Windows 10: About using Memtest varieties

Discus and support About using Memtest varieties in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently have had stack overflow warnings, which I understand can be a sign of RAM failure. Be that so, which version of the application is best for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by chipwood, Sep 5, 2016.

1. chipwood Win User

About using Memtest varieties

Recently have had stack overflow warnings, which I understand can be a sign of RAM failure.
    Be that so, which version of the application is best for Windows 10 64 bit, please?

I have also read the tutorial, but that deals only with creating a bootable usb stick, and nothing is mentioned about creating a bootbleCd/DVD As I lack a suitable stick but have many blank CDs, I'd like to use them.

Are you able to advise me?

:)

chipwood, Sep 5, 2016

2. HELP Constant Blue Screen Error and restarting loop - Can't do anything!!

WEA Errors are generally hardware related. I would start by running Memtest since you purchased ram

2-Memtest. (You can read more about running memtest here)

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Sep 5, 2016
  3. Where is the variety?

The Windows store is clearly lacking many of the titles available in the Apple and Google stores not to mention that they are much more expensive. Is there any effort being made to address this? I would certainly buy more products from the Windows store
    if the variety and the pricing were more in line with the rest of the app store community. I believe that the volume of purchases would make up for the leveling of the price architecture that you currently have in place. If Microsoft plans to join in and
    reap the rewards of the app phenomenon that is currently taking place then they ought to take notice that they are not competitive in either price point or accessibility to the most popular apps currently available. With the release of Windows 10 this would
    seem like a logical step to increase current and future revenue streams for the company.

Jimifoxx59, Sep 5, 2016
  4. About using Memtest varieties

Slartybart, Sep 5, 2016
  5. chipwood Win User
    Can you recommend a good burner? I've just tried Free ISO burner,and booted from CD drive, but nothing seems to happen. Have I made a mess maybe. Files on CD see attachment.

chipwood, Sep 6, 2016
  6. Windows 10 has a built in burner

Extract the ISO from the zip folder
    Right click the extracted ISO
    Select Burn disc image

Slartybart, Sep 6, 2016
  7. chipwood Win User
    I must be stupid, as I have searched for the burner, which I believe is called Windows DIsc Image, but cannot find the App.

chipwood, Sep 6, 2016
  8. About using Memtest varieties

Sorry, not an app ... it's a File Explorer feature

You can either pick Burn disc image from the context menu (Right click on the ISO)

About using Memtest varieties [​IMG]

-- OR --
    Pick Burn from the Disc Image Tools / Manage menu (only shows if the ISO is selected)

About using Memtest varieties [​IMG]

Slartybart, Sep 6, 2016
  9. chipwood Win User
    At last I've got it and a short run of the cd proves. Thanks everyone!*Party
    Will do full test overnight.

chipwood, Sep 6, 2016
  10. Great!

Please mark your thread SOLVED when you get the chance

Bill

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

About using Memtest varieties

1. About using Memtest varieties - Similar Threads - using Memtest varieties

2. Occasional bluescreens, variety of stopcodes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Occasional bluescreens, variety of stopcodes: I get occasional bluescreens on my laptop. Past stop codes have been DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. The most common one though is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. It crashes, but stays on 0% and doesn't create a dump file.I can't find any pattern to it....
  3. Occasional bluescreens, variety of stopcodes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Occasional bluescreens, variety of stopcodes: I get occasional bluescreens on my laptop. Past stop codes have been DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. The most common one though is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. It crashes, but stays on 0% and doesn't create a dump file.I can't find any pattern to it....
  4. BSOD. Use windows memory diagnostic or MemTest ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD. Use windows memory diagnostic or MemTest ?: Which is better to use? submitted by /u/CortexExport [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l1lbrl/bsod_use_windows_memory_diagnostic_or_memtest/
  5. Memtest 86: 4 passes or 8?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memtest 86: 4 passes or 8?: I'm trying to troubleshoot some issues with my computer. I've ran Memtest86 with 4 passes and zero errors. My RAM is 3600mHz CL16 16Gb (2x8Gb). Should I do 8 passes when I get home from work or would that be unnecessary? 166830
  6. Memtest

Memtest: Which Memtest86 do I download and run for windows 10, that is to be used to troubleshoot BSOD possibilities? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memtest/f8657cc2-ba50-490a-bf1e-0c416df21c8d
  7. BSOD/Memtest Fail/Verifier Results

BSOD/Memtest Fail/Verifier Results: Hi there, Have been battling seemingly random BSODs since building PC 6-12 months ago. Given it was a new build it was difficult to isolate any specific hardware or drivers that were causing the issue, and don't know enough to understand Event Viewer. A BlueScreen viewer...
  8. FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE BSOD, No errors in MEMTEST

FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE BSOD, No errors in MEMTEST: I've been having periodic BSOD with a computer I built for a while now, but I thought I was in clear when I didn't get one about a month. However, a day or two ago I got one with a FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE, so I ran memtest over night and didn't get any errors this...
  9. Can I use UEFI instead of BIOS for memtest?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I use UEFI instead of BIOS for memtest?: Hi I'm going to follow this tutorial to do a memtest86 MemTest86+ - Test RAM BSOD Tutorials Is it OK to use this tutorial and boot to UEFI instead? Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings from inside Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials By the way I don't know what bios vs uefi...
  10. Did MemTest test all of my RAM?

in Windows 10 Support
    Did MemTest test all of my RAM?: So I bought a 4GB Samsung DDR3L RAM from this guy online. It arrived yesterday, plugged it in, booted the laptop up and it worked. Just to be sure, I ran MemTest overnight last night. I set it to run at 8 passes. While running, the RAM info on display showed my 4 GB SK Hynix...