Windows 10: About Windows Update

Discus and support About Windows Update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello!: I've been an Insider and now I've upgraded to Windows 10. Not Pro. For my little laptop Aspire One D257, the version of 32 bits runs very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Enrique, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Enrique Win User

About Windows Update

Hello!:
    I've been an Insider and now I've upgraded to Windows 10. Not Pro. For my little laptop Aspire One D257, the version of 32 bits runs very well, more than I've expected. But the implementation of Windows Update is clearly a bunch of garbage IMHO. As normal user, I wan to:
    - Know if I like the update or not.
    - Know for what is this or another update.
    - Choose when the System goes to be updated or not.
    - Suspend the updates if I want.
    - And more, like millions of the new users of Windows 10.
    All of these things occurs because Microsoft has launched the System poorly terminated and now, it seems in Redmond wants to complete the editions by "cummulative patches". I never remember another obstrusive manner of complete an OS. It's posible that at the end of proccess, we have a million of patches, and then, Microsoft says us: "We want that you upgrade to Windows 10.1". So, is very painful this "method". Actually, I've been updated the System via a web that provides the standalone patches. It's a foolish method, guys! Somebody can to say to Redmond this "circumstance"? Thanks for read this words. And pardon me, sires, today it's a bad day.*Mad

:)

Enrique, Aug 27, 2015

2. Windows update_1900101 Windows 10

I haven't been able to install Windows 10 due to the following error: C1900101-20017. Any idea what this is and does it mean I'm out of luck?

Windows update-1900101, Aug 27, 2015
  3. synth_fg Win User
    about windows update

Nokia do not officialy support the developer preview 8.1

If you choose to install it you may void your warenty (is the official position)

If you decide to wait, the nokia version of 8.1 should be rolled out in a few months

synth_fg, Aug 27, 2015
  4. About Windows Update

Maybe i am missing the point of your post could you explain, in more detail what your dislikes in regards to the new Windown10 are?

digitalcurisity, Aug 27, 2015
  5. Enrique Win User
    I want the old Windows Update. It's simple. Very simple. Thanks for the curiosity and have a nice day!

Enrique, Aug 27, 2015
  6. AlanWade Win User
    "Redmond wants to complete the editions by "cummulative patches".

I dont wish to be picky but isnt there only one 'M' in Culumative?

AlanWade, Aug 27, 2015
  7. Enrique Win User
    Sorry, Wade, I'm a poor spanish man, and so wants to say that I'm not an expert on syntax! But you understand me, right? (This was "cumulative or culumative?).
    The web for cumulative patches offline:
    offline installer Archives - Digital Riser

Enrique, Aug 27, 2015
  8. About Windows Update

I see another thread being locked.

9. Enrique Win User
    Maybe, but do you see a normal way to view the updates from your machine via Control Panel>Programs and Characteristics>View the Windows Updates Installed? I'm not. There's another reason because I posted over Windows Update in Windows 10. Do you think it's good implemented? Give me your reasons, and the thread returns to unlocked. Thanks again.

Enrique, Aug 27, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    For me it's nothing more than a change in what the OS does and where things are located. It's a matter of being patient and learning how to use the new OS, that's if you want to use it in the first place. This is a great place to ask for help concerning learning the new OS and how to use it and find things. If you just want to complain that's not a great way to start and/or get help here.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Aug 27, 2015
  11. I was just making a small note of someone, picking on someones spelling of a WORD.

12. At any any time someone can just format their HD or buy a new HD,go to Amazon or NewEgg buy a copy of Win7 install it and zippy your back again.

13. BunnyJ New Member

About Windows Update

First off the gentleman is in Spain not the US and we don't know what his financial situation is so recommending something like this is a bit premature, IMO. And pointing out a spelling error from a non native English spell is not needed.

BunnyJ, Aug 27, 2015
  14. I agree and I was not the one who pointed the item in regards to his spelling. And my comment in regards to getting back to Win7,again was not aimed at the OP.
    It was just another path to be taken.

15. BunnyJ New Member
    I apologize.. I got confused for a minute.

BunnyJ, Aug 27, 2015
Thema:

About Windows Update

1. About Windows Update - Similar Threads - Update

2. Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...: Hi, I am checking if there will be any updates to the Microsoft mouse and Keyboard center app soon? I find that setting my wheel push button to paste is very helpful in production at work, however doing this causing the mouse wheel to stick and not perform as it would when...
  3. Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...: Hi, I am checking if there will be any updates to the Microsoft mouse and Keyboard center app soon? I find that setting my wheel push button to paste is very helpful in production at work, however doing this causing the mouse wheel to stick and not perform as it would when...
  4. Checking if updates on Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard are coming soon? Issues with setting...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 Update Error 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update Error 0x80070643: I am running Windows 10 Update and getting the error 0x80070643.I was trying to follow the instructions in the following thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-error0x80070643/e6473fa4-f2d4-42c3-b4be-266b43454306However after completing...
  6. Windows 10 Update Error 0x80070643

Windows 10 Update Error 0x80070643: I am running Windows 10 Update and getting the error 0x80070643.I was trying to follow the instructions in the following thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-error0x80070643/e6473fa4-f2d4-42c3-b4be-266b43454306However after completing...
  7. Windows 10 Update Error 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.: Hello! When I try to install a program from Microsoft Store it just says: ''Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.'' I've tried troubleshooting the problem but nothing has worked for me. Firstly I ran a quick scan, nothing found.Secondly I...
  9. Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.

Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.: Hello! When I try to install a program from Microsoft Store it just says: ''Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.'' I've tried troubleshooting the problem but nothing has worked for me. Firstly I ran a quick scan, nothing found.Secondly I...
  10. Error encountered. One of the update services is not running properly.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade