Windows 10: A question about passwords

Discus and support A question about passwords in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Me, again so soon, a different question but brought to my attention by members who answered my last thread on W10 clean install. Passwords Correct me... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by frenchman96, Aug 13, 2018.

1. A question about passwords

Me, again so soon, a different question but brought to my attention by members who answered my last thread on W10 clean install.

Passwords
    Correct me if I am wrong, but we are supposed to have a password for every site we use. We are not supposed to write those passwords down anywhere, well I don't know anyone who could remember say 20 different passwords.

With this in mind, I was taught on a previous site (IDF50) (I don't feel 50) that to overcome the above problem was to think or create a phrase that's easy to remember for example " the best pc forum for help is w10" and you take the first letter of every word Tbpffhiw10 so you have the capital and number normally required.

BUT, after stating all above, it was pointed out to me the benefit of lastpass or others.

my question is, how safe is it, as we are placing our 20 different passwords in their vault ??

:)

frenchman96, Aug 13, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Shoshi Win User
    Admin password unknown and missing files after upload

Ok, I know these questions have been asked, but I have tried everything I can understand.
    Need to be spoken like a noob - step by step please.
    Win10 put on my system everything initially fine, then discovered files missing - tried to install a recover program to be frustrated by a prompt to input an admin password with User [USER-PC\USER]
    I have tried every password ever used.
    I have tried going to cmd prompt
    I cant install anything to circumnavigate because I cant get past this dialogue.

any suggests?

Shoshi, Aug 13, 2018
  4. A question about passwords

Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

A question about passwords

1. A question about passwords - Similar Threads - question passwords

2. Change system password - my security questions don't work but I logged in using fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change system password - my security questions don't work but I logged in using fingerprint: Hi,I haven't used my laptop in a long time so I've forgotten my password. I tried resetting it but my answers to the security questions is incorrect. I managed to login via fingerprint and I have my MS acc setup but unable to reset my password.Is there anything I can do? Or...
  3. Change system password - my security questions don't work but I logged in using fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change system password - my security questions don't work but I logged in using fingerprint: Hi,I haven't used my laptop in a long time so I've forgotten my password. I tried resetting it but my answers to the security questions is incorrect. I managed to login via fingerprint and I have my MS acc setup but unable to reset my password.Is there anything I can do? Or...
  4. Forgot password from my local win 10 account, do not remember security questions, do not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot password from my local win 10 account, do not remember security questions, do not...: As the title says, I forgot all these things. The thing I remember are 3 letters, but do no remember other 3 numbers. My password consists of three letters and three numbers. As for the security questions, I vaguely remember the answers, but I would be able to answer them...
  5. Forgot password from my local win 10 account, do not remember security questions, do not...

Forgot password from my local win 10 account, do not remember security questions, do not...: As the title says, I forgot all these things. The thing I remember are 3 letters, but do no remember other 3 numbers. My password consists of three letters and three numbers. As for the security questions, I vaguely remember the answers, but I would be able to answer them...
  6. Forgot password from my local win 10 account, do not remember security questions, do not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How do I reset the password for my computer if I don't know the security questions and the...

How do I reset the password for my computer if I don't know the security questions and the...: I don't have either the password for the computer or the security questions and the account on the computer is set as a admin so I can't reset it in the admin settings...
  8. How do I reset the password for my computer if I don't know the security questions and the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I reset the password for my computer if I don't know the security questions and the...: I don't have either the password for the computer or the security questions and the account on the computer is set as a admin so I can't reset it in the admin settings...
  9. How do I reset the password for my computer if I don't know the security questions and the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. I forgot my Windows local account password. I have not created any security questions...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my Windows local account password. I have not created any security questions...: Please help me guys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-windows-local-account-password-i-have/7038423d-6db6-459c-ad79-ca2ec5309250