Windows 10: About dual monitors. Is this normal?

Discus and support About dual monitors. Is this normal? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Alright so I have a Lcd Monitor hooked up as my primary, as well as a HDTV 40 inch as a secondary. Is it normal for when I turn the secondary one on,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Scyris, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Scyris Win User

About dual monitors. Is this normal?

Alright so I have a Lcd Monitor hooked up as my primary, as well as a HDTV 40 inch as a secondary. Is it normal for when I turn the secondary one on, for my primary to go to a black screen twice, its kinda like a flash. I don't turn both on at the same time as I don't always use the secondary its mostly for playing games on. Its this normal and I am worried about it for nothing?

:)

Scyris, Mar 3, 2018
  2. geekdom Win User

Much scared -- thinking about running dual monitors with Win 10

Until someone arrives who can answer your question, GWX Control Panel will block Windows 10 upgrade.

geekdom, Mar 3, 2018
  3. LynnBob Win User
    Much scared -- thinking about running dual monitors with Win 10

Hello,

I am running Win 7 and, of course, am getting routine prompts to upgrade to Win 10. I also run dual monitors, which are absolutely essential to my work. I have been reading internet horror stories written by dual-monitor people who upgraded to Win 10 and
    experienced all sorts of terrible problems with their monitors. Are these now fixed? I can't afford to be without my dual monitors.

Thanks.

Lynn

LynnBob, Mar 3, 2018
  4. About dual monitors. Is this normal?

Any time I hook up a 2nd monitor to my laptop my primary screen flashes black briefly. So I believe this is expected behavior.

PolarNettles, Mar 4, 2018
Thema:

About dual monitors. Is this normal?

1. About dual monitors. Is this normal? - Similar Threads - dual monitors normal

2. Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Monitors: We are running enterprise edition Windows 10 64 bit. My user has dual monitors at their desk and is connected to those monitors via a WD19 docking station, and the computer is a Dell Latitude 7400. In the display settings it always shows 3 screens and their icons keep moving...
  3. Questions about dual monitor setup

Questions about dual monitor setup: hello, I'm new to windows and I just have a couple of questions. currently, I have my laptop and a monitor set up side by side with my laptop kinda being used as a second monitor and it seems to be working but there's just some stuff I'm unsure about 1 when I hide my...
  4. Question about dual monitors.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about dual monitors.: I have recently installed a second monitor to my setup. I have a 32" primary and a 28" secondary at the moment. Both of them have the same resolutions, so windows detects them as the same size, but they are not. My problem is, that when I set it on extend mode, the experience...
  5. question about window on dual monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    question about window on dual monitors: I have two monitors and when I move an open window from the left monitor to the right monitor it always minimizes how can I stop that from happening. submitted by /u/murph_man99 [link] [comments]...
  6. dual monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitors: I'm working from home temporarily, my personal laptop desktop detects my second monitor and is working well. but when I access my work desktop via my personal laptop, it doesn't even detect a second monitor. in display settings, it doesn't even ask to detect a second monitor....
  7. Dual Monitors

Dual Monitors: Greetings. I have two monitors that are not side by side but on top of one another. One is a laptop and the other is a large Monitor that sits above it. I would like to move between screens by moving the mouse up and down instead of side to side. I use Windows 10. Is that...
  8. Dual monitors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual monitors: So I recently purchased a mid tier gaming pc and I'm having difficulty getting my second monitor to work. I know both monitors are in perfect working condition so that's not the problem. In display settings the computer is telling me that is recognizes 2 displays and I can...
  9. dual monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitors: I don't know what I did but my dual monitors now display the same screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors/62c8b91d-637c-4073-b21a-a8b25c161db6
  10. Dual monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitors: I have a second monitor but my pc does not seem to detect it. I've tried everething on youtube but cannot find a solution plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors/67f9623f-cb78-456f-bd4f-651bb46b2d6f