Windows 10: about being administrator

Discus and support about being administrator in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; i accidentally changed my account from administrator to standard and i cant use anything well. its always restricted. it says"To continue,type... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by gyanen, Jun 14, 2018.

1. gyanen Win User

about being administrator

i accidentally changed my account from administrator to standard and i cant use anything well. its always restricted.
    it says"To continue,type administrator password, and then click Yes."
    but the problem is that i dont remember keeping any password and i have tried al of my old passwords of my microsoft account yet that "yes" button is unreachable. please do help me

:)

gyanen, Jun 14, 2018
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Jun 14, 2018
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jun 14, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Administrator

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to all Settings
    • Select Accounts.
    • Select Family and other user.
    • Select the user account at the right side of the window.
    • After selecting the user account change the Account type to Administrator and check if it helps.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

1. about being administrator - Similar Threads - being administrator

2. Can't use administrator privileges windows 11 despite me being the administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use administrator privileges windows 11 despite me being the administrator: I am the only user on my PC, there is no standard user, In short I am the administrator.for some reason my Windows Update service is disabled,I try to enable it by selecting startup type as Automatic, Manual however to my amusement I am getting access denied message.PS...
  3. Can't use administrator privileges windows 11 despite me being the administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't use administrator privileges windows 11 despite me being the administrator: I am the only user on my PC, there is no standard user, In short I am the administrator.for some reason my Windows Update service is disabled,I try to enable it by selecting startup type as Automatic, Manual however to my amusement I am getting access denied message.PS...
  4. I dont have access to certain task despite being the only account and having administrator...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I dont have access to certain task despite being the only account and having administrator...: I'm in the "Administrators group" and the only account on my PC as listed in netpliwz but it said that i do not have permission to perform this task and to contact my computer admin for help.The story was that I received a notification that my time zone have been changed...
  5. I dont have access to certain task despite being the only account and having administrator...

I dont have access to certain task despite being the only account and having administrator...: I'm in the "Administrators group" and the only account on my PC as listed in netpliwz but it said that i do not have permission to perform this task and to contact my computer admin for help.The story was that I received a notification that my time zone have been changed...
  6. How to fix defaultuser0 being administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix defaultuser0 being administrator: defaultuser0 account became the administrator, and won't let me access, update, or change any settings. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-defaultuser0-being-administrator/23e42f35-5431-41fa-8d0e-8519b019fdab
  7. How to fix defaultuser0 being administrator

How to fix defaultuser0 being administrator: defaultuser0 account became the administrator, and won't let me access, update, or change any settings. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-defaultuser0-being-administrator/23e42f35-5431-41fa-8d0e-8519b019fdab
  8. How to fix defaultuser0 being administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. I am logged in as standard user and my administrator user is not showing. I'm not being...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am logged in as standard user and my administrator user is not showing. I'm not being...: Help me remedy this problem as soon as possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-logged-in-as-standard-user-and-my/976d671d-a383-4d51-ac03-41595ddf40bb
  10. I am logged in as standard user and my administrator user is not showing. I'm not being...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am logged in as standard user and my administrator user is not showing. I'm not being...: Help me remedy this problem as soon as possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-logged-in-as-standard-user-and-my/976d671d-a383-4d51-ac03-41595ddf40bb

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell support assist says usb composite misconfigured