Windows 10: Able to use old password for windows after changing it online

Discus and support Able to use old password for windows after changing it online in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have found this a couple of times with multiple devices, but when a password for Windows Live log on is changed online, the computer that used... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SamHughes_88, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Able to use old password for windows after changing it online

Hi,

I have found this a couple of times with multiple devices, but when a password for Windows Live log on is changed online, the computer that used it as a username still accepts the old password continuously no matter how many times you change the password. Seems very un-secure for me.

Is there a way to ask Windows to pull the latest password from your live account and to stop accepting the old ones?

Thank you

:)

SamHughes_88, Jul 13, 2018
  2. Bob Marks Win User

Reuse/Reset an old Password

Thanks for your quick response. But my problem is that M.S. says old password con not be used. I want to switch back to my old password. I think I need to contact M.S. to clear the registry for my passwords. Then, I will be able to switch back.

Bob Marks, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Change password on windows 10

Hi Dave,

To change the password of the Local Account on Windows 10, follow the steps below:

• Press CTRL+Alt+Delete on your keyboard.
    • Choose Change a password.
    • Make sure to enter the correct old password before you can create your new password.

Let us know how it goes.

Justin Emb, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Ernie San Win User

Able to use old password for windows after changing it online

changing bitlocker password, Windows 10

Hello Keith,

We suggest to change it from Control Panel. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Unlock drive.
    • Type your present password and click Unlock.
    • The drive will be unlocked and you will notice more links on the right of that particular unlocked drive, click
      Change password.
    • Now, you may type your Old password, New password and Confirm new password.
    • Click Change password.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Able to use old password for windows after changing it online

1. Able to use old password for windows after changing it online - Similar Threads - Able old password

2. Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password: Opened up an old laptop I haven't used in a couple of years. I've forgotten the password. I'm trying to use the "forgot password" option, but the laptop needs to be online. I've opened up the networks icon at the bottom right, but neither my home wifi nor my phone hotspot...
  3. Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password: Opened up an old laptop I haven't used in a couple of years. I've forgotten the password. I'm trying to use the "forgot password" option, but the laptop needs to be online. I've opened up the networks icon at the bottom right, but neither my home wifi nor my phone hotspot...
  4. Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File Sharing Using old Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Sharing Using old Password: I am sharing my whole drive via windows 11,via the advanced sharing option i only gave my Microsoft account access to the drive now when trying to connect via a different pc using my current Microsoft account password it doesn't work,using my old password instead works to...
  6. Change password back to an old password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change password back to an old password: Hi thereI know how to change password.. but i have been asked too many times now to change my password, that i can't remember the new ones anymore, and want to go back to an old reliable passwordAny idea how to do that?Everytime i try it just says "You have used an old...
  7. Not able to change password

Not able to change password: I want to change the windows hello pin in my laptop Microsoft Go but it says option not available, and when i try to fix it it asks me personal info to "keep it secured" How do I change my passcode?...
  8. Not able to use password after not working pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not able to use password after not working pin: When i try to log it it tells me my pin isnt availiable and i was thinking of using my password instead and there is no spot to switch to password please help...
  9. Not able to change existing password

Not able to change existing password: Hello All, I forgot my old windows 10 password, so could someone explain how to change old windows 10 password Please note my system is not locked by password but in setting windows don't have forgot password option. Regards, chandan.s...
  10. Using an old password

Using an old password: Hi there, Is there anyway I can reuse a previous password i’ve already used? It’s so frustrating that if i change, it says i can’t use an old password. Thanks....