Windows 10: A very worrying OneDrive occurance...

Discus and support A very worrying OneDrive occurance... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use OneDrive as a simple means of moving the odd file between two PC's and, even more rarely sharing a link for some item as a temporary means to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mooly, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Mooly Win User

A very worrying OneDrive occurance...

I use OneDrive as a simple means of moving the odd file between two PC's and, even more rarely sharing a link for some item as a temporary means to make a particular file available.

My 32 bit install of W10 has been flagging up messages (W10 notifications at lower right of screen) that OneDrive needs to have some features installed ???? That's odd in itself. The message always disappears after a couple of seconds. Just mentioning that bit simply because it happens......

What is worrying, and I don't see how this could happen, is that my Shared Images folder has suddenly gained around 20 files from various locations on my PC. There are pdf's, there are images, there are text files, some of which contain confidential information. All these files are located in meticulously indexed folders etc in the normal 'documents' location.

The thing is, the files are all duplicated in OneDrive with the originals still being in the correct locations.

How can that be ?

When you move a file to OneDrive it moves from its present location over to OneDrive. It doesn't copy the file.

I'm really puzzled and slightly worried that this has happened. I can't see anything that I could have accidently done to do this, not to pick files from all over the place and dump them in the shared images folder.

:)

Mooly, Sep 11, 2016

2. worried very much

Hi.

I would like to know what exactly happens when the computer is switch on.

What is the make and the model of the Computer?

How old is the computer?

What Operating system was being used before installing the windows 10?

How was Windows 10 installed? (Upgrade or Booted from the Disk)

If you need further assistance, get back to us with the required information and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harsha Rasquinha, Sep 11, 2016
  3. worried very much

This is exactly what happened to my son's computer, when he upgraded to Win 10 his computer crashed and it has not worked since he installed Win 10 on the first day it was made available. I suspect it has destroyed the hard drive. When he turns it on the
    only thing that works is the fan inside the computer and that's it. This is a very expensive gaming computer, Microsoft please help!

Very very very concerned, Sep 11, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

simrick, Sep 12, 2016
  5. Mooly Win User
    Thanks for the reply.

Well nothing seems to be synced and having deleted the files from OneDrive no more have appeared. All the deleted files are still present and correct in the original locations.

This screen shot shows my normal documents folder. Each folder contains anything up to half a dozen or more subfolders. The files that appeared in OneDrive were a random mix of single documents from odd locations. I can't begin to imagine what could have done this.

A very worrying OneDrive occurance... [​IMG]

Mooly, Sep 12, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    That is really strange. And you have no other computers/tablets/phone syncing either? I don't know what else to suggest, as I don't use OneDrive that much, so not really familiar with it. But I agree it is an oddball you've encountered!

simrick, Sep 12, 2016
  7. Mooly Win User
    Nope, nothing synced at all. All I can do is keep an eye on it and see what happens.

Mooly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. A very worrying OneDrive occurance... - Similar Threads - very worrying OneDrive

2. OneDrive - Sorry, an error has occurred

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive - Sorry, an error has occurred: I need to access my OneDrive through a browser. I can log in OK and can see the Microsoft 365 welcome screen. However, each time I select the One Drive tab to access my files, I get the message "Sorry, and error has occurred." There is no other information. Please help....
  3. Laptop is unresponsive and I'm very worried.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is unresponsive and I'm very worried.: So, I woke up today to turn on my laptop. I'm presented with a flashing screen which flashed onto my desktop and then went black and so on. So what I did was I restarted my laptop using ctrl+alt+delete and pressed the restart. Fortunately my laptop was relieved of the...
  4. Laptop is unresponsive and I'm very worried.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is unresponsive and I'm very worried.: So, I woke up today to turn on my laptop. I'm presented with a flashing screen which flashed onto my desktop and then went black and so on. So what I did was I restarted my laptop using ctrl+alt+delete and pressed the restart. Fortunately my laptop was relieved of the...
  5. Laptop is unresponsive and I'm very worried.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. PLEASE HELP ME,I VERY WORRIED ON MY PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PLEASE HELP ME,I VERY WORRIED ON MY PC: hi guys last week I was playing a game on my laptop, when I clicked the game shortcut my PC battery suddenly dropped to 9%, even though before that my PC battery was still 90%, then the game didn't appear at all and I found many unknown applications and Internet explorer...
  7. OneDrive is very very STUPID!!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive is very very STUPID!!!!: How can you freeze an account and still allow people to be able to save files in it? I want to access my files now but I now have to wait for 24 hours for it to be unfrozen. You guys are really silly and stupid!...
  8. VERY STRANGE OCCURANCE/PROFILE SWITCHAROO

in Windows 10 Customization
    VERY STRANGE OCCURANCE/PROFILE SWITCHAROO: Hello all, I might happen to be tech support/customer care remotely......… but trust me when I say that I just created my first gmail in 2014 when I went back to school while in my thirties.....stayed steady only taking one semester off while raising 3 children and 3 part...
  9. Worried about hacker access to onedrive files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Worried about hacker access to onedrive files: I received an e-mail from a work colleague with a link to a Purchase Order Number. It took me to a site that looked very similar to microsoft's one drive access page. I entered my email address and microsoft password into the site. An error was posted upon login and I...
  10. A Blue screen appeared.... I'm very worried

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A Blue screen appeared.... I'm very worried: Hello, My computer recently updated at night and when I tried to use it but there was blue screen, it read 'bad system config info'. Then the computer went to diagnose itself and gave me the option to turn off or advance options. I'm very worried since I have everything on...