Windows 10: about Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and Windows 10

Discus and support about Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I assume my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit is using MBR in the BIOS and Windows 10 is using GPT. I have a computer with 2 HDs and Windows 7 on one and Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jack, Jan 31, 2015.

1. jack Win User

about Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and Windows 10

I assume my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit is using MBR in the BIOS and Windows 10 is using GPT.
    I have a computer with 2 HDs and Windows 7 on one and Windows 10 on the other.
    This caused an error when running Clonezilla-live and failed. Clonezilla produced this
    error /dev/sdx mismatch for MBR /GPT partition.

Could or would Windows 7 run with GPT?? How would this effect the data on that HD??
    Your thoughts would be appreciated.....

:)

2. My Windows 7 is a Windows 7 Pro version, 64 bit. Will my Windows 10 upgrade also be Pro and 64 bit?

Original Title: Windows 10 upgrade

My Windows 7 is a Windows 7 Pro version, 64 bit. Will my Windows 10 upgrade also be Pro and 64 bit?

webberhall, Jan 31, 2015
  3. Windows downgraded

I want to ask what does this statement means.

"

"

Operating SystemWin 7 Pro 64-bit (downgrade from Windows 10 Pro 64-bit) + Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Licence

"

Thanks.

AbdulQuddus143, Jan 31, 2015
  4. about Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and Windows 10

My Windows 7 Pro is on MBR as is my Windows 10; however, when I went to install Windows 8.1 on an MBR disk it refused so I let it do it's own thing creating a 4 partition HD with Windows 8.1 on GPT.

All 3 HDs can be seen on either Operating System.

I can't see any reason why Windows 7 wouldn't install of GPT.

WightWalker, Jan 31, 2015
  5. jack Win User
    Am I correct in saying that Windows 10 uses UEFI and GPT?
    I suppose a Gigabyte MB will work with Windows 10....
    Please explain well as this is new ground for me.

If so, then I would be better off waiting the 60 to 90 days and install windows 10.
    That poses a hefty learning curve for me. Hope it's worth it.
    Thanks guys for you insight.

jack, Feb 1, 2015
  6. AddRAM Win User
    Nope, I installed it MBR style.

You can choose either , depending on your bios.

AddRAM, Feb 1, 2015
  7. about Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and Windows 10

*Ditto My laptop has UEFI but my desktop PC doesn't. I've run Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 on both. Also, I could if I wanted to, install in legacy mode on my laptop. Your not forced to use UEFI mode, even with a UEFI BIOS.

alphanumeric, Feb 1, 2015
  8. I've installed every OS from Widows 98 to Windows 10 on my old Home-Made PC with an MSI motherboard and an AMD, Athlon, 2X, 5200+ CPU.

My latest install, was/is Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, 9926. It installed just great and runs great. No problems at all.
    It doesn't seem to give a hoot what's on the motherboard.

In general, I've found that MS's latest OS's are very compatible with just about any PC. If they will run XP, they will usually run Vista, Win-7, 8 or 8.1, even Win-10.

I also have Windows 10, 64 bit running nicely on a six year old HP Laptop, with just two GB of ram. No problems!
    It installed compatible drivers for everything, including the touch pad.

The whole Idea of being a Microsoft OS tester, is trying it on different machines, not jumping on a forum and asking 'will this work, will that work, oh woe is me, it might not'.
    If a person is not qualified as a Beta Tester, then they should leave it to those who are. Eh?

Cheers mates!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Feb 3, 2015
  9. Arelem Win User
    So if a person is smart enough to ask questions first, they aren't qualified to be a beta tester? No wonder software is in the state its in these days. *really

Arelem, Feb 3, 2015
  10. jack Win User
    Sorry Technomage.
    You are correct then I am NOT qualified to be a beta tester.
    So you will never see me post here again. Bye

11. @jack.

Everyone is welcome here, please do not let the views of others push you away.
    Your level of technical knowledge has nothing to do with being a member here.

Make sure you ask as many questions around here as needed.

*Thumbs

JDobbsy1987, Feb 3, 2015
  12. caperjack Win User

in average users defence ,we are not beta testers ,win10 is not beta, its a release preview ,and 2million people are using it ,and I think some of us who are not really testing it and reporting or findings just might find out that we will not end up with a key or an invite to install the next release after 9926 ,and 9926 will stop working for us that don't fit Microsofts defenition of a Tester ,now that just an opinion ,not factual about it

caperjack, Feb 3, 2015
  13. groze Win User
    Jack
    I hope you are still around. Look at my postings, here and on the windows 7 sister forum. I start threads, reply to post in threads, I ask questions. I maybe a little annoying but I post how I see things. Don't let others scare you off. I don't. The only time you got to *Zip it or stop if a mod/admin tells you to. By the way, I am not a tech.

groze, Feb 4, 2015
  14. AddRAM Win User
    You don`t get invited, you either test it or you don`t. And of course we will get the next upgrade.

AddRAM, Feb 4, 2015
Thema:

1. about Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Pro bit

2. Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit says I need to activate windows after a windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit says I need to activate windows after a windows update: Problem: I bought my license of Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit in February 2023. It has worked fine until a recent Windows update. After that, it suddenly nags me to activate Windows. When I go to activation it says, translated: "Windows reported that no product key was found...
  3. Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit says I need to activate windows after a windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit says I need to activate windows after a windows update: Problem: I bought my license of Windows 11 Pro Swedish 64-bit in February 2023. It has worked fine until a recent Windows update. After that, it suddenly nags me to activate Windows. When I go to activation it says, translated: "Windows reported that no product key was found...
  4. Is there a way to see if my 64-bit W10 Pro. retail key was registered in my MS account online?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is there a way to see if my 64-bit W10 Pro. retail key was registered in my MS account online?: I don't see it any where even in my device list shouldn't my custom built PC be listed? online. I want to be sure it matches what I see on my PC with its "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account" MS account and "Windows is activated with a...
  5. Is there a way to see if my 64-bit W10 Pro. retail key was registered in my MS account online?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to see if my 64-bit W10 Pro. retail key was registered in my MS account online?: I don't see it any where even in my device list shouldn't my custom built PC be listed? online. I want to be sure it matches what I see on my PC with its "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account" MS account and "Windows is activated with a...
  6. Is there a way to see if my 64-bit W10 Pro. retail key was registered in my MS account online?

7. Using Windows 11 Pro Key to Activate Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Windows 11 Pro Key to Activate Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit: Hello. I recently started work with a company that builds and services computer systems used in flight simulation. We are a small business less than 5 employees so I am not sure if any of the Volume Licensing programs would be open to us. Onto the issue at hand. Many of the...
  8. Using Windows 11 Pro Key to Activate Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit

Using Windows 11 Pro Key to Activate Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit: Hello. I recently started work with a company that builds and services computer systems used in flight simulation. We are a small business less than 5 employees so I am not sure if any of the Volume Licensing programs would be open to us. Onto the issue at hand. Many of the...
  9. Using Windows 11 Pro Key to Activate Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  10. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit 3 GB ram laptobuma Windows 10 64 Bit yükleyebilir miyim?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Pro 64 bit 3 GB ram laptobuma Windows 10 64 Bit yükleyebilir miyim?: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit 3 GB ram laptobumu Windows 10 64 Bit sürümüne yükseltmek istiyorum. herhangi bir sorun yaşar mıyım? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-pro-64-bit-3-gb-ram-laptobuma-windows-10/6a8cef49-2d7b-482d-8e0c-d49756590434