Windows 10: A way to get back Catalyst Control Center with AMD Radeon HD 4200?

Discus and support A way to get back Catalyst Control Center with AMD Radeon HD 4200? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and the upgrade removed the Catalyst Control Center. Now, the only way I have to control my brightness... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by hbenthow, Mar 28, 2016.

1. hbenthow Win User

A way to get back Catalyst Control Center with AMD Radeon HD 4200?

I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and the upgrade removed the Catalyst Control Center. Now, the only way I have to control my brightness and contrast is through the monitor settings, and none of the settings I've ever tried on my monitor have looked right. Only Catalyst Control Center was able to make my display look good and not hurt my eyes.

Is there any way to install Catalyst Control Center on a computer running Windows 10 with an AMD Radeon HD 4200 built-in video card, without running the risk of having a driver conflict with Windows or otherwise messing things up? The AMD website appears to have some drivers that are compatible with Windows 10, and some that are compatible with the AMD Radeon HD 4200. The problem is that it's an either/or situation: none of the drivers are confirmed to work with both my operating system and my video card.

:)

hbenthow, Mar 28, 2016
  2. Coy916 Win User

Intel HD Graphics Driver Error

Representative

Here are the error codes I get when trying to update my dispay drivers:

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. driver update for AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series - Error 0x800f0246

Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 - Error 0x800f0246

AMD Catalyst Control Center cannot start. I tried several times to install

I have a Samsung Laptop NP 700Z5B with an AMD Radeon HD6490M graphics card

Does microsoft have a solution?

Sincerely

Coy

Coy916, Mar 28, 2016
  3. Ralf_G Win User
    What are "Radeon Settings" and why have I got this?

"I'm not sure if it is titled AMD Control Center in P&F, or"

Split the difference;

AMD Catalyst Control Center and AMD Catalyst Install Manager are both listed when retail (AMD) drivers are installed.

Radeon Settings is the new name for the same thing. Not sure if it only applies to the new "Crimson" drivers or all of the current drivers. The Radeon drivers for both my PC's are in legacy status, one still bundling CCC and the other not having
    it at all.

Ralf_G, Mar 28, 2016
  4. AndreTen Win User

Welcome to the tenforums hbenthow!
    Radeon 4200 is a mobility card, right? I don't have one, but quick search gave me this result on amd forums.
    Essentially, you have to get Windows 8 drivers and install them in compatibility mode.

Good luck!

AndreTen, Mar 28, 2016
  5. hbenthow Win User
    Thank you.
    I'm not sure what a mobility card is. All I know is that it's an integrated video card built in to my desktop PC's motherboard.
    Does that run any risk of messing something up or booting Windows up with a blank screen?

hbenthow, Mar 28, 2016
  6. AndreTen Win User
    Mobility are cards in laptops. Obviously, yours isn't.
    You can wait for someone with the same card as you have, or try what is recommended in that forum topic. I would stick to complete procedure that is given.
    Is there possibility for update to go bad? Nothing is 100 %, but this things are usually solvable.

There are the same instructions here on this forum.

AndreTen, Mar 29, 2016
  7. hbenthow Win User
    Thank you.

hbenthow, Mar 29, 2016
  8. hbenthow Win User

Well, I tried what PhilGates recommended (including the forced install using the Device Manger) in that thread you linked to, but it didn't work right. the Control Center installed, but it was missing most functionalities, including the ability to adjust brightness and contrast. It might be that I picked the wrong inf file during the forced install. There are numerous inf files in subfolders of the driver directory (but none in the main directory). I had no idea which one to pick, and just guessed.

hbenthow, Mar 29, 2016
  9. AndreTen Win User
    Did you restart?
    in the first link I posted here:
    You need to uninstall your previous AMD Control centre (Remove everything) and restart your computer, and then install the windows 7/8 AMD legacy driver (AMD Catalyst 13.4 Legacy Driver) under compatibility mode windows 8 with administrative rights (Right click on setup and select TROUBLESHOOT compatibility THEN SELECT TROUBLSHOOT PROGRAM, THEN SELECT THE PROGRAM WORKED IN EARLIER VERSIONS, THEN SELECT Windows 8, COMPLETE COMPATABILTY MODE), this will then give you partial Catalyst control centre. You then need to go to Device manager and manually force install the legacy display driver which did not install using setup. Double click on Ati display driver choose driver tab, select update driver, select 'browse my computer' for driver, then select 'Let me pick from list' click on have disk, and browse to your driver directory C:\AMD\AMD_Catalyst_13.4_Legacy_Beta_Vista_Win7_Win8\Packages\Drivers\Display. And select the FOLDER W8_inf, this will then install the legacy driver correctly, and give you full functionality of the Legacy driver. This driver works fine with no issues detected so far, even the app market works fine.

