Windows 10: A White window keeps popping up every few minutes

Discus and support A White window keeps popping up every few minutes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As the title says, I keep getting a white window that pops up around every 5-10 minutes or so. The window is completely blank and is resizable. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kdinh360, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Kdinh360 Win User

A White window keeps popping up every few minutes

As the title says, I keep getting a white window that pops up around every 5-10 minutes or so. The window is completely blank and is resizable. It stays on my screen for around 10 seconds and then disappears. I attached a picture of a screenshot for you guys to see. I need help getting rid of this, it's really annoying me.

:)

Kdinh360, Nov 23, 2016

2. Annoying "Dell back up and recovery reminder " popup

"Dell back up and recovery reminder" keeps popping up every few minutes after I installed Windows10. How to stop it?

Which programs/services produce this useless thing?

marinasapir, Nov 23, 2016
  3. t owl Win User
    ActiveSync won't go away!

I do not have a mobile device but ActiveSync keeps popping up the Get Connected window. How do I make it stop? It is really annoying because it will come up every few minutes even after I close it.

t owl, Nov 23, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, ideas:
    1. Identify it.
    Install Winspy++ (free) and leave it running. When the popup appears, drag the Finder tool over the white window and note the parameters.

2. Find source by process of elimination.
    Does it appear if you do a clean boot?
    If not, enable programs until it starts to appear.

3. If it still appears if you do a clean boot, could be triggered by the task scheduler.
    Nirsoft's TaskschedulerView (free) may help there.

(Just search for the above programs- easy to find)

dalchina, Nov 23, 2016
  5. Kdinh360 Win User
    I tried using the winspy++ thing, it can't seem to detect it.

Update: Never mind, I got the winspy to work, I'm trying to identify now.

Kdinh360, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. A White window keeps popping up every few minutes - Similar Threads - White window keeps

2. Error Keeps on Popping up every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Keeps on Popping up every 5 minutes: What should I do to get rid of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-keeps-on-popping-up-every-5-minutes/e5b2d205-b310-4aef-a96b-8cdb12fc665a
  3. Error Keeps on Popping up every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Keeps on Popping up every 5 minutes: What should I do to get rid of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-keeps-on-popping-up-every-5-minutes/e5b2d205-b310-4aef-a96b-8cdb12fc665a
  4. Error Keeps on Popping up every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The Microsoft Windows Based Script keeps popping every few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Microsoft Windows Based Script keeps popping every few minutes: So the Microsoft Windows Based Script keeps popping up and i found out that it came from a ypsx_cloud_v2 file that even if i deleted it keeps comming back.How do i fix this?...
  6. The Microsoft Windows Based Script keeps popping every few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Microsoft Windows Based Script keeps popping every few minutes: So the Microsoft Windows Based Script keeps popping up and i found out that it came from a ypsx_cloud_v2 file that even if i deleted it keeps comming back.How do i fix this?...
  7. The Microsoft Windows Based Script keeps popping every few minutes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. PowerShell tab pops up and closes immediately every few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell tab pops up and closes immediately every few minutes: Recently my PowerShell tabs keeps popping up and close immediately every few minutes for some reason its been driving me crazy. Is there anyway of fixing it ?the tab syswow64 windowspowershell v1.0 powershell.exethank you in advance...
  9. PowerShell tab pops up and closes immediately every few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PowerShell tab pops up and closes immediately every few minutes: Recently my PowerShell tabs keeps popping up and close immediately every few minutes for some reason its been driving me crazy. Is there anyway of fixing it ?the tab syswow64 windowspowershell v1.0 powershell.exethank you in advance...
  10. Notification popping up then disappearing every few minutes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notification popping up then disappearing every few minutes.: At random time intervals, usually between a few minutes to an hour, I get a notification saying: "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub... Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access...