Windows 10: A series of problems resulted in infinite recovery loop

Discus and support A series of problems resulted in infinite recovery loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Initially I was getting failure during the driver install phase. I removed a few old unused drivers and updated other ones and eventually got past this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kotoroshinoto, Jul 30, 2015.

1. A series of problems resulted in infinite recovery loop

Initially I was getting failure during the driver install phase. I removed a few old unused drivers and updated other ones and eventually got past this problem.

The initial boot went fine, but graphics were in the tubes. Dual monitor wasn't working, and resolution was daft.

I restarted, and windows never came back. I got a mountain/beach image and a clock, but when transitioning from UEFI bootloader to OS load for windows my mouse and keyboard turned off, so I couldn't tell if this was a responsive screen or a wait screen.

After a few frustrating waits of this. I restarted several times. I believe I have tripped a boot recovery trigger, but none of the options can do anything. When it restarts it goes back into recovery.

Where do I go from here?

:)

kotoroshinoto, Jul 30, 2015
  2. pkodu Win User

factory reset phone stuck in loading

The phone won't reset, it is not recognized on the recovery softwares. Loops Windows symbol, gears running, :-( infinitely.

pkodu, Jul 30, 2015
  3. windows defender offline scan

My problem is almost the same. My pc is not stuck in a boot loop but will run defender offline when it should run recovery.

clHarrySmith, Jul 30, 2015
  4. A series of problems resulted in infinite recovery loop

oh great.... now after trying a few hings I've just got a black screen and a white blinking cursor. (tried running chkdsk and such according to suggested fixes for people with similar problems).

It looks like my install is completely borked.

kotoroshinoto, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

A series of problems resulted in infinite recovery loop

1. A series of problems resulted in infinite recovery loop - Similar Threads - series problems resulted

2. Fix an infinite boot loop that loops before recovery environment can be accessed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix an infinite boot loop that loops before recovery environment can be accessed.: I've been dealing with an infinite boot loop since July. Upgraded my motherboard tonsolve a usb disconnect issue, and i was awarded with a boot loop issue instead. Injust fealt with it as at least my usbs devicesnwouldnt randomly and rapidly connect andndisconnect until a...
  3. Fix an infinite boot loop that loops before recovery environment can be accessed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix an infinite boot loop that loops before recovery environment can be accessed.: I've been dealing with an infinite boot loop since July. Upgraded my motherboard tonsolve a usb disconnect issue, and i was awarded with a boot loop issue instead. Injust fealt with it as at least my usbs devicesnwouldnt randomly and rapidly connect andndisconnect until a...
  4. Fix an infinite boot loop that loops before recovery environment can be accessed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Infinite BIOS/UEFI and Recovery mode Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infinite BIOS/UEFI and Recovery mode Loop: This has been bothering me for months now. My computer will work for a few days Windows 11 and then after a few days, it will stop working. It's a brand new computer. I purchased it after my old computer ran into some malware/virus/rootkit type issues. Possibly it was...
  6. Infinite BIOS/UEFI and Recovery mode Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Infinite BIOS/UEFI and Recovery mode Loop: This has been bothering me for months now. My computer will work for a few days Windows 11 and then after a few days, it will stop working. It's a brand new computer. I purchased it after my old computer ran into some malware/virus/rootkit type issues. Possibly it was...
  7. Infinite restart loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Infinite restart loop: I decided to reset the pc and when I'm installing windows it got to 64 percent and started an endless loop of restarting only to go back to 64 and then restart. submitted by /u/Mayo0215 [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows recovery infinite loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows recovery infinite loop: My laptop is stuck in an infinite windows recovery loop. I can't boot into safe mode. I have tried chkdsk commands bootrec etc. Legacy boot results in the windows recovery loop and the uefi boot displays this message ''hardware scan complete with no issues. No bootable...
  9. Problem resetting pc, infinite error loop

Problem resetting pc, infinite error loop: Ive just recently bought an Asus Vivobook for school and I tried booting it up, but it goes to automatic repair. Tried resetting but I always get "There was a problem resetting your pc. No changes were made." No command prompt commands have worked for me and reinstalling...
  10. Infinite loop Windows 10 restart problem

Infinite loop Windows 10 restart problem: Hi When I start my Dell laptop, it shows "Preparing Automatic Repair" and then shows the blue screen of death. The blue screen of death has following texts. *Sad Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you. If you'd like to know more, you...