Windows 10: A weird thing happened...need advice

Discus and support A weird thing happened...need advice in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi All, So today I decided to install the app on my wife's iphone to access my insurance site and proceeded to register. I entered my email address... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Scramjet, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Scramjet Win User

A weird thing happened...need advice

Hi All,

So today I decided to install the app on my wife's iphone to access my insurance site and proceeded to register. I entered my email address and then a required username and was told an email would be sent with a temporary password. When I opened my email program on my main computer there was a email from the insurance site with a temporary username and password. To my surprise the " username " they selected was actually my Microsoft login password I use for this computer. They were only supposed to send me a password. I already entered a username for the site.
    My question for the top computer people here is; How did they manage to retrieve my login password? This is just my insurance policy website and I only entered my email address in the field they requested. I didn't enter my password. Also this app was installed on my wife's iphone which is set up with my wife's username and password and email address. I just wanted to have the app there for when we travel. I can access my email on the iphone when travelling but rarely do. The default email is my wife's. In Windows 10 is it that easy to access your information? I am wondering about this. It can't be just a fluke they picked that and used it for the username on their site.. I have never been breached before through my antivirus firewall. its very strange.
    Any thoughts on this weird thing?

cheers

:)

Scramjet, Mar 29, 2016
  2. WindowsOS Win User

Windows 10: weird thing just happened.

It has probably downloaded an update and needs to shut down and restart to install the update.

WindowsOS, Mar 29, 2016
  3. Windows 10: weird thing just happened.

When i was using the computer, it's fine when i browse on the web,

after a few minutes, the computer is telling me that it will shutdown in 5 minutes,

it's weird............, is there a way to never make this happen again?

JirehLa-ab, Mar 29, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

What am I missing here? You installed the app on an Apple iPhone. What has that to do with Windows 10?

essenbe, Mar 29, 2016
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    I agree with Steve, but question... are you using any password manager apps on Win 10?

f14tomcat, Mar 29, 2016
  6. Scramjet Win User
    This is what's bugging me. why or how did this site pick up my login password from my computer when i done this on the iphone? All I done on my computer was look at my email to get the password they sent to my email address. It's not like I installed the app on the computer. It can't be a fluke they just randomly gave me my login password as the username for their site. I didn't even sign up on their website from my computer, only from the app on the iphone. I don't even have it bookmarked.
    That's what I can't get my head around.
    I am not using any password manager apps on the computer. The itunes backup program is on my wife's laptop so I don't plug the iphone to this computer at all.

Thank you both for replying to my post. And I am sorry if it is confusing but I am very confused as to how this happened.

cheers

Scramjet, Mar 29, 2016
  7. simrick Win User
    It's unlikely - it's an insurance app on an iPhone.
    You might want to create stronger passwords though.

simrick, Mar 29, 2016
  8. Scramjet Win User

Thanks for the reply.
    Yes I have changed the password and will do so more often.

cheers

Scramjet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. A weird thing happened...need advice - Similar Threads - weird thing happened

2. Weird things happening in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird things happening in Windows 11: I have a Fujitsu Lifebook Laptop E754 with Windows 11 21H1 from 2021 installed.I used it for half a year, but now are some weird things happening.Firstly it became to add wierd texts to my clipboard like an empty text or '1PAzUW1XfuqMBbvQncgRD7TJgrpCCXdYkL'.Then it often...
  3. Weird things happening to my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird things happening to my PC: Hello, I would like to talk about the weird things that have been happening to my PC.Yesterday, my PC turned off because of low battery, and then while it's turned off, the CD tray just randomly opens, but this only happened one time yesterday, it just happened right now...
  4. Weird things happening to my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weird things happening to my PC: I downloaded 21H1 update manually using media creation tool yesterday 9/2/2021 11PMand today my pc kept doing weird stuff. I dont know anything about this.my HDD keeps doing click sound while using it Seagate Barracuda 500GB bought at 2018every app keeps restarting itself...
  5. Weird thing happening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird thing happening: A while back I changed my mouse to an animated one, and since then I have been having this weird problem where over time my audio starts to have static in it and my cursor animation starts slowing down ,it is fixed with a restart but always comes back near end of the day, is...
  6. Weird Things happening on my PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Things happening on my PC: I went on a site which automatically downloaded a file on my pc. When I Windows Defender tries to delete the files, it doesn't work. Avast AntiVirus says I'm fine but I really don't believe that. I've tried restarting my pc and still it doesn't do anything. Can anybody help...
  7. Weird thing happen

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird thing happen: I had windows screen, like when you freshly installed windows. Where is screen when you have to click continue and than write email to create microsoft account. I though perhaps i got updated to 2004. But no. Any idea why this showed up??? 161052
  8. Weird thing happened this morning

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Weird thing happened this morning: A few months ago I upgraded my neighbor to Windows 10. I set up a local account with no password. Everything went well up until this morning, when she turned on her computer, it told her that her password had expired and she needed to make a new one. Looking at the screen, it...
  9. Weird thing happened this morning

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird thing happened this morning: A few months ago I upgraded my neighbor to Windows 10. I set up a local account with no password. Everything went well up until this morning, when she turned on her computer, it told her that her password had expired and she needed to make a new one. Looking at the screen, it...
  10. Weird things happening

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird things happening: Hello So yesterday i opened task manager to check something and the processes tab was empty + users. Today when i turned me pc on start menu wont open task manager still have same problem and i have not installed any updates or installed some programs + antivirus dont show...