April 2018 update for Windows 10.

My laptop is a Lenovo Yoga 720 15" with a 4k screen, GTX 1050, 8GB DDR4 RAM, and a 7th-gen Intel core i7 processor.

I know more than the average person about computers, but I'm not a computer geek, and can't fix that much when it comes to computers, especially hardware-related.

So, my issues started in around early January, where I downloaded one of the April 2018 update Windows Insider builds. That was one of the worst decisions I've ever made....but I won't know it for a while. I just joined the program a few days before that, and that was the first build I got. I experienced random crashes, a few bugs here and there, but one day, when I went onto my computer in the late afternoon, I felt my laptop...it was hot. hotter than usual. It had been running for a long time. I opened it up and saw it trying to boot, but then it crashed, tried again, over and over...I had ran into an infinite boot loop. I was devastated about this. There was nothing I could do. Luckily, one of my family members knew about an IT guy, and the IT guy completely wiped my computer, and installed a fresh version of Windows 10 Home. I was very glad. I had lost some stuff, but nothing too important, and easily replaceable. But the thing is...it was a Windows 10 Home copy, not made specifically for my laptop. My fingerprint scanner wasn't working, because something was turned off in my BIOS (I fixed that). Some other smaller issues occurred, but nothing else that I remember. Until April, when I had some issues installing a smaller update before the April 2018 update, so I had to install it manually. That was fine. So all this stacks up, when I finally tried to install the April 2018 update. I left it updating and open when I left home that day, but when I came back, a blue screen was on my screen that said:

Recovery

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

There isn't enough memory available to create a ramdisk device.

Error code: 0xc0000017

You'll need to use recovery tools........

It also told me to either try again, go into startup settings, or to use a different OS. Trying again didn't work, startup settings didn't work, but different OS did. It just brought me back to the lockscreen, without a update. I was seriously confused. I had no idea what 'ramdisk' is. it's RAM..but for a disk? what? my computer doesn't have a disk drive. I looked up error 0xc0000017, none of the things that were there worked. I tried everything. and I truly mean everything. Nothing worked. This isn't really related to this, but in early July my computer went in another infinite boot loop, but luckily I could go into startup settings. I had to restart my computer, and remove all apps, but keep my personal files. So I did that. And now I still can't get the April 2018 update....I need help. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for reading this.

:)

SleepyBearZZZZ, Aug 12, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 10 April 2018 Update(SCU) Partially Breaks MKV File Support?

I updated to main computer to the April 2018 Update, AKA Spring Creators Update, and it seems like they've taken a step backward with MKV file support. When I go into the properties of an MKV file on the Fall Creators Update, if I go to the details tab it gives me a bunch of detail about he media file, like resolution, framerate, audio information and bitrate. However, if I go into the same file's properties on the April 2018 Update, almost all of the information is blank, it only gives me a runtime and bitrate.

I really just want to confirm that this isn't just my computer and other's are experiencing the same thing.

FCU:

A pretty complex issue with updating to the April 2018 update. fcu-png.png

April 2018 Update:

A pretty complex issue with updating to the April 2018 update. scu-png.png

newtekie1, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Aug 12, 2018
  4. captainbb Win User

A pretty complex issue with updating to the April 2018 update.

Microsoft Rolls Out Windows 10 April 2018 Update (build 1803)

This recent update is giving me anti-aliasing issues with my nVidia GT630M, when I use Flight Simulator X:SE. It was perfect before the update, which I received yesterday (April 30, 2018).

I tried everything but still get jagged edges around textures.

Am I the only one with this issue from the update?

Thanks,

Braden

captainbb, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

A pretty complex issue with updating to the April 2018 update.

1. A pretty complex issue with updating to the April 2018 update. - Similar Threads - pretty complex issue

2. windows update April 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update April 2018: Normally at the end of every month I get a notice that Windows is going to update and make it better (just a text message to my notifications panel). I usually let the update happen. Last night I got notification that support for the April 2018 update is ending in November...
  3. April 2018 update ISO

April 2018 update ISO: Hello, Can I download Windows 10 CD with April 2018 update included? I need to reinstall Windows and would like to install the update with the Windows installation rather than download afterwards....
  4. Stop April 2018 update

Stop April 2018 update: When the April 2018 update first came out I updated my pc only to find that youtube no longer played videos properly in chrome and edge. After trying a few different fixes nothing worked so I rolled back to the previous version which immediately fixed the problem. Fast...
  5. April 2018 update

April 2018 update: My PC automatically updated the April windows 10 update and ever since it has been slow and wont connect to any device via any connection method including the basics such as using a USB cable and bluetooth....
  6. Privacy issues with Windows 10 April 2018 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Privacy issues with Windows 10 April 2018 update: As part of my automatic updates settings, I just got updated with the Windows 10 April 2018 update. With all the new "features" I worry about the privacy issues these features must create. Can someone more knowledgeable than me tell me what additional privacy risks these new...
  7. Privacyi issues with Windows 10 April 2018 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Privacyi issues with Windows 10 April 2018 update: As part of my automatic updates settings, I just got updated with the Windows 10 April 2018 update. With all the new "features" I worry about the privacy issues these features must create. Can someone more knowledgeable than me tell me what additional privacy risks these new...
  8. update april 2018

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update april 2018: i 've proceed to the last upgrade but this turned me into some problem. see annexes [img] i had never this app installed, nor i cannot find it trough device manager also i cannot save anymore files by my official photoshop since i have annouce as follows [img] before the...
  9. Screensaver issue after April 2018 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver issue after April 2018 update: Hi All, Today I decided to enable the screensaver in Windows 10 Pro. I already have the April 2018 Creator Update installed and seems to be working just fine. I got the April 2018 through the Windows Update on May 01 and installed flawless. I set the screensaver to enable in...
  10. Sandboxie and April 2018 Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sandboxie and April 2018 Update: After 4 days, all looks well between Sandboxie and the April update. Every program or function I run sandboxed, is working out good. No issue, no Sandboxie message. Just about everything I do in the computer, I do it sandboxed. If there was an issue, I would it seen it by...