Windows 10: A website will only open in IE, I want to open it in Edge. How do I fix this?

Discus and support A website will only open in IE, I want to open it in Edge. How do I fix this? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a website that I use everyday. If I try to open it in Edge, it opens in IE by default. How do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ducava, Jul 25, 2018.

1. ducava Win User

A website will only open in IE, I want to open it in Edge. How do I fix this?

I have a website that I use everyday. If I try to open it in Edge, it opens in IE by default. How do I fix this?

:)

ducava, Jul 25, 2018

2. How to open Edge and IE with prefered website

Hi, Paul.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the issue that you are facing currently, and we in Community will try to resolve your issue the best way we can.

I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if the issue still arises.

In Internet Explorer:

• Open “Internet Explorer” and
      click on the “Gear” icon located in the right top corner if the screen
    • Click on “Internet Options”, go to the “General”
      tab and in the dialog box type the address of the website
      that you want to open as default.
    • Then click on the “Start with Homepage”,
      then click on “Apply” and then “OK”.

Microsoft Edge:

• Open Edge, click on thesymbol on the left corner of the screen.
    • Then click on the “Open With” and
      “Specific page or pages” and select “Custom” from the drop down list.
    • Type the address of the website that you want Edge to automatically open when you open it.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 25, 2018
  3. John Vil Win User
    Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Jul 25, 2018
  4. A website will only open in IE, I want to open it in Edge. How do I fix this?

Error- HTTP/1.1 200 OK on Edge and other browers goes blank when try to open particular websites

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • What happens when you try to access the same websites in other PC?
    I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it help you.

• Open the Microsoft Edge browser. Open a website.
    • Click on '. . .' select Open with Internet Explorer
      and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue doesn't resolve, try the below steps.

• Press Start, type Internet Explorer and
      select it.
    • Press Ctrl + Shift + P, it opens Internet Explorer as
      InPrivate mode
      . Try to access the website and check if the issue still persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

A website will only open in IE, I want to open it in Edge. How do I fix this?

1. A website will only open in IE, I want to open it in Edge. How do I fix this? - Similar Threads - website open open

2. I can open some websites on Edge but not others.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can open some websites on Edge but not others.: I am currently in a different country and when I go on to my Edge on windows 11 I can access YouTube, Amazon, Facebook and Gmail. However, if I try to access Outlook, Word Press and other websites I can't. Which is strange since it was working all fine before and I can access...
  3. I can open some websites on Edge but not others.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can open some websites on Edge but not others.: I am currently in a different country and when I go on to my Edge on windows 11 I can access YouTube, Amazon, Facebook and Gmail. However, if I try to access Outlook, Word Press and other websites I can't. Which is strange since it was working all fine before and I can access...
  4. How do I fix "Open With" Files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix "Open With" Files?: Hello! So I'm trying to download some games from Game Jolt and then when I try to open the files its just a "open with file". I use Opera GX but I don't think that makes any difference. My question is, how to I make it a file folder or compressed folder so I can open the game...
  5. Create shortcut to open website in Edge when IE is default webbrower

in Browsers and Email
    Create shortcut to open website in Edge when IE is default webbrower: Hello everybody, Because of a lot of legacy websites which only support Internet Explorer, IE is still the default browser on all of our machines. However, I need to add a shortcut on the deskop of a few users to a website which only supports Edge. So far, I've found two...
  6. Create shortcut to open website in Edge when IE is default webbrower

in Windows 10 Support
    Create shortcut to open website in Edge when IE is default webbrower: Hello everybody, Because of a lot of legacy websites which only support Internet Explorer, IE is still the default browser on all of our machines. However, I need to add a shortcut on the deskop of a few users to a website which only supports Edge. So far, I've found two...
  7. I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge

in Browsers and Email
    I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge: I'm using Edge at my job location which is running the enterprise version of Windows 10. My Edge homepage is the company's homepage URL. On this page are other intranet URLs. Whenever I click on any of those URLs, IE 11 opens. How can I prevent IE from opening to make the URL...
  8. I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge

in Windows 10 Support
    I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge: I'm using Edge at my job location which is running the enterprise version of Windows 10. My Edge homepage is the company's homepage URL. On this page are other intranet URLs. Whenever I click on any of those URLs, IE 11 opens. How can I prevent IE from opening to make the URL...
  9. Edge is default but things open in IE

in Browsers and Email
    Edge is default but things open in IE: Hi. I'm using W10 and have Edge as the default browser (I also use Chrome and Firefox). Some programs are automatically opening in Internet Explorer such as when I open Google+ photos or when software updates and shows what has changed on its website. Any ideas how to change...
  10. IE "Open Microsoft Edge" Tab, want to remove it, how?

in Browsers and Email
    IE "Open Microsoft Edge" Tab, want to remove it, how?: After updating to the CU 1703, IE now has an "Open Microsoft Edge" TAB which I'd like to remove. Its becoming annoying as I'm accidentally clicking it when wanting to just open a new TAB. Had a good look in the Advanced settings and under TAB settings but didn't see any way...