Windows 10: About /dism /restorehealth BSOD and reset PC

Discus and support About /dism /restorehealth BSOD and reset PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There is a link between all of them, and after doing tests I think I found a way to make things right. What I did on 2 computers (1 with BIOS and 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by orbitalfenestra, Aug 1, 2015.

1. About /dism /restorehealth BSOD and reset PC

There is a link between all of them, and after doing tests I think I found a way to make things right. What I did on 2 computers (1 with BIOS and 1 with UEFI). Both have only one SSD. I kept the things as simple as possible. Both are x64 versions of windows the pro version

1) Secure internal erase disk with Parted Magic
    2) Install Windows 8.1 offline, in the welcome part I disabled everything, then on the desktop with a local account I plugged internet to activate windows.
    3) Immediately ran Windows 10 official ISO from MS. The disk ask for updates, then chose keep nothing then ran the installation.
    4) Once on the welcome screen, unplugged internet then chose a local account again with express settings. Once on the desktop then plugged the internet then do all windows updates. The bare minimum and a few reboot just to be sure I was stable. Oh and I did a disk cleanup and removed everything too.
    5) Ran "reset PC" kept nothing and clean drive (the "best" option)
    6) Repeat #4
    7) run sfc -scannow .................. no corruption.

Hurry up and make a disk image! XD

I did this cause I wanted to reproduce the same results on 2 machines. And it worked. For some reason when I upgraded the 1st time I did "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" cause I had corrupted files, and to no help, it screwed up the reset PC option... I always look for a method that can be reproduced and I think this one can be. Well, I hope this can help some people...

:)

orbitalfenestra, Aug 1, 2015

2. SFC scan and DISM restorehealth scan

Well to be honest I cannot comment about as I haven't heard anything similar to this as a fix.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 1, 2015
  3. PaulPChou Win User
    SFC scan and DISM restorehealth scan

1. After the sfc scan, restart

2. Run the restorehealth scan and restart after the scan is finished

3. Run the sfc scan again and it will say: no integrated violations found

Does those steps fix the Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them?

So, if my system is fine, then nothing to worry about? Then why can't Microsoft fix the things you mentioned? Puzzling me.

PaulPChou, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

About /dism /restorehealth BSOD and reset PC

1. About /dism /restorehealth BSOD and reset PC - Similar Threads - dism restorehealth BSOD

2. fix: dism ‘restorehealth’ error 0x800f081f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    fix: dism ‘restorehealth’ error 0x800f081f: i was installing updates in win 10. I got error Error code: (0x80073712). to solve this I sed cmd dism commands. then got the error mentioned in subject line. how to fix: dism ‘restorehealth’ error 0x800f081f?...
  3. Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth fails: I tried Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth after Windows update locked up the boot DISM failed. No operation was performed: dism.log errors 2019-01-11 18:44:25, Info DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=15128 TID=15148 Error in operation: (null) (CBS...
  4. KB4103721 fails repeatedly, DISM will not restorehealth

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4103721 fails repeatedly, DISM will not restorehealth: W10Pro x64 1803 17134.1 Attempts to install KB4103721 comulative update has failed over 10 times both as an automatic install and a manual (msu) install. 'Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error 0x80073712'. A 2nd...
  5. DISM Online Restorehealth Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM Online Restorehealth Error: Hello there... I've been trying to use DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth on my Windows 10 Home, but it keeps telling me that it does not support servicing Windows PE with the /Online option. Of course I'm not running WinPE 10. Can anyone help? 34972
  6. Error DISM restorehealth

Error DISM restorehealth: Hello I use the Windows DVD 10 and option 3 with IMAGE_HEALTH and have an error 50: http://www.eightforums.com/performan...upt-files.html 0x800f081f and operation not fix !! What to do ? thanks for your help Best regards 23654
  7. SFC Scannow or DISM/RestoreHealth using Image

SFC Scannow or DISM/RestoreHealth using Image: Windows 10 user. Having some trouble with my system after coming back from a weekend. Nothing major...just having trouble playing some games that require plugins etc Regardless if it's related, I just wanted to run an SFC/Scannow or DISM/RestoreHealth I downloaded the...
  8. DISM RestoreHealth failing with Error: 0x800f081f

DISM RestoreHealth failing with Error: 0x800f081f: Hi, I'm trying to use DISM to repair a corrupt file and the command keeps failing with Code: Error: 0x800f081fThe source files could not be found.Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information...
  9. sfc and dism....restorehealth in 16299.64

sfc and dism....restorehealth in 16299.64: In the previous build (16299.19) I had the issue of contracticting reports between sfc /scannow (reported "corrupt files unable to repair"), and dism.....restorehealth (reported "operation completed successfully"). ref : sfc and dism ..... old issue returns It is a relief...
  10. DISM /restorehealth error 0x800f081f

DISM /restorehealth error 0x800f081f: [img] 0 I have a user who has a Lenovo notebook recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. He complained that it is very sluggish and Internet Explorer is extremely sluggish since the upgrade to Windows 10. I ran SFC /scannow with this result: Windows Resource Protection...