Windows 10: A tip for users changing ms account & ms store.

Discus and support A tip for users changing ms account & ms store. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Today I changed my outlook account to my original gmail account. In an earlier post I gave a tip to fix onedrive. This time I found out the the ms... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Hewjr100, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Hewjr100 Win User

A tip for users changing ms account & ms store.

Today I changed my outlook account to my original gmail account. In an earlier post I gave a tip to fix onedrive. This time I found out the the ms store was asking for outlook account password, did not work. Microsoft support could not help either. But refusing to give up I got to thinking and tried to uninstall ms store...you can't, but it had an advanced option. I checked it out, and it had an option to reset ms store so I gave it a shot and Lo and behold it worked. So if you encounter this problem, you can find the solution here.

Henry

:)

Hewjr100, Dec 30, 2016
  2. Time Lady Win User

What other stuff would change the password or PIN number itself?

If you're using a local account then visit the MS app store & purchase something this will change the log in details to your MS account details thus changing the password. Another reason is someone having access to your account, logging in & changing the
    password there.

Time Lady, Dec 30, 2016
  3. adding family to MS account - win 10

I am trying to add my husband as a user on my MS account. In settings - accounts - family & other users - add child or adult - select add adult & type his email address which is a gmail account. I get a message that this isn't a MS account & to try another
    email (which he doesn't have or want) or to sign up for a MS account.

Is there no way to sign up with his GMAIL account?

If I have to create a MS account for him, what will that do for his other email settings? Right now outlook & the Win 10 email fetch his gmail. Will this all have to change to the MS account?

Thanks.

girlgonesailing, Dec 30, 2016
  4. A tip for users changing ms account & ms store.

Thanks for posting this tip. *Smile

lehnerus2000, Dec 30, 2016
  5. Hewjr100 Win User
    Your Welcome.

Henry

Hewjr100, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

A tip for users changing ms account & ms store.

1. A tip for users changing ms account & ms store. - Similar Threads - tip users changing

2. MS store region will not change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS store region will not change.: Everything is set to US English. Everything is set to region: US. Windows is set to US English and region US. MS account in the web and in windows is set to English and US Region. MS Store still stuck on Japanese....
  3. MS store region will not change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS store region will not change.: Everything is set to US English. Everything is set to region: US. Windows is set to US English and region US. MS account in the web and in windows is set to English and US Region. MS Store still stuck on Japanese....
  4. region change in Account do not apply in MS Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    region change in Account do not apply in MS Store: While I have relocated from Russia and is no more living or related to the country, I still can not purchase products via MS Store due to the error of restriction of sales on the region. I have changed settings in my MS Account, linked phone, entered address. But still it...
  5. region change in Account do not apply in MS Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    region change in Account do not apply in MS Store: While I have relocated from Russia and is no more living or related to the country, I still can not purchase products via MS Store due to the error of restriction of sales on the region. I have changed settings in my MS Account, linked phone, entered address. But still it...
  6. region change in Account do not apply in MS Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. How do I change the email for an MS account for a user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I change the email for an MS account for a user?: Hi all, A couple of years ago I got a Surface Pro 6, with 8GB RAM and an i5 with Windows 10 (19041.867). While I was setting it up for the user, I was asked to provide my MS account email. I did this and everything was fine. Now, when the user logs on, my profile picture...
  8. Changing computers & MS account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing computers & MS account: If I buy a new laptop / Notebook how do I go about removing current device from my MS account & add the new one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-computers-ms-account/04977d27-7b92-4428-b3b1-840cc85738ba
  9. user selection in my MS account

user selection in my MS account: I have three users in my MS account plus default and public (no, I don't know how they got there). I find that the wrong user is being used in programs. How do I change the default? Thanks 113361
  10. MS accounts & user a/c names

MS accounts & user a/c names: i have a registered Windows 10 installed on my 1st hard drive but after Windows Update screwed it up i am doing a clean install onto a 2nd hard drive. but upon install after entering my license key it then prompted me for a user account name and password. I don't have one so...