Windows 10: "a startDocPrinter call was not issued"

Discus and support "a startDocPrinter call was not issued" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I found old posts on this and the solutions did not help. I am usually observant about if this happened after a Win 10 update or HP update or whatever,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sylvain, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Sylvain Win User

"a startDocPrinter call was not issued"

I found old posts on this and the solutions did not help. I am usually observant about if this happened after a Win 10 update or HP update or whatever, but I swear it just started happening.
    My Dell 15R laptop is connected wireless to Asus router and the HP-Envy-7645 AIO printer is wired to the router.
    I haven't had trouble in years, but suddenly can't print.
    So as you might guess, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer more times than I can count, followed a bunch of HP suggestions and apps that don't work on top of the many website links that are broken or just not there.

whhheeeewww. I have gone through the registry with Uniblue Powersuite, MalwareBytes/Antimalware and I ran the cmd line prompts in several configurations to try to reset things....

I think I need new information.

Please help

:)

Sylvain, Jun 6, 2018

2. RPC call failed

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive an error: The remote procedure call failed, I suggest you to check the status of Remote Procedure Call locator service.

Step 1: Make sure the Remote Procedure Call status is Started and set to Automatic. RPC Locator should be set to Manual. Follow the below steps for the same:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.
    • Type services.msc in the search box and press
      Enter
    • Search for the Remote Procedure Call locator service
    • Make sure the Start-up type is Manual.

Steps to set the services to Automatic

• Right click on the service
    • If the service is stopped then Start the service
    • Select Properties
    • And in the Start-up type, select Manual.

Step 2: If the service is already started and set to manual, then run
    System file checker (SFC) scan on your computer.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Kindly get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Audio issues in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided in the link?
    There issue might have occurred due to corrupted drivers or incorrect settings. I suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

"a startDocPrinter call was not issued"

1. "a startDocPrinter call was not issued" - Similar Threads - startDocPrinter call was

2. Audio issues when calling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio issues when calling: I did a call recently to watch some videos with someone and my audio got weird. I know that this happens when the setting for communications is set to do that for either the laptop or what you're using to call in this case, we tried Discord and Messenger but those settings...
  3. Fix A StartDocPrinter call was not issued on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix A StartDocPrinter call was not issued on Windows PC: [ATTACH]Some HP Printer users are unable to print as when they try to do the same, an error message that says A StartDocPrinter call was not issued pops up. This issue is obviously annoying and requires fixing, that is what, we are going to do in this article. We will be...
  4. "StartDocPrinter Call was not issued" after KB4598242

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "StartDocPrinter Call was not issued" after KB4598242: Last night my PC installed one single update: KB4598242 Today none of my printers work. Tried the printer troubleshooter. Tried reinstalling printers. Tried restarting the spooler. Tried cacls utility on PRINTERS in system32\spool. In the end I finally realized KB4598242...
  5. Handsfree issues with calls

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Handsfree issues with calls: so I just bought a headset to play video games with friends during the confinement and it worked immediately... until I tried connecting to Discord. it muted everything else, forcing discord onto the "headset", essentially turning off the stereo headphones. this is a big...
  6. issue with calling

in Windows 10 Customization
    issue with calling: issue with calling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-calling/a611045c-e693-4238-9e0a-74ca918df34d
  7. can not use notepad it say a startdocprinter call not issued

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can not use notepad it say a startdocprinter call not issued: can not use note pad it say a startdocprintercall was not issued https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-use-notepad-it-say-a-startdocprinter-call/59f2f1fb-25c2-4699-b7f9-c109f24227c1"
  8. Cannot print to an HP M452nw over the network - StartDocPrinter Call was not issued

Cannot print to an HP M452nw over the network - StartDocPrinter Call was not issued: I have a workstation that will not print to an HP M452nw over the network. If I try and print a test page, it errors. If I try and print from notepad, I get an error that says: StartDocPrinter Call was not issued. I have tried what was suggested in this article:...
  9. StartDocPrinter Call was not issued

StartDocPrinter Call was not issued: I have lost printing function on my HP laptop. As Microsoft shows an update added on Aug 14 to version1903, I suspect this is the problem. I have had a technician log in to try and solve this, and have tried the online diagnostics from Microsoft and also HP Print Doctor. I...
  10. Windows 10: a startDocPrinter call was not issued

Windows 10: a startDocPrinter call was not issued: I found old posts on this and the solutions did not help. I am usually observant about if this happened after a Win 10 update or HP update or whatever, but I swear it just started happening. My Dell 15R laptop is connected wireless to Asus router and the HP-Envy-7645 AIO...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. a startdocprinter call was not issued

2. startdocprinter call was not issued

3. startdocprinter call was not issued w10

4. a startdocprinter call was not issued hp,
  5. A StartDocPrinter call was not issued windows 10,
  6. startdocprinter,
  7. what is a startdocprinter call,
  8. startdocprinter call dell laptop,
  9. a startdocprinter was not issued,
  10. stardocprint,
  11. A StartDocPrinter call was not issued error,