Windows 10: Accent color won't change from default blue.

Discus and support Accent color won't change from default blue. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey, I just noticed that when I try to change the default blue accent color , nothing happens. The new color gets selected in the palette, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by chastter, Jul 31, 2015.

1. chastter Win User

Accent color won't change from default blue.

Hey, I just noticed that when I try to change the default blue accent color , nothing happens. The new color gets selected in the palette, and I noticed it changes the shadow color of windows, but everything else stays blue. When I go somewhere else in Personalisation and then return to Personalisation -> Color, the color is set to the default blue again. It's not updating the color for some reason.

Any ideas what to do here pls ?

:)

chastter, Jul 31, 2015
  2. LeoWill Win User

Windows 10 accent colour doesn't change automatically

This is a similar if not exactly the same issue. The RTM version of Windows 10 had no issues related to automatic color accents. It all started for me when I just now upgraded to the Fall Update version 1511. I have included specs of my laptop in the bottom
    along with graphics driver version, and others should follow suite.

(Edit: Disabling "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" does sort of fix the issue.)

The accent color changes to default blue under two independent conditions:

1) When the slideshow changes images, it reverts to the default blue accent color.

2) When the Personalization settings is opened. (see next paragraph)

I open the Personalization settings by right clicking on the desktop.

Then the following happens in quick succession, without user input:

1) The preview window shows the correct auto color where it should.

2) The preview window cycles to show the next image.

3) The accent color changes to blue in preview window.

4) The accent color changes for the desktop.

Steps taken to fix:

1) Turn Off/On automatic accent color, resets correct color but end result is same.

2) Turn Off automatic accent color, chose random color (green), turn On, correct auto color, end result is still same.

I have nothing against blue but a shade of orange bests matches my background and its quite annoying.

For trouble shooting, specs of laptop: (I think people should list specs)

Processor: i5-3210M

Graphics: Geforce GTX 660M

Graphics Driver: 361.43 (released 12/21/15)

LeoWill, Jul 31, 2015
  3. set windows 10 colors default

Open Start > Settings > Personalization > Colors

Under choose your color, uncheck 'Automatically pick an accent color from my default background'

Under Windows color, click 'Default blue' first tile, third row.

Check the boxes under 'Show accent color on the following surfaces.

Choose 'Light' under 'Choose your default app mode.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Accent color won't change from default blue.

1. Accent color won't change from default blue. - Similar Threads - Accent color won't

2. Unable to Change Accent Color from the Default Blue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Change Accent Color from the Default Blue: I have active windows 11 and no issues except Unable to Change Accent Color from the Default Blue.Set Accent color to manual and choose any color but it still stuck at default blue.Anyone know the issue. Thank you....
  3. Unable to Change Accent Color from the Default Blue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Change Accent Color from the Default Blue: I have active windows 11 and no issues except Unable to Change Accent Color from the Default Blue.Set Accent color to manual and choose any color but it still stuck at default blue.Anyone know the issue. Thank you....
  4. Accent colors changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accent colors changing: I use three PC's on a daily basis. Each has its own keyboard and mouse. Periodically each of the three will change the accent colour of the taskbar without input from me. I find this frustrating because I use colour for each computer set-up - so the accent colour, and...
  5. Cannot change accent color on Windows 10. Stuck at pink accent color!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot change accent color on Windows 10. Stuck at pink accent color!: Hi, on my Windows 10 new PC, the color theme is stuck at a pink accent color. When I go to Settings -> Colors -> Choose your accent color, whenever I check another color, the pink one is still checked and the color does not change. Why is it doing this? I've read other posts...
  6. Ctrl-Alt-Delete Screen Color won't change with accent color :(

Ctrl-Alt-Delete Screen Color won't change with accent color :(: Hi everyone, this is my first post here. As title, Ctrl-Alt-Delete Screen Color won't change with accent color *Sad I already try delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\DefaultColors, but didnt help. Sorry for my broken english, thanks for help. 117736
  7. Title bar accent color won't change to default.

Title bar accent color won't change to default.: I've had this issue before, it never got resolved. I've tried stuff like: Navigate in regedit to DWM and set Color Prevalence to 0 (REG_DWORD), and Turn accent title colors off in settings, even did a system scan, updated my PC, checked for malware... None of that worked. I...
  8. Ctrl-Alt-Delete Screen Color won't change with accent color

Ctrl-Alt-Delete Screen Color won't change with accent color: Hey guys, This is my first post here!*Smile So, I've run into some trouble with Win 10. I was trying to totally black out my win10 and for that I had to install custom themes and stuff but I had an issue where some parts of the theme would revert back to white after coming...
  9. Windows 10 Accent Color Won't Change Automatically

Windows 10 Accent Color Won't Change Automatically: So I had this problem since the first time I upgraded to Windows 10. In Personalization> Colors setting there's an option, "Automatically pick an accent color from my background". At first, I thought that settings only change the color to the current background I used....
  10. How to change accent color?

How to change accent color?: Hi Forum I read on the internet that you can add your own custom accent color thru the registry. I did that but it didn't change my accents in the start menu or on the log off screen. I was wondering is there any other way of changing or forcing windows to accept your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. accent colour wont change