Windows 10: About my WiFi

Discus and support About my WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Not sure where to post this. I always wonder why I see those and how to eliminate them. Is that possible ? I assume those shown in the screenshot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by davidhk, Jan 10, 2016.

1. davidhk Win User

About my WiFi

Not sure where to post this.

I always wonder why I see those and how to eliminate them.
    Is that possible ?
    I assume those shown in the screenshot are the nearby Wifi devices. I just want them gone. They are not mine.

About my WiFi [​IMG]

:)

davidhk, Jan 10, 2016
  2. Kevin J S Win User

about Wifi

VikasSharma059 -

Thank you for posting.

Speech languages can only be downloaded right through the phone. Apps can be downloaded from the website, but to sideload them onto the phone you have to have a model with an SD card slot. It looks like the 525 should support SD cards. You can get more
    information about sideloading on this page:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp8/apps/how-do-i-install-apps-from-an-sd-card

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Kevin J S, Jan 10, 2016
  3. about Wifi

I am using Lumia 525 with wp 8.1

is there any way to download big files like Speech language or Big Games. If yes, then plz plz plzzzz tell me because I have not a wifi all the time...

VikasSharma059, Jan 10, 2016
  4. hiphopper Win User

About my WiFi

Those are your neighbors SSID's from their WiFi routers. You can't make them disappear as far as I know on Windows. All you can do is pretty much ignore them unless their is some third party software that performs that function. Not sure why you care, because once you've logged into your own router you shouldn't need to log in again.

I guess you COULD go door to door and ask your neighbors to set their routers to hide the SSID, but I suspect you will get some funny looks and a few unpleasant replies.

hiphopper, Jan 10, 2016
  5. Press the Airplane Mode button, they will disappear.

nigelmercier, Jan 10, 2016
  6. AnEdge Win User
    Now that is funny!!!

AnEdge, Jan 10, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Thank you.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

About my WiFi

1. About my WiFi - Similar Threads - WiFi

2. My Computer keeps shutting off the WiFi when booting up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer keeps shutting off the WiFi when booting up.: Hello Microsoft Community,since I moved my computer to the second floor of the house and updated it to windows 10 it keeps shutting off the WiFi network for the whole house as soon as I turn it on.I have to reboot the wifi router in my house to get my wifi back.Also the wifi...
  3. My Computer keeps shutting off the WiFi when booting up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Computer keeps shutting off the WiFi when booting up.: Hello Microsoft Community,since I moved my computer to the second floor of the house and updated it to windows 10 it keeps shutting off the WiFi network for the whole house as soon as I turn it on.I have to reboot the wifi router in my house to get my wifi back.Also the wifi...
  4. My Computer keeps shutting off the WiFi when booting up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Missing Wifi Driver - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Wifi Driver - Windows 10: the wifi is disapper from my laptop, i looked in the driver and can't find the wifi driver, i tried to download it but i can't the right one . my laptop is HP ProBook 450 G3, can anyone help?...
  6. Missing Wifi Driver - Windows 10

Missing Wifi Driver - Windows 10: the wifi is disapper from my laptop, i looked in the driver and can't find the wifi driver, i tried to download it but i can't the right one . my laptop is HP ProBook 450 G3, can anyone help?...
  7. Missing Wifi Driver - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Wifi turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi turned off: My wifi seems to be turned off even if I try to turn it on from the settings area, it still shows " wifi turned off" when I click on the wifi symbol on the task bar. Any idea on how to go about it please?...
  9. Wifi turned off

Wifi turned off: My wifi seems to be turned off even if I try to turn it on from the settings area, it still shows " wifi turned off" when I click on the wifi symbol on the task bar. Any idea on how to go about it please?...
  10. Wifi turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing