Windows 10: A simple Guest account?

Discus and support A simple Guest account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I've upgraded to Windows 10 and want a simple Guest account for visitors. The only add users options I have involve my visitors setting... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Chewdadda, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Chewdadda Win User

A simple Guest account?

Hi Guys,

I've upgraded to Windows 10 and want a simple Guest account for visitors. The only add users options I have involve my visitors setting up email accounts, etc, which defeats the object of a simple Guest account. I've looked online and there are many recommendations of using stating:
    " right-click Start > Computer Management. Under System Tools > Local Users and Groups, click Users, then on the right, double-click Guest. Uncheck the box marked "Account is disabled" and reboot."
    However, in my Windows 10 there is no Local Users and Groups in System Tools.

Can you tell me how I achieve this, please A simple Guest account? :)

Greetings to all A simple Guest account? :)

Rob

:)

Chewdadda, Aug 6, 2015
  2. Parveen T Win User

How do I set up a guest user on windows 10 without having to setting up email etc..

I need to set up GUEST USER on my new windows 10 and the only way possible is to complete details and email address etc. Is there a simple way of setting up a guest user for browsing etc without completing these details so that they can click on the Guest
    User and log in without entering a password? Simple way?

Parveen T, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Reco P Win User
    windows 10

Will somebody please tell me how to set up a simple guest account in windows 10 ????????????

Reco P, Aug 6, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

A simple Guest account?

Control panel is a better place for account management.

Control Panel\User Accounts\User Accounts, from there you should be able to create a guest account.

swarfega, Aug 6, 2015
  5. Chewdadda Win User
    Hiya,
    Thanks for responding. I've been through that already, but I have a couple of users who don't want to have to register email accounts or phone numbers (they're old!) and it won't allow access without. In the computer management/system tools location, my build doesn't have the Local users and groups link spoken of by others. I feel it's such an obvious requirement it should be a doddle. I know I'm not alone with this niggle - it's a real nuisance unless I risk the the occasional users screwing my account ;-)

Cheers

Rob

Chewdadda, Aug 6, 2015
  6. JohnE Win User
    Go to control panel/user accounts/manage another account. Then click add another user in pc settings. Select 'add someone else to this pc'. Now when prompted to fill in e-mail select 'this person does not have an e-mail address'. At the next screen select 'add a person without a microsoft account'. On next screen select a dummy user name . I gave name of 'person' as ' Guest 1' and it set up a local account for the individual 'Guest 1' with no need to enter e-mail address or anything else

JohnE, Aug 29, 2015
  7. Chewdadda Win User
    Thanks John, I'll give that a shot A simple Guest account? :)

Rob

Chewdadda, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

A simple Guest account?

1. A simple Guest account? - Similar Threads - simple Guest account

2. Guest Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Guest Account: How do I create a solo "Guest Acct" where I have family or friends can use it openly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-account/4b142ba3-7cb0-4129-8118-55938015394d
  3. Guest account

Guest account: How do I add a guest account? The activate user command syntax given in a 2015 response is not correct. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-account/53ac58a3-2342-4cd5-a6ea-391734922c21
  4. Deleting a guest account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting a guest account: How do I delete a Guest account in Win10 when it doesn't appear on the account settings list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-guest-account/f7516208-54fb-4f8c-bc0e-9127d90c6594"
  5. Guest account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Guest account: How so I add a Guest account to my PC? When I go through Settings/Accounts/Other People, I get the message that I can't use a "snapin" with this edition of Windows 10, and that I must use the User Accounts too in the Control Panel. When I try that, it simply opens the...
  6. Guest Account

Guest Account: Recently I did a reset of my computer. It activated an inbuilt Guest Account. The account is not working properly. The start and search buttons are not responsive. It works fine in my own admin account and another ordinary account I created. How do I disable the inbuilt...
  7. Guest account

Guest account: I asked this before but was unable to view any replies. My friend has a small business. He allows patrons to use his computer. Someone goes into settings and turns off the security and updates. How do I make an admin account for him with a password, and then make an open...
  8. Guest account

Guest account: My friend has a small business. He has a computer (Windows 10) that he often lets patrons use. Someone changes his settings and turns off security. I'd like to help stop this problem. Can I set him up an account as admin with a password, then set up a guest account with no...
  9. Guest account

Guest account: How do I enable the guest account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/guest-account/b9b128b8-31bb-4c65-99b7-77d4e23190f1"
  10. Add Guest Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add Guest Account: How to add guest account that don't need password at startup, can somebody tell me?? 28594