AndreTen, Mar 29, 2016
  10. hbenthow Win User
    Yes. However, the AMD folders and subfolders on my C drive were still present after the uninstallation and restart (after the first time I tried this method, that is - I'm not sure if they were present at all before I tried this method of installing the drivers). Should I manually delete them?
    Therein lies part of the problem. It won't let me select the folder. It merely opens the folder. It won't actually select anything but an actual inf file.

hbenthow, Mar 29, 2016
  11. AndreTen Win User
    Did you select "manually select...", and then have disk? Oh, sorry - you did. In selected folder it offers you inf file. Correct.

AndreTen, Mar 29, 2016
  12. hbenthow Win User
    Yes.
    Could it be that I picked the wrong inf file?

Also, is it best to do a complete install of the 13.4 legacy driver, or to do a custom install and only select certain components? Could installing the whole thing have been a mistake?

hbenthow, Mar 29, 2016
  13. AndreTen Win User

I have had a similar problem, but in Windows 7 - old laptop without supported graphic driver. In my opinion it is best to install whole package, if you can. Otherwise manually.
    When you picked inf file - what did installer show? Before you confirmed installation the name is presented to you.

These are another instructions from MS forums:

1. Install the driver

2. Go to Device Manager -> Graphics Card (or Video Card, or something similar)

3. Right click, select Update Driver

4. Choose the second option, something like "Search driver on the computer"

5. Choose "Select driver from list"

6. Click button "Device..." (right corner)

7. Now you have to choose a file. Navigate to the folder "C:\AMD\Support\13-1-legacy_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc\Packages\Drivers\Display\W86A_INF".

Maybe the folder has a slightly different name in your case!

8. There should be a few files in this folder, choose one of them and click Okay

9. Back in the list there should now be one or a few entries with a name similar to your card (Radeon HD 4200)

10. Click Next - the driver should install

11. Restart your computer

Hope I could clarify things a little bit!

AndreTen, Mar 30, 2016
  14. hbenthow Win User
    "C7156445.inf".

Should I manually delete the AMD folder on my C drive before trying to install the drivers again?

hbenthow, Mar 30, 2016
  15. hbenthow Win User
    AndreTen, I tried everything again, and I don't know what I did different, but it worked this time! I have the full Catalyst Control Center on my computer now, and it seems to be working fine. Thank you for all the help!

hbenthow, Mar 30, 2016
Thema:

1. A way to get back Catalyst Control Center with AMD Radeon HD 4200? - Similar Threads - Catalyst Control Center

2. Amd catalyst control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Amd catalyst control: AMD Catalyst control center. I tried to delete this using Control Center but it will not respond when I select delete in Windows 10. What do I need to do to delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-catalyst-control/228c0f19-2b5f-41ac-a12f-a9280088258c
  3. Amd catalyst control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Amd catalyst control: AMD Catalyst control center. I tried to delete this using Control Center but it will not respond when I select delete in Windows 10. What do I need to do to delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-catalyst-control/228c0f19-2b5f-41ac-a12f-a9280088258c
  4. Amd catalyst control

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. AMD Catalyst Control Center

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AMD Catalyst Control Center: Hallo liebe Community, Ich habe im Task-Manager den Prozess "Catalyst Control Center" der für den Internet-Zugang Ethernet zuständig ist vermutlich gelöscht ... Was kann ich unternehmen? Vielen vielen Dank Gruß Günther...
  6. ATI Radeon HD 4200 driver problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ATI Radeon HD 4200 driver problem: As this Problem was locked, I would like to add a possible solution that worked for me(x64 w10 pro) . I just disabled the signed driver enforcement. IT FIXED MY PROBLEM! Windows 10 enforces driver signatures by default. This can be disabled to install drivers that are not...
  7. HDMI not working with AMD Radeon HD 4200

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI not working with AMD Radeon HD 4200: Hi. I have a HP Pavilion dv4 with AMD ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 graphic controller. When I installed Win 10, I was able to use the HDMI port to watch movies in my TV. Some time ago, the HDMI output didn't work anymore. I guess some Win 10 update broke the driver or...
  8. How to Get Back AMD Catalyst Control Center to configure my VGA?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to Get Back AMD Catalyst Control Center to configure my VGA?: Windows 10 Pro x64, 8.970.100.9001 AMD driver from Microsoft, (Mobility) Radeon HD 3200 graphics card Basically, long story short, I've used an old W7 Pro licence to create another partition, so I could dual boot my current W7 Home Premium with Windows 10 Pro, and test how...
  9. Catalyst Control Center refuses to install AMD Mobility HD 4200

Catalyst Control Center refuses to install AMD Mobility HD 4200: Just as the title says, I'm able to install the drivers but not CCC which I kinda need. I use overscaling for my tv that it's plugged into via hdmi.I've tried using DDU for fresh install with the 2 most recent drivers for it in compatibility mode for Windows 7&8 and with...
  10. Question about amd catalyst control center

Question about amd catalyst control center: Hello After upgrading my laptop to window 10, i lost amd catalyst control center, i really need this app to switch between amd and intel GPU Manually any advice please 78954