Windows 10: Access Bitlocked Volume on Partition via NEW OS

Discus and support Access Bitlocked Volume on Partition via NEW OS in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. So I have a challenging one for you - or, at least, for me. *Smile I have a physical hard drive which I will call HD1. HD1 was the primary... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by g6rp2c41, Feb 3, 2018.

1. g6rp2c41 Win User

Access Bitlocked Volume on Partition via NEW OS

Hello. So I have a challenging one for you - or, at least, for me. *Smile

I have a physical hard drive which I will call HD1. HD1 was the primary hard drive on a Windows 10 machine. HD1 is 3TB. But because Windows 10 can only have a 2TB volume, what I did was create a new volume on that REMAINING 1TB. Additionally, I encrypted that 1TB volume using Windows Bitlocker. All of this worked perfectly in my old machine.

I now have a NEW machine, and I want to use that 3TB hard drive (HD1) as a second hard drive. I would like to have the same setup on this drive: I want a 2TB volume (I will simply ignore, and probably overwrite, the Windows OS files on this 2TB volume now that I don't need them), and I want to not only use the remaining 1TB, but I want to simply access the Bitlocked 1TB volume which I can see on my old machine.

The problem is, when I put HD1 in my new machine, it shows the 2TB volume, but doesn't show the 1TB Bitlocked volume at all. It simply shows unallocated space.

My question: Is there a way to access that 1TB Bitlocked volume in my new computer? If so, how do I do it? I don't want to allocate space using the disk management utility, because I don't know how that will affect that 1TB Bitlocked volume on HD1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

:)

g6rp2c41, Feb 3, 2018
  2. JFDJ Win User

Bitlocker on Windows 10 Home

To: MS

I just got a new dell laptop(on 10/15/17) w/ windows 10 home and I just found out that I can not make a backup image w/Acronis because it said: Unable to back up a locked volume encrypted with BitLocker. Unlock the volume or turn off BitLocker, and then
    try again. So windows 10 Home came on this new dell laptop so why is BitLocker on the C: partition ?. And I know windows 10 home does not come with BitLocker so now what do I do? I more thing that I try was to use Backup and Restore in windows 10 home and
    Create a system image and it said this : You have chosen to back up drive C:, which is encrypted. The backup location will not be encrypted. Make sure the backup is kept in a physically secure location. So I said again how can BitLocker be on C: partition
    when the New Dell Laptop came with Windows 10 Home dose not come with

BitLocker.

JFDJ, Feb 3, 2018
  3. Windows 10 "Invalid partition table."?

folks,

The issue is due to TPM enabled if this is Windows 10. You can get away with this invalid partition error by not using TPM. You still can enable bitlocker by using your active directory - set Allow Bitlocker without a compatible "TPM" option in the
    required additional authentication at startup"policy for OS volumes.

Will wait if there is new windows update that Microsoft will implement.

Thinking also to update the bios. By the way I have Dell M6800 Precision. Even Dell support could not figure out what is causing this invalid partition and after all that do this and do that he just suggest to rebuild the OS. Which I did and that where I
    able to boot again. Yes I back up my files first before I redo everything.

Andrew Geriane, Feb 3, 2018
Thema:

Access Bitlocked Volume on Partition via NEW OS

1. Access Bitlocked Volume on Partition via NEW OS - Similar Threads - Access Bitlocked Volume

2. Partition / Volume disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partition / Volume disk: I bought brand new laptopGot a Flash drive to move the Microsoft Windows installation.While I’m in the installation window, I’ve notice that the installer isn’t recognize my Disk.I followed some YouTube tutorials and clear my partition from the command list . Now, while I’m...
  3. Partition / Volume disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partition / Volume disk: I bought brand new laptopGot a Flash drive to move the Microsoft Windows installation.While I’m in the installation window, I’ve notice that the installer isn’t recognize my Disk.I followed some YouTube tutorials and clear my partition from the command list . Now, while I’m...
  4. Clone OS partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clone OS partition: Hey, I’m having trouble moving my windows 10 install over to my new ssd. I have tried cloning the entire disk and or all partitions from old to new drive using easeus, minitool, and aomei, but nothing seems to work after if clone everything, I restarted pc and booted from new...
  5. Bitlocker Deleted Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker Deleted Partition: So, after downloading Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 18348 my computer system started to have some issues. I decided to restore my operating system from a previous image. Everything went well until I noticed that one of my internal drives which had BitLocker enabled had...
  6. Bitlocker: D Partition was not able to access and was asking for format

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker: D Partition was not able to access and was asking for format: We are having some serious trouble with Bit locker. Recently, we decrypted one Desktop C (232 GB) and D Partition (231 GB) and it all went smooth, even restarted after the Decryption with no issues. But after the restart we found that D Partition was not able to access...
  7. Bitlocker: D Partition was not able to access and was asking for format

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bitlocker: D Partition was not able to access and was asking for format: We are having some serious trouble with Bit locker. Recently, we decrypted one Desktop C (232 GB) and D Partition (231 GB) and it all went smooth, even restarted after the Decryption with no issues. But after the restart we found that D Partition was not able to...
  8. Expanding OS partition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Expanding OS partition: Disk Management shows my OS resided on a 223GB partition (C:) on an SSD that has 477GB. The SSD has these partitions: 102 MB Unallocated | OS (C:) 223 GB NTFS Healthy (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition) | 103 MB Healthy (EFI System Partition) | 253 GB...
  9. shrinking volume with OS on it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    shrinking volume with OS on it: Howdy, I've inherited a desktop with Windows 10 installed on a 1TB, single partition drive. For better or worse I belong to the "partitions" school, and would like to partition this physical drive into 2 or maybe even 3 logical partitions. From what I've found thus...
  10. After hard reset, OS disk showing no volumes/partitions

in Windows 10 Support
    After hard reset, OS disk showing no volumes/partitions: Hi everyone, I've searched high and low on Google for the specific issue that I'm having, but I can't seem to figure this out. About a year ago, I built my own computer. I have my OS (Windows 10) installed on a Plextor M6 256 SSD. Today, for about the fourth time in a...