Windows 10: about being administrator

Discus and support about being administrator in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; i accidentally changed my account from administrator to standard and i cant use anything well. its always restricted. it says"To continue,type... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by gyanen, Jun 14, 2018.

1. gyanen Win User

about being administrator

i accidentally changed my account from administrator to standard and i cant use anything well. its always restricted.
    it says"To continue,type administrator password, and then click Yes."
    but the problem is that i dont remember keeping any password and i have tried al of my old passwords of my microsoft account yet that "yes" button is unreachable. please do help me

:)

gyanen, Jun 14, 2018
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Jun 14, 2018
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jun 14, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Administrator

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to all Settings
    • Select Accounts.
    • Select Family and other user.
    • Select the user account at the right side of the window.
    • After selecting the user account change the Account type to Administrator and check if it helps.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

1. about being administrator - Similar Threads - being administrator

2. Taskbar icon turns to white sheets of paper upon being pinned to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icon turns to white sheets of paper upon being pinned to the taskbar: I have an app running in Windows 10 as an administrator. The icon is the app's (sysinternals' Process Explorer) usual icon. When I pin it to the taskbar, it turns to white sheets of paper. When I unpin it, it turns back to normal. Please advise how to pin it and keep the...
  3. Xbox One Controller not connecting via Bluetooth after being plugged in with USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One Controller not connecting via Bluetooth after being plugged in with USB: I have a Xbox One Wireless Controller without the PC adapter so I use Bluetooth to connect directly to my PC. After charging the controller through one of my PC's USB ports while the PC is on, once the USB to the controller is disconnected it can no longer connect via...
  4. I'm being hacked. r

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm being hacked. r: My documents and photos cannot be downloaded. I've been hacked for a year now, please sort this out. Don't tell me to change my password, the pig is already in. How can I put the One Drive right? Why do pc's have a spot for 'USERS' that nobody ever checks (7 engineers)....
  5. I'm being hacked. r

I'm being hacked. r: My documents and photos cannot be downloaded. I've been hacked for a year now, please sort this out. Don't tell me to change my password, the pig is already in. How can I put the One Drive right? Why do pc's have a spot for 'USERS' that nobody ever checks (7 engineers)....
  6. Logged in as administrator but still being denied all kind of administrator privlieges

Logged in as administrator but still being denied all kind of administrator privlieges: Why is Windows treating me as an untouchable despite me being logged in as an administrator. When I try to make a change to something I am being asked to contact the Admin by the program. ****? No matter what kind of permissions I'm giving myself as Admin this BS message...
  7. trying to delete an administrator account due to it not being the correct administrator.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    trying to delete an administrator account due to it not being the correct administrator.: I had someone clear my machine and start from scratch they put themselves as the administrator and i am trying to change things but dont know my friends password to delete him him so what do i do...
  8. What is the means of being administrator when I am not even allowed to stop Windows Update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the means of being administrator when I am not even allowed to stop Windows Update...: So, I am using Windows 10, version 1709 (OS Build 16299.371). I am an administrator. [ATTACH] But what does that mean ..... I am not even allowed to stop Windows Update service. Seriously I am done with that sh.... . Stupid services. It has wasted around 100 GB...
  9. Unable to set new owner despite being administrator account and going through other forum...

Unable to set new owner despite being administrator account and going through other forum...: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Home system recently purchased from Dell. I am having problems installing some programs eg. Pagebreeze HTML editor due to inability of the program installation to access my C: . Upon trying to grant myself "Full Control" in the security/advanced tabs,...
  10. Pinned Start Menu Items Being Removed for Non-Administrative Users

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned Start Menu Items Being Removed for Non-Administrative Users: Hello, I am hoping that someone might have a solution to this issue. I am currently running the following hardware/software: Dell T5810 Workstation Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 64bit With a specific Group Policy for Non-Administrators in place I have searched the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell support assist says usb composite misconfigured