Windows 10: About /dism /restorehealth BSOD and reset PC

Discus and support About /dism /restorehealth BSOD and reset PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There is a link between all of them, and after doing tests I think I found a way to make things right. What I did on 2 computers (1 with BIOS and 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by orbitalfenestra, Aug 1, 2015.

1. About /dism /restorehealth BSOD and reset PC

There is a link between all of them, and after doing tests I think I found a way to make things right. What I did on 2 computers (1 with BIOS and 1 with UEFI). Both have only one SSD. I kept the things as simple as possible. Both are x64 versions of windows the pro version

1) Secure internal erase disk with Parted Magic
    2) Install Windows 8.1 offline, in the welcome part I disabled everything, then on the desktop with a local account I plugged internet to activate windows.
    3) Immediately ran Windows 10 official ISO from MS. The disk ask for updates, then chose keep nothing then ran the installation.
    4) Once on the welcome screen, unplugged internet then chose a local account again with express settings. Once on the desktop then plugged the internet then do all windows updates. The bare minimum and a few reboot just to be sure I was stable. Oh and I did a disk cleanup and removed everything too.
    5) Ran "reset PC" kept nothing and clean drive (the "best" option)
    6) Repeat #4
    7) run sfc -scannow .................. no corruption.

Hurry up and make a disk image! XD

I did this cause I wanted to reproduce the same results on 2 machines. And it worked. For some reason when I upgraded the 1st time I did "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" cause I had corrupted files, and to no help, it screwed up the reset PC option... I always look for a method that can be reproduced and I think this one can be. Well, I hope this can help some people...

:)

orbitalfenestra, Aug 1, 2015

2. SFC scan and DISM restorehealth scan

Well to be honest I cannot comment about as I haven't heard anything similar to this as a fix.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 1, 2015
  3. PaulPChou Win User
    SFC scan and DISM restorehealth scan

1. After the sfc scan, restart

2. Run the restorehealth scan and restart after the scan is finished

3. Run the sfc scan again and it will say: no integrated violations found

Does those steps fix the Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them?

So, if my system is fine, then nothing to worry about? Then why can't Microsoft fix the things you mentioned? Puzzling me.

PaulPChou, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

About /dism /restorehealth BSOD and reset PC

1. About /dism /restorehealth BSOD and reset PC - Similar Threads - dism restorehealth BSOD

2. DISM RestoreHealth stuck at 62.3%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM RestoreHealth stuck at 62.3%: i am running some check test to my pc , W11 , and when i run the restore health it stuck at 62.3% i found that another person had the same issue , https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-restorehealth-stuck-at-623/c3275aa3-0588-4e17-a0e8-eefb6ce1d512 here's...
  3. DISM RestoreHealth stuck at 62.3%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM RestoreHealth stuck at 62.3%: i am running some check test to my pc , W11 , and when i run the restore health it stuck at 62.3% i found that another person had the same issue , https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-restorehealth-stuck-at-623/c3275aa3-0588-4e17-a0e8-eefb6ce1d512 here's...
  4. DISM RestoreHealth stuck at 62.3%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM RestoreHealth stuck at 62.3%: I am trying to fix Microsoft Store Error 0x80131505. I was recommended to run DISM RestoreHealth and have run into this problem. Any help would be much appreciated....
  5. DISM RestoreHealth stuck at 62.3%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM RestoreHealth stuck at 62.3%: I am trying to fix Microsoft Store Error 0x80131505. I was recommended to run DISM RestoreHealth and have run into this problem. Any help would be much appreciated....
  6. DISM RestoreHealth stuck at 62.3%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM RestoreHealth stuck at 62.3%: Hi,When I try to run DISM RestoreHealth, it always gets stuck at 62.3%. I have already reinstalled the os recently and checked system files with sfc /scannow and found no issues. And there's another problem. My folders always keep reverting to read-only mode. I tried to...
  7. DISM RestoreHealth failure

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM RestoreHealth failure: Ran the DISM routine on my old laptop, but the needed RestoreHealth operation failed. [img] Any way to fix this short of a repair install? 168529
  8. Issue with dism restorehealth not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with dism restorehealth not working: C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.18362.900 Image Version: 10.0.18363.1082 [===========================56.8% ] Error: 14091 The name of an attribute in an...
  9. Error DISM restorehealth

Error DISM restorehealth: Hello I use the Windows DVD 10 and option 3 with IMAGE_HEALTH and have an error 50: http://www.eightforums.com/performan...upt-files.html 0x800f081f and operation not fix !! What to do ? thanks for your help Best regards 23654
  10. sfc and dism....restorehealth in 16299.64

sfc and dism....restorehealth in 16299.64: In the previous build (16299.19) I had the issue of contracticting reports between sfc /scannow (reported "corrupt files unable to repair"), and dism.....restorehealth (reported "operation completed successfully"). ref : sfc and dism ..... old issue returns It is a relief...