Windows 10: A Windows account UserProfile Question

Discus and support A Windows account UserProfile Question in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, guys. Does Anyone have experience with Windows account profile? The Situation: If I have a user profile on a machine had something wrong, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/I_Have_A_Penny, Feb 14, 2020.

1. A Windows account UserProfile Question

Hey, guys. Does Anyone have experience with Windows account profile?

The Situation: If I have a user profile on a machine had something wrong, and I cannot figure out the problem.

My Question: Can I Delete the user's registry infomation (HKEY_USERS\TheUserAccountIMadeUp). Then I paste a copy of the same user's registry (which is running smoothly) from a different pc.

Will this corrupted user account work again?

submitted by /u/I_Have_A_Penny
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/I_Have_A_Penny, Feb 14, 2020

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

A Windows account UserProfile Question

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown A  Windows account UserProfile Question :(

Zakin, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

A Windows account UserProfile Question

1. A Windows account UserProfile Question - Similar Threads - account UserProfile Question

2. Windows 10 has 751 "DefaultUserxxx" userprofiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 has 751 "DefaultUserxxx" userprofiles: Hello,On my brothers PC I saw, that in the user-folder C:\users there are 751 folders, which begin with defaultuser.I deleted them all with admin rights but after the next reboot, they are there again.In the event manager I searched in "Windows Protocols -> Security" for the...
  3. Userprofile folder not showing

Userprofile folder not showing: Hello Plz help my username folder "91882" not showing in user folder but when i give path c:\users\91882 its there all files is there why its not showing in users folder i turn on hidden folders and and drives but still not accessible this problem happened when i change...
  4. Userprofile folder not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Userprofile folder not showing: Hello Plz help my username folder "91882" not showing in user folder but when i give path c:\users\91882 its there all files is there why its not showing in users folder i turn on hidden folders and and drives but still not accessible this problem happened when i change...
  5. Accounts question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Accounts question: Hello AllOne thing that always confuses me Windows 10 is accounts.So I've purchased several refurbished Thinkpads.The machines arrive with an account name and no password. So I set up a passowrd and end up stuck with that account name put int by the seller. One computer is...
  6. Accounts question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accounts question: Hello AllOne thing that always confuses me Windows 10 is accounts.So I've purchased several refurbished Thinkpads.The machines arrive with an account name and no password. So I set up a passowrd and end up stuck with that account name put int by the seller. One computer is...
  7. Accounts question

8. Account Question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account Question: Hello Folks, If I change an email password, do I need to renew the Account Recovery Code? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-question/ac271ff6-9dad-49de-805a-c2dd4cdd5ef4
  9. Windows folder in userprofile folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows folder in userprofile folder: As the title says. I don't know how and when it happened but I've got a Windows folder in my userprofile folder and I have never seen anything like this before *sarc What it's doing there? It's the same Windows folder as the one located at C: (both have the same size) and...
  10. %userprofile% is wrong

in Windows 10 Customization
    %userprofile% is wrong: After changing my username from Jerol to Jerold using netplwiz on Windows 10, and frebooting, %username% is Jerold BUT other environment variables, like userprofile, still use Jerol. How do I fix this?...