"a startDocPrinter call was not issued"

Discus and support "a startDocPrinter call was not issued" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I found old posts on this and the solutions did not help. I am usually observant about if this happened after a Win 10 update or HP update or whatever,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sylvain, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Sylvain Win User

I found old posts on this and the solutions did not help. I am usually observant about if this happened after a Win 10 update or HP update or whatever, but I swear it just started happening.
    My Dell 15R laptop is connected wireless to Asus router and the HP-Envy-7645 AIO printer is wired to the router.
    I haven't had trouble in years, but suddenly can't print.
    So as you might guess, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer more times than I can count, followed a bunch of HP suggestions and apps that don't work on top of the many website links that are broken or just not there.

whhheeeewww. I have gone through the registry with Uniblue Powersuite, MalwareBytes/Antimalware and I ran the cmd line prompts in several configurations to try to reset things....

I think I need new information.

Please help

:)

Sylvain, Jun 6, 2018
  2. Deepika Gowda Win User

RPC call failed

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive an error: The remote procedure call failed, I suggest you to check the status of Remote Procedure Call locator service.

Step 1: Make sure the Remote Procedure Call status is Started and set to Automatic. RPC Locator should be set to Manual. Follow the below steps for the same:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.
    • Type services.msc in the search box and press
      Enter
    • Search for the Remote Procedure Call locator service
    • Make sure the Start-up type is Manual.

Steps to set the services to Automatic

• Right click on the service
    • If the service is stopped then Start the service
    • Select Properties
    • And in the Start-up type, select Manual.

Step 2: If the service is already started and set to manual, then run
    System file checker (SFC) scan on your computer.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Kindly get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Audio issues in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided in the link?
    There issue might have occurred due to corrupted drivers or incorrect settings. I suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

1. "a startDocPrinter call was not issued" - Similar Threads - startDocPrinter call was

2. Windows Mixed Reality Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality Issues: Hello! I'm not sure how many other people have faced these issues, but I can't seem to narrow it down to a simple determination of "Hardware or Software issues," so here we go; I have the Acer Windows Mixed Reality headset, Zotac 1070ti 8gb, Intel i5 4690k, MSI B85M, 16gb...
  3. Computer started to have issues following windows 10 update. Ran a test and found issues....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer started to have issues following windows 10 update. Ran a test and found issues....: My computer updated for an Adobe security update. After that update i started getting blue screens, stop code: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and my everyday programs, like java, began running into issues with running code. So i decided to use Memory Diagnostic Tool. It came up with...
  4. Mouse w/o Borders Windows 10 issue - Cursor Disappearing behind menus

Mouse w/o Borders Windows 10 issue - Cursor Disappearing behind menus: Hello, So apparently this is a somewhat common issue with Windows 10 in general, and the fix for it if using a mouse connected to computer is to update the driver via Device Manager.. However, I'm wondering since it is remote, if the software driver may need an update? My...
  5. Remote Desktop App File Copy Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop App File Copy Issue: Help, I have downloaded the new client on my mac mini desktop with High Sierra fully patched. I can connect to servers and share files between the systems with no problem. When I try to connect to a Win10 machine I can copy files and folders up to the Win10 system. I can...
  6. Windows update (1809 version) is making my laptop unusable: mouse issues, devices issues...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update (1809 version) is making my laptop unusable: mouse issues, devices issues...: Since the first time that windows asked me to reboot, in order to install the "april 2018 update" i started having various issues: -My start button refuses to work completely. -My mouse cursor keeps flashing busy endlessly. -Some of my devices have become "generic" and...
  7. Can I be reimbursed for issues caused by Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can I be reimbursed for issues caused by Windows 10 update?: My home computer updated to Windows 10 latest release and it corrupted my OS as well as crashed my hard drive. This update has ended up costing me $180 to repair. I had to pay the Geek Squad to restore my data and replace the hard drive....
  8. windows update issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update issues: hi guys. im using asus vivobook pro 580D (if i remember it correctly) just purchased it a few months ago. Recently there has been an update on this laptop. So i updated it AND after update, was trying to browse youtube to watch some videos. Only black screen with audio only...
  9. Windows tablet touch screen and sound issues

Windows tablet touch screen and sound issues: Before i say anything else I first want to mention i have tried everything in the first reply to this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/hid-compliant-touch-screen-is-no-longer-in-my/a3a80129-a682-43d0-9436-bd7c8d19d119 as that...
  10. taskbar issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar issues: I've migrated away from a mac environment and now have a windows 10 based HP envy. I am having repeated issues with the task bar not autohiding. I am aware that notifications can stop the taskbar hiding (which then gets in the way of applications I might be using) but I am...