Windows 10: a request for device descriptor request failed

Discus and support a request for device descriptor request failed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello guys in my device manager there is a yellow triangle on a usb device driver saying : a request for device descriptor request failed first i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by titan5800, Dec 7, 2016.

1. titan5800 Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

hello guys in my device manager there is a yellow triangle on a usb device driver saying : a request for device descriptor request failed first i thought maybe 1 of my us ports not working but when i tested all ports are working even card reader but the error is still there i updated drivers (chipset - etc) but it didnt help so i want to know how to get rid of that error and what is the problem with my laptop?
    note: sometimes when i trun on my laptop that error is gone mysteriously and most of the times its showing up *Think
    note: i recently changed my wireless adapter tho the orginial adapter was a bt/wifi combo but the new one is just a wifi adapter and i have an ssd installed instead of dvd optical drive and both are working well
    note: things i already tried: disabling fast boot-updating generic usb drivers-taking out battery for 5 minutes-updating drivers

:)

titan5800, Dec 7, 2016

2. A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Hi Kapil,

Thanks for the link. Even after making changes in registry I am still facing issue.

a request for device descriptor request failed [​IMG]

~Cheers

Vikram

VikramAgarwal, Dec 7, 2016
  3. My Windows isnt detecting any of my USB Hubs

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) is not working properly

Detected

Windows has detected a problem with Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed).

Device information

Name:
    Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

ID:
    USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&161B9FA8&0&4

Error code:

View device details

Completed

View details about Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) and check if there is a solution available.

Nope didnt fix it anyway seems like i need to do something about it i wonder if there was a missing file from the install ?

LiteGaming, Dec 7, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

Is this a USB adapter? Does the error go away if the adapter is removed? With the yellow flag in Device Manager, right click it and Uninstall it. Remove the USB Device from the computer end and Restart your computer. When the computer comes back up, plug the USB device into different USB port of the computer.

spunk, Dec 9, 2016
  5. titan5800 Win User
    i have no usb adapter attached and my device is a laptop
    only thing i have attached to laptop is a mouse

titan5800, Dec 9, 2016
  6. titan5800 Win User
    update: driver properties location part says Port_#0007.Hub_#0003 wich device can this be?

titan5800, Dec 9, 2016
  7. spunk Win User
    So, the Wireless adapter that you replaced is not a USB device? Please include the Full Make and Model# of your laptop.
    Right click the device choose Properties/Details/Property take the drop down arrow and choose Hardware ID's copy the text and paste it into Google and/or paste here.

spunk, Dec 10, 2016
  8. titan5800 Win User

it says : USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE

titan5800, Dec 13, 2016
  9. If you've already update the chipset drivers, also check if there's a BIOS update.

Also check to see if this happens with any more frequency when the laptop is plugged vs unplugged (power can also be a cause)
    Does your laptop also have a webam? The cam also connects to the USB bus.

Don';t know if it will help but try running USBLogView. If lucky, maybe it'll show a device dropping in / out

ComputerGeek, Dec 15, 2016
  10. titan5800 Win User
    i have checked every function i could and everything is working (webcam usb3 usb2 ports mouse keyboard etc )
    this error surprise me tho

titan5800, Dec 15, 2016
  11. EdTittel Win User
    Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 15, 2016
  12. titan5800 Win User
    my bios is and custom unlocked bios (latest version) (thanks to Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source ) because of lenovo hardware whitlist maybe thats causing the problem???

titan5800, Dec 17, 2016
  13. EdTittel Win User

Anything is possible, and a custom BIOS is an open question mark. I don't know if it is involved or not. Did you try the uninstall/reboot approach I suggested earlier? Hope this helps,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 19, 2016
  14. titan5800 Win User
    yes i have already tried those solutions there is another thing when i try to install lenovo easy camera driver always says error but camera is working fine tho (it was like this since i bought this laptop and i didnt have that error in device manager ) this error appeared since i replaced my wireless card

titan5800, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. a request for device descriptor request failed - Similar Threads - request device descriptor

2. Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Descriptor Request Failed: I have a Wireless Mouse 1000 and Keyboard 800. The keyboard's light won't turn on, the mouse is unresponsive, and the dongle in the device manager says "Device Descriptor Request Failed". Any possible ways to fix this?...
  3. Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Descriptor Request Failed: I have a Wireless Mouse 1000 and Keyboard 800. The keyboard's light won't turn on, the mouse is unresponsive, and the dongle in the device manager says "Device Descriptor Request Failed". Any possible ways to fix this?...
  4. Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Descriptor Request Failed: Within Device Manager, when the USB printer cable is plugged into the computer regardless of the port plugged into, shows the following error:Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed.We are running SignMaster CUT+ARMS 3.5 and trying to use a VEVOR AB-1350...
  6. Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Descriptor Request Failed: Within Device Manager, when the USB printer cable is plugged into the computer regardless of the port plugged into, shows the following error:Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed.We are running SignMaster CUT+ARMS 3.5 and trying to use a VEVOR AB-1350...
  7. Device Descriptor Request Failed

Device Descriptor Request Failed: I have a nice gaming mouse and then it randomly stops working, I've checked the mouse and there is nothing wrong with it, I've tried many options from youtube and even from this site, please help find an actually helpful answer that actually works....
  8. Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Device Descriptor Request Failed: [ATTACH] so i was trying to connect my phone via USB to use the USB tether function , but then it just broke and now i have watched 3 articles and nothing helped , and i found out that one of the problems might be no generic USB hub and i attach a screenshot of my device...
  9. Device Descriptor Request Failed

Device Descriptor Request Failed: I have a Dell Alienware 51m Laptop running Windows 10 build 1909. I have been facing a very weird problem for quite some time now and there seems to be no fix to it. At any point of time the mouse, the keyboard and any other device like Bluetooth speaker freeze and I see...
  10. device descriptor request failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    device descriptor request failed: [ATTACH] I need help really bad, The only USB ports not working are 2 2.0 in the back and 1 2.0 & 1 3.0 in the front. I'm going to bed soon so I will reply tomorrow but so far I have done the following: -Uninstalled the drivers and restarted my pc -Tried to update...