Windows 10: "Access Denied" in Notepad when trying to overwrite an .ini file.

Discus and support "Access Denied" in Notepad when trying to overwrite an .ini file. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hello new to PCs in general. Wanted to change some setting in order to get a game running (at the end of video)- Prince Of Persia 2008 : How To Set... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by hansperdman, Feb 23, 2016.

1. "Access Denied" in Notepad when trying to overwrite an .ini file.

hello
    new to PCs in general. Wanted to change some setting in order to get a game running (at the end of video)- Prince Of Persia 2008 : How To Set Resolution And Fix The Loading Problem - YouTube

but when going into /C drive where the game is placed and do the change to a specific .ini file, I save and then try to overwrite to its folder, Notepad brings up " access denied" window. I tried running Notepad as administrator and still access denied.

It says there are 3 accounts on my computer? System, me - user, and administrator. However, it says that my account IS an admin account. I very confused by all this. I managed to find the hidden admin account and login with that where it didnt have any of my programs. Im guessing this is administrator mode? I quickly went back to my user account,.

Is there anyway to merge these where I am sole Administrator? this isnt a shared computer and Im the only user. I understand there are files a user just should not mess with, but I dont want to run into access denied a lot.

I do need to read up on Windows 10 more, but any help greatly appreciated.

specs:
    intel i5 4460
    R9 280x 3gb
    8GB ram
    windows 10 64bit on SSD

:)

hansperdman, Feb 23, 2016
  2. CHE_961 Win User

NOTEPAD window with "access denied" warning appears at Start up.

Everytime I startup Windows 10 a NOTEPAD window appears within 15 seconds with a "access denied" warning. It happens always aT STARTUP . Please note that Notepad IN ITSELF WORKS ok but it is very annoying to see the Notepad window which I have not requested.
    There is some talk of an ".ini " file......I appreciate any help. Thanks

CHE_961, Feb 23, 2016
  3. Hrvi Win User
    During startup, a window pops up from Notepad with an inset window that says 'Access denied'. How do I stop this?

Hello,

I manage to solve this.

The windows .ini file was asociated with noteped. When i change this after boot no more pop up window notepad access is denied.

Thema:

"Access Denied" in Notepad when trying to overwrite an .ini file.

1. "Access Denied" in Notepad when trying to overwrite an .ini file. - Similar Threads - Access Denied Notepad

2. Access denied when trying to chang priority.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied when trying to chang priority.: When I try to change priority of my game Fifa 23 I get the text "Access denied" And i don't know why I've tried multiple tutorