Windows 10: A Windows 10 popup

Discus and support A Windows 10 popup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My new computer Windows 10 desktop....... Driving my nuts... Windows 10 popup lower right corner covering up the windows icon I have to click on to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LHarryB, Feb 19, 2016.

1. LHarryB Win User

A Windows 10 popup

My new computer Windows 10 desktop.......
    Driving my nuts... Windows 10 popup lower right corner covering up the windows icon I have to click on to sign in to open my screen.......... keeps chiming in with "your cox account is not updated" ... I have Cox cable, San Diego... Its not them, its Windows 10.......
    Yes I did input my @cox email info Win 10, so it works,,, but still get this annoying CHIMING popup !!!
    I use Firefox browser so I have my bookmarks/favorites back... I had to disable having to sign in again after timeouts so I could still use my computer.........
    BTW, I put all my favorites on one of my websites so I can just go there and use that as a home page if I need /want to *Smile

Thanks, Lewis

:)

LHarryB, Feb 19, 2016
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 19, 2016
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 19, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

A Windows 10 popup

Download and run ProcessExplorer. It does not need to be installed.

Once the error message is on the screen, start ProcessExplorer and drag the target icon and drop it on the error message window. It will show the process that generated that window highlighted in blue in the PE window.

Then use msconfig Startup (or Task Manager Startup tab) and Services tabs to find and disable that process.

Ztruker, Feb 19, 2016
  5. LHarryB Win User
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Thanks for the feedback *Smile
    thing is, by the time I do all that, the popup is gone again !!!! If I really understood your fix *Smile. which I dont !!!
    I lived over 40 years before computers came along ....
    Thanks, Lewis

LHarryB, Feb 19, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Can you post a screen capture of the error window?

Ztruker, Feb 20, 2016
  7. LHarryB Win User
    sadly, I have no idea how to do that *Sad
    The popup appears lower right corner, one inch high and four inches long... covering up the icon I have to click on to sign in to open my window... usually lasted for several minutes... now that I have disabled the need to sign back in to my window after the screen times out (by selecting "Never" in the timeout app *Smile the popup turns up occasionally, loudly chimes and then goes away in several seconds.... I have to keep my sound turned OFF to avoid getting really annoyed... often it will popup 3 or four times in a 5 minute period... then I wont see it again for a couple hours....
    I HAVE put my uptodate info into the mail page you click on on the Win 10 interface but at the top of that screen it STILL tells me I have to update it!

Maybe it wants me to include ALL my social media stuff?? but I dont DO social media !!
    wierd !!!
    Thanks, Lewis

LHarryB, Feb 20, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

A Windows 10 popup

Use a Digital Camera then upload the pic to your computer then to here???

Ztruker, Feb 21, 2016
  9. sml156 Win User
    You could disable notifications, Type or paste notifications into Cortana and click on Turn app notification On or Off ,

A Windows 10 popup [​IMG]

Set all to off

sml156, Feb 21, 2016
  10. LHarryB Win User
    Ok got a screen picture of the windows popup see Business
    caption reads "your cox account is out of date" on far left end of popup is the windows 10 mail button that goes to the windows 10 mail...
    at the top of the mailscreen it says to update my cox mail.account.. email address and password,,,which I have already done !!! several times !!!
    Lewis

LHarryB, Feb 21, 2016
  11. LHarryB Win User

LHarryB, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

A Windows 10 popup

1. A Windows 10 popup - Similar Threads - popup

2. Microsoft shows another Bing popup advertisement to Windows users

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft shows another Bing popup advertisement to Windows users: Microsoft has done it again. This time, the company displayed a popup advertising its Bing search service to Chrome users on Windows devices. The popup appeared for users who launched Chrome on the Windows device. It read "Chat with GPT-4 for free on Chrome! Get hundreds of...
  3. Keyboard and mouse disconnecting after UEFI popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse disconnecting after UEFI popup: Timeline:> I start my pc> Keyboard and mouse connects> UEFI popup> Windows loading> Keyboard and mouse disconnects without me knowing> Stuck at login screen for about 4 seconds> Keyboard and mouse connects back upI have attempted to disconnect and reconnect my mouse and...
  4. Keyboard and mouse disconnecting after UEFI popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse disconnecting after UEFI popup: Timeline:> I start my pc> Keyboard and mouse connects> UEFI popup> Windows loading> Keyboard and mouse disconnects without me knowing> Stuck at login screen for about 4 seconds> Keyboard and mouse connects back upI have attempted to disconnect and reconnect my mouse and...
  5. How to hide the language selection popup after 23h2 image task sequence completion?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to hide the language selection popup after 23h2 image task sequence completion?: We are using MECM version 2309. 23h2 English United states ISO and using French language pack on top of it. Post imaging using MECM task sequence, we are getting a popup to select ENG or FRE screenshot attached. This behavior happens only with FRE image and for English it...
  6. How to hide the language selection popup after 23h2 image task sequence completion?

How to hide the language selection popup after 23h2 image task sequence completion?: We are using MECM version 2309. 23h2 English United states ISO and using French language pack on top of it. Post imaging using MECM task sequence, we are getting a popup to select ENG or FRE screenshot attached. This behavior happens only with FRE image and for English it...
  7. Stop popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop popup: How to stop popup from McAfee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-popup/dc438166-4c7d-4a78-aa9d-fe07d9374ac5
  8. Stop popup

Stop popup: How to stop popup from McAfee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-popup/dc438166-4c7d-4a78-aa9d-fe07d9374ac5
  9. Microsoft .NET Framework installation utility version 4.8.4084.0 black box popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft .NET Framework installation utility version 4.8.4084.0 black box popup: I need help, I've been seeing these black box pop ups on my computer. It appears and disappears fast within a second. It happens every few minutes and it's been bothering me. Why is it doing this, and can it be fixed? I've tried the cleaning tool already but still nothing. I...
  10. Microsoft .NET Framework installation utility version 4.8.4084.0 black box popup

Microsoft .NET Framework installation utility version 4.8.4084.0 black box popup: I need help, I've been seeing these black box pop ups on my computer. It appears and disappears fast within a second. It happens every few minutes and it's been bothering me. Why is it doing this, and can it be fixed? I've tried the cleaning tool already but still nothing. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 annoying info popups

2. window 10 popup

3. could not open window. if you have a popup blocker installed please make sure its disabled

4. how do i get rid of those annoying popup windows in windows 10 creators update