Windows 10: A whole batch of issues, seemingly from an interrupted Windows update.

Discus and support A whole batch of issues, seemingly from an interrupted Windows update. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I got a new computer approximately 2 weeks ago, with windows 10 as It's operating system. Earlier today I decided to update and restart my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drugoh, Oct 13, 2016.

1. drugoh Win User

A whole batch of issues, seemingly from an interrupted Windows update.

I got a new computer approximately 2 weeks ago, with windows 10 as It's operating system.

Earlier today I decided to update and restart my computer. It all wen't smooth and normal, until I logged on to my user account. I saw the familiar screen greeting me like it would when I logged on to my account the first time on a new computer. The whole "Hi", "Don't turn off your computer, it's getting ready", etc. Whatever the reason for this I don't know.

Anyway, I accidentaly stumped on the power switch as I was getting a PS4 controller from behind the computer and it shut down. I started the machine again and logged on to my account, only to see a blinking black/gray screen with the occassional glimse of my taskbar before it instantly dissappears again. The only thing I saw was the black screen and my cursor. I had no ability to do anything, except "ctrl, alt, tab". I brought up task manager and saw that I had no access to almost anything.

I browsed the internet for a solution and figured I would just reboot it. I downloaded the win 10 installation software onto and usb hdd. I then booted it through task manager in my desktop, it started installing normally as expected and restarted a couple of times. Then another annoying thing happened. After a restart, my screen did not respond to the computer at all. It is connected with DP to my GTX 1060 and I tried additional connections in terms of HDMI/DVI, but to no avail. My computer just didn't recognize screens.

And now I sit here in the dark, afraid to turn of my PC and cause another chain of annoying events that will pull me further from salvation, because I cannot ****ing see if it's still installing. I realized that the computer stopped restarting a while ago, because my keyboard will turn on and off when it does.

This whole heap of problems is moderately triggering and I would like any advice you might have to effectively deal with the issue. I am trying my best to avoid having to send my computer in to tech support for 2+ weeks because of something I cannot fathom being a hardware issue.

:)

drugoh, Oct 13, 2016

2. A whole list of issues...

First Issue:

This pop-up window will systematically appear on my screen...

A whole batch of issues, seemingly from an interrupted Windows update. [​IMG]

With "Microsoft Windows Based Script Host" highlighted, I click OK and this error message appears...

A whole batch of issues, seemingly from an interrupted Windows update. [​IMG]

Not sure what it means or if it has anything to do with the horde of other issues happening on my desktop ever since I "upgraded" to Windows 10. All I know is would really appreciate if someone could help me fix this.

Rather than posting the list of other problems I'm going to focus on this one issue for now. My hope is that fixing this issue might resolve the others. If not, I'll post the whole list.

Thanks!!!!

Blood Secrets, Oct 13, 2016
  3. A whole list of issues...

Hi,

Thank you for quick response.

Let me explain what Clean Boot does on the system.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. You may also troubleshoot
    or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot, however that will not erase anything or delete any programs.

Important: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting.”

Please perform Clean Boot and let us know the status.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Oct 13, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, your second paragraph sounds like it was doing the build 1607 upgrade, and you interrupted that.

Given that you bought it recently with Win 10 on it, I assume it has a recovery partition. If so, I suggest the easiest way forward would bte to use that.

Before doing so, if you have any data you haven't backed up, you should be able to do that using (e.g.) the boot disk freely available from the top post in the Software and apps section of this forum/

dalchina, Oct 13, 2016
Thema:

1. A whole batch of issues, seemingly from an interrupted Windows update. - Similar Threads - whole batch issues

2. Interrupted windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Interrupted windows update.: Hullo.My laptop was updating its windows and it was interrupted was switched off. How can I fix it without using recovery tools? Please help me.I have tried pressing the keys, as instructed but I am stuck in a loop. Please help me.Thank you....
  3. Interrupted Windows Update

Interrupted Windows Update: I accidently turned off my lenovo pc during a windows update. Now when i turn it on it shows the lenovo title with the loading circle but it then shows a black screen then repeats. I tried force closing it twice but that didn't seem to work. I have windows 11 but I don't know...
  4. windows update interrupted

windows update interrupted: I have a problem with updating Windows 11 KB5014697. It can't move downloading process from 0%. I entered in cdm: SFC /scannow and it did repairs but no change in process of downloading windows update. It stays at 0%....
  5. Interrupted window update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Interrupted window update: I interrupted my update by closing the laptop when updating and since then it is not showing anything when I switched it on just black screen. Please how can I solve this problem....
  6. Interrupted window update

Interrupted window update: I interrupted my update by closing the laptop when updating and since then it is not showing anything when I switched it on just black screen. Please how can I solve this problem....
  7. INTERRUPTED WINDOWS UPDATE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    INTERRUPTED WINDOWS UPDATE: My laptop battery died during the windows update; this is the first time it happened, so I am worried my os might get corrupted. When I turn it on again, it says "Undoing changes made to your computer". Is my OS already damage? What should I do with this kind of case?. Thank...
  8. So I have an issue that seems to be from a Windows update...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I have an issue that seems to be from a Windows update...: Soo... I just installed the latest Windows 10 Home update, and now two files are broken. They can't be detected by the system, and are actually present. Even worse, I can't play Minecraft Java now It apparently only affected this one particular app, no matter how many times I...
  9. DOS Command issued from Batch file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DOS Command issued from Batch file: I have been running a batch file to list my personal file, and output the listing to a text file in a folder dv7. I then use the text file to compare to files on another computer or external drive, as backup. For some reason it no longer works. The command in the BAT file...
  10. It seems there is an issue with the latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    It seems there is an issue with the latest update: Windows 10 latest update is causing mouse lag and freezing for a few seconds. Microsoft needs to fix it asap with an update. The mouse feels laggy and heavy, and there is delay between the movement and the cursor. As you can see here:...