Windows 10: About Windows Defender Update Process

Discus and support About Windows Defender Update Process in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm a low bandwidth internet user, hence I disabled Windows 10 updates and presently I'm using Windows Defender as Anti-Virus. So my query is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NRT, Aug 2, 2015.

1. NRT
    NRT Win User

About Windows Defender Update Process

Hi there, I'm a low bandwidth internet user, hence I disabled Windows 10 updates and presently I'm using Windows Defender as Anti-Virus. So my query is whether I get auto updates for windows Defender, if I disable windows 10 updates? Are they delivered through same channel ? If yes, how would I configure to get Defender Auto updations, by limiting system updates? is it possible ?

Thank you

:)

2. Windows 10 not updating to 1703 version

I think is misunderstanding, when I refer o update process it mean about windows 8.1 update files, as;

Security , defenders, frameworks, etc.
    Not main Windows version.

RicardoMC Grath, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Worm:Win32/Rimecud!inf in History/log in Windows Defender.

Hi Line,

One of the possible causes why you can't remove and mark it is that the Windows Defender looks for processes that resulted from the virus. It will end the process in task manager and you need to disable the auto-run functionality. To resolve this issue,
    we suggest that you try Windows Defender Offline. The steps are found on this
    article.

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Marilou Ser, Aug 2, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Check out the advanced settings in the update section of settings and you can find a defer update.. check that out.

HTH

BunnyJ, Aug 2, 2015
  5. NRT
    NRT Win User
    Oh.. Thats a great news.. Thank You Bunny *Smile

Thema:

1. About Windows Defender Update Process - Similar Threads - Defender Update Process

2. About Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About Windows Defender: HiI have a problem with my [Windows 10 pro Virus Defender]Recently one of my friends gave me a crack version of "NEET FOR SPEED" and when I half way through installing the tutorial video says turn off windows real time protection . I thought this wont do anything, after that...
  3. About windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About windows defender: Hello, I downloaded a file that isn't a virus, but windows defender sees it as a virus. It says that the file is in a folder that doesn't exist. And avast doesn't detect that virus. Should I be woried?...
  4. About windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About windows defender: Hello, I downloaded a file that isn't a virus, but windows defender sees it as a virus. It says that the file is in a folder that doesn't exist. And avast doesn't detect that virus. Should I be woried?...
  5. about the updation process

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    about the updation process: from last 10 days i am not able to remove malicious virus from my computer, whenever i go scanning i found a lot but the windows defender woulnt take any action on it so i got a pressure why the windows removing the virus . so tell me the exact convinient way to solve this...
  6. About Windows Defender?

About Windows Defender?: Dear Sir/Madam, Hello again?, I don't know how much Windows Defender has improved by?, and just go by what has been said by the team of Windows Defender?, and apologize if my assumption of Windows Defender's poor performance was somehow wrong,...
  7. About Windows Defender?

About Windows Defender?: Dear Sir/Madam, How's your day been?, Weird as it sound to you?, as I even had ticked enabled all in the group policy settings questions relating to Windows Defender and still weird nasties went through undetected. I didn't know somebody with a...
  8. About Windows Defender?

About Windows Defender?: Where is the settings in Windows Defender for it to scan zip files as no such setting have been found?, already been to my Local Group Policy or Gpedit.msc and configured some questions relating to Windows Defender by enabling it and it made no difference whatsoever. Still...
  9. about window defender

about window defender: When studying C language with visual studio, I founded some problem. I write code and run my code, window defender recognize it as a Trojan. I want know why this happend....
  10. About windows defender.

About windows defender.: Good afternoon sir/madam My windows defender had turned off by Group Policy. Please can you help me with this issue. for how to turn on the Windows Defender by group policy. Please......................................