Windows 10: Access denied disabling Built-in Elevated "Administrator" Account

Discus and support Access denied disabling Built-in Elevated "Administrator" Account in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Following an internet tutorial to disable Group Policies at start-up, I've found out somewhere on my PC ( domain=9PP0802 ) that I only had read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by netkingcool, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Access denied disabling Built-in Elevated "Administrator" Account

Following an internet tutorial to disable Group Policies at start-up, I've found out somewhere on my PC ( domain=9PP0802 ) that I only had read permissions. Full Control, was in the hand of the mighty Built-in Elevated "Administrator" Account. So I've tried to change permissions - No success and so . . . I've tried to disable the God Account - No success !

That being said, if there's someone out there, with enough skills to lend me a hand, I would appreciate it and will be always much obliged.

Antonio

:)

netkingcool, Apr 21, 2017

2. Windows 10 (enabling administrator account)

It's not working. "Access is denied" message shows up.

Saher_Aamir, Apr 21, 2017
  3. administrative account

Hi,

If you are talking about the Built in admin account, that gets disabled due to the fact that that it has UAC disabled. Quoting:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2969-enable...

By default, this "Administrator" account will not be prompted by UAC. Anything that runs while signed in to this "Administrator" account will also have full unrestricted access to the PC, so it is not recommended to use the built-in "Administrator" account
    for everyday usage. It's recommended to only enable and use the built-in "Administrator" account as needed instead.

Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 21, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Access denied disabling Built-in Elevated "Administrator" Account

The built-in Administrator account is disabled by default. Your second screenshot shows that it is now enabled. You must have enabled it yourself at some time.

Your third screenshot shows Titan as the only account that isn't one of the built-in ones (Administrator, DefaultUser and Guest). This would be your user account. It is ESSENTIAL that you have at least one user account that is in the administrators group, so the first thing to do is check that Titan is an administrator. In a command prompt, type:
    net localgroup administrators

If Titan doesn't appear in the list, log in as Administrator and make Titan an administrator. You could also usefully create another local account and just use it for admin purposes.

Add User Account in Windows 10
    Change Account Type in Windows 10

When you have at least one administrator account that you can log in to, then you can disable the built-in Administrator account. You used the right command in the first screenshot, but you tried to run it in a normal command prompt. This command can only be run in a Command Prompt (Admin).

5. Ty very much for your answer. I will carefully try to follow your advice.

Antonio

netkingcool, Apr 21, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Be careful to always have at least one administrator account that you can log in to. Without one it is impossible to manage your PC. Be very careful to make an administrator BEFORE you disable, delete or demote one you don't need.

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Access denied disabling Built-in Elevated "Administrator" Account

1. Access denied disabling Built-in Elevated "Administrator" Account - Similar Threads - Access denied disabling

2. Administrator Denied Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Denied Access: I am the administrator on Windows 11 Pro and can not view all folder in file explorer. When trying to view the folders in “C:\Users\All Users”, I am denied access.This a home computer and I am the only user/account. How do I gain access to my own computer?...
  3. Administrator Denied Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Denied Access: I am the administrator on Windows 11 Pro and can not view all folder in file explorer. When trying to view the folders in “C:\Users\All Users”, I am denied access.This a home computer and I am the only user/account. How do I gain access to my own computer?...
  4. Access denied error on elevated cmd window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access denied error on elevated cmd window: HiI want to run an elevated command but get "access denied" error, however, the CMD window is indeed in administrator mode.Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.1766]c 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\Windows\system32>cd %systemroot%C:\Windows> ren...
  5. Administrator access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator access denied: Hi guys accidently on my window 11Education version a I deleted administrator account and now I'm facing problem because unable to install any software because my laptop ask for administrator privilege to install any thing...
  6. Administrator access denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator access denied: Hi guys accidently on my window 11Education version a I deleted administrator account and now I'm facing problem because unable to install any software because my laptop ask for administrator privilege to install any thing...
  7. Access Denied in elevated command prompt

Access Denied in elevated command prompt: Hello everybody, I'm trying to run a simple command in an elevated Command Prompt that acts on a folder that resides on a secondary HDD. That drive and the entirety of its contents have my only machine's user account also the administrator set as the owner, as does...
  8. Disable built in Administrator Account and it's Profile SRX1502571152ID

Disable built in Administrator Account and it's Profile SRX1502571152ID: A Microsoft support technician had me to enable the local built in Administrator account pursuant to SRX1502571152ID. I NO longer need the built-in Administrator account or the profile it created. However, I cannot find how to disable the account and how to remove the...
  9. Built-in Administrator account disabled itself

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Built-in Administrator account disabled itself: Windows 10 - 1809 I have enabled the built-in Administrator account but as soon as I log off of any account I use to enable it the Administrator account reverts to being disabled and I cannot log into it. Interestingly I booted up in Safe Mode and enabled the Administrator...
  10. Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Built-in Elevated Administrator Account in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the hidden built-in elevated Administrator account in Windows 10....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. access denied while disabling guest account in windows10