Windows 10: About a year old PC - Random BSOD and crashes

Discus and support About a year old PC - Random BSOD and crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey Guys Thanks in advance for all the good work that you all do. Been a fan / reader of the websites since Windows 7.*chuckle Built a PC about a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Diceclay, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Diceclay Win User

About a year old PC - Random BSOD and crashes

Hey Guys

Thanks in advance for all the good work that you all do. Been a fan / reader of the websites since Windows 7.*chuckle

Built a PC about a 1.5 years ago for the otherhalf with a Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H Rev1.0 board and intel processor. She has been telling me that it BSOD's on occasions and crashes. I've recently updated the firmware on the motherboard to version F4 but still seems to happen. I know the realtek audio drivers are an older driver but wasnt sure if this was causing the issues. I've tried to do some research through using Nirsoft Bluescreenview but its not always the best to give you a specific answer. Next point of call was you guys.

I'd sincerely appreciate any assistance you can give me and let me know if you need any further information than the attached.

Thanks again

:)

Diceclay, Apr 15, 2016

2. BAD_POOL_HEADER several times per day

i have uploaded minidumps and msinfo32 files - Public

any help you can give as to why my pc crashes several times per day. usually when watching video/listening to music. this has been going on for over a year, (with win 8.1 AND win 10) the pc went unused from january to march and when i plugged it in, i had
    no BSOD's for about a month, but it started doing it again 2 weeks ago. they seem random, but i was hoping maybe someone with greater knowledge could take a look.

J.Black-919, Apr 15, 2016
  3. Windows 10 freezing, shutdown, BSOD errors and constant 100% disk usage.

Specs added to post.

BSOD errors happen every couple of days, but random shutdowns after a few minutes of online time are more common. Also there is the constant high disk usage, >90%.

Tried the driver verifier method some time ago but it does not makes my pc crash for the BSOD errors to appear nor do i know what exactly makes my pc crash.

SanndyTheManndy, Apr 15, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

About a year old PC - Random BSOD and crashes [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.
    Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

5. Diceclay Win User
    Hi axe0

Thanks so much for your response. Memtest86 instantly came up with errors, so should I go through the process of elimination to work out what stick is faulty, or excuse my ignorance, but in your opinion based on the instant Memtest86 errors, does it specifically say there is a bad ram stick and would replacing the ram itself given its cheap price be the easiest option to keep the two ram sticks the same? ie as we have 2 x 8Gb sticks - 16gb in total)

Thanks again.

Diceclay, Apr 16, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    This is also in the instructions and in the tutorial.

7. Diceclay Win User
    Not a problem will go through the tutorial, thank you again for all your help.

Diceclay, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. About a year old PC - Random BSOD and crashes - Similar Threads - old Random BSOD

2. PC has been crashing pretty consistently for about a year now. BSODs when gaming,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has been crashing pretty consistently for about a year now. BSODs when gaming,...: I am basically at my breaking point now. I have been having issues for over a year and its so frustrating because of how often it happens. I will list the scenarios in which it happens- Playing games such as Overwatch, Valorant, and League of Legends- Running Chrome or even...
  3. PC has been crashing pretty consistently for about a year now. BSODs when gaming,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC has been crashing pretty consistently for about a year now. BSODs when gaming,...: I am basically at my breaking point now. I have been having issues for over a year and its so frustrating because of how often it happens. I will list the scenarios in which it happens- Playing games such as Overwatch, Valorant, and League of Legends- Running Chrome or even...
  4. PC has been crashing pretty consistently for about a year now. BSODs when gaming,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has been crashing pretty consistently for about a year now. BSODs when gaming,...: I am basically at my breaking point now. I have been having issues for over a year and its so frustrating because of how often it happens. I will list the scenarios in which it happens- Playing games such as Overwatch, Valorant, League of Legends- Running Chrome or even Word...
  5. PC has been crashing pretty consistently for about a year now. BSODs when gaming,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC has been crashing pretty consistently for about a year now. BSODs when gaming,...: I am basically at my breaking point now. I have been having issues for over a year and its so frustrating because of how often it happens. I will list the scenarios in which it happens- Playing games such as Overwatch, Valorant, League of Legends- Running Chrome or even Word...
  6. PC crashes and BSODs randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashes and BSODs randomly: Hello There!My PC randomly crashes and BSODs with a distinct buzzing sound. The error codes are completely random. This used to be an issue previously Around 4-5 months ago but I fixed it by updating the drivers. Now, it has returned and I cannot figure out how to get rid of...
  7. Random BSOD Errors - For a Year

Random BSOD Errors - For a Year: So for the past year since around September I have been experiencing a wide range of BSOD erros, I thought it was me simply causing issues with software so I wiped my computer and then it worked for a while. Today I found out my network card that I installed could cause...
  8. PC crashing randomly (No BSOD)

in Windows 10 Support
    PC crashing randomly (No BSOD): Hi, So my PC have been crashing many times a day lately. When this crash happens my screens just go black and sound disappears, but pc still runs. (Fans keeps spinning) and I have to turn pc off from PSU. And again crashes are random. It happens while I'm gaming, browising...
  9. BSOD random after 2 years

BSOD random after 2 years: Hey guys, after almost two years BSOD. I haven't installed any hardware or software lately. BSOD of death used to be a nightmare for me until I found this forum a few years ago, and it seems that now, they're a joke because you guys always found the solutioin *Biggrin...
  10. Random BSOD every 1-2 days on Windows 10 custom PC (3 years old)

Random BSOD every 1-2 days on Windows 10 custom PC (3 years old): Hey All, I've been getting a computer hang roughly every day for the past 3 days now and I'm not sure what's causing it. Seems to happen randomly while browsing the internet (Chrome) having various programs open (Visual Studio, Unity, etc.) and hasn't happened yet while...