Windows 10: about:flags

Discus and support about:flags in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hope I'm on the right forum: How to gain permissions on everything on my computer; I presently show the 1st name of my MS email address listed above... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by oldyeller38, Sep 3, 2017.

1. about:flags

Hope I'm on the right forum:
    How to gain permissions on everything on my computer; I presently show the 1st name of my MS email address listed above my name Joseph. I have hardly any control over this computer. I had an internet downloader app on the old version of Windows 10 that that worked, but after the recovery I can’t reset it. When I go to the Edge address bar an type (about:flags) I’m presented with this screen:
    This downloader works with all versions of IE; I still use IE 11 along with Edge, but it’s a little unstable running on 10. Is there a solution to getting IDM running again in Edge? It is so much faster than with older ways of downloading.
    about:flags [​IMG]

I even tried this hack but no go: Disable_Microsoft_Edge_about-flags_page.reg

It seems as though MS has taken control of this computer, I DON”T LIKE that, I’ve always been my own man & I don’t need a big company to wet-nurse me!
    This is my personal computer and NOone has access to it but me, I'm not worried about being hacked as I'm the only user.

:)

oldyeller38, Sep 3, 2017

2. What is flagging in Windows Mail

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Messages have been flagged to let you know about a particular task that is to be performed. Refer to the link below for more information about flagging messages.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/find-flagged-messages-HA010062180.aspx

Hope this information helps.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Sep 3, 2017
  3. Nokia N9 doesn't boot

Do you know anything about flagging the device?

ceroberts75, Sep 3, 2017
  4. about:flags

One has to do a great deal of tinkering with Windows 10 to get it to work the way you want it to. I do not use EDGE very often and have not used IE since the mid 90's. Try another Browser like Chrome of Firefox. I now use Firefox 57 and I am loving it. Windows 10 Manger is a great tool to use. It is not free but the 30 day trial is and I think it is only 29 USD. The tutorial section of this Forum has many useful Tuts.

Josey Wales, Sep 3, 2017
  5. Thanks Josey; Eastwood was one cool dude, liked all his stuff. I'll give the tut section a look see. I'm 3 days into a recovery from MS & doing the tweaking I want.

oldyeller38, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

about:flags

1. about:flags - Similar Threads - flags

2. Flagged Trojan in Icloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flagged Trojan in Icloud: file: C:\Users\currenuser\AppData\Local\Packages\AppleInc.iCloud_nzyj5cx40ttqa\LocalCache\Local\Apple Inc\iCloudDriveAppData\Staging\FC8DD936-A1AF-4ED1-B622-6D12652A3874.binI am getting this notification about a trojan but i am kind of sure it is a false positive. I tried...
  3. Flagged Trojan in Icloud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flagged Trojan in Icloud: file: C:\Users\currenuser\AppData\Local\Packages\AppleInc.iCloud_nzyj5cx40ttqa\LocalCache\Local\Apple Inc\iCloudDriveAppData\Staging\FC8DD936-A1AF-4ED1-B622-6D12652A3874.binI am getting this notification about a trojan but i am kind of sure it is a false positive. I tried...
  4. Windows "Real Time Protection" needs to stop false flagging everything as "wacatac"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows "Real Time Protection" needs to stop false flagging everything as "wacatac": I'm extremely disappointed in Microsoft with their approach of using AI to make up detections and scare people into thinking they have viruses.Also for deleting completely safe files without the using consent.Also because "white-listing" does absolutely nothing, RTP still...
  5. Windows "Real Time Protection" needs to stop false flagging everything as "wacatac"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows "Real Time Protection" needs to stop false flagging everything as "wacatac": I'm extremely disappointed in Microsoft with their approach of using AI to make up detections and scare people into thinking they have viruses.Also for deleting completely safe files without the using consent.Also because "white-listing" does absolutely nothing, RTP still...
  6. Windows "Real Time Protection" needs to stop false flagging everything as "wacatac"

7. Company name and specific website URL flags Windows Defender as a Trojan.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Company name and specific website URL flags Windows Defender as a Trojan.: Adding the phrase "vShepherd.com" or "vShepherd" to a text file, python file, C# program or any file in general, it flags the software as a trojan.This is genuinely annoying because we can't sign our company name on our company software.It flags it as a...
  8. Company name and specific website URL flags Windows Defender as a Trojan.

Company name and specific website URL flags Windows Defender as a Trojan.: Adding the phrase "vShepherd.com" or "vShepherd" to a text file, python file, C# program or any file in general, it flags the software as a trojan.This is genuinely annoying because we can't sign our company name on our company software.It flags it as a...
  9. i have a file inside the Microsoft file that's being flagged as infected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a file inside the Microsoft file that's being flagged as infected: My anti virus flagged this file with trojan:W32/GenInflated.B Ive tried to delete this file but its says I don't have the perms saying "you require perms from NETWORK SERVICE to make changed to this folder". When i go into the content.bin file it freezes my...
  10. i have a file inside the Microsoft file that's being flagged as infected

i have a file inside the Microsoft file that's being flagged as infected: My anti virus flagged this file with trojan:W32/GenInflated.B Ive tried to delete this file but its says I don't have the perms saying "you require perms from NETWORK SERVICE to make changed to this folder". When i go into the content.bin file it freezes my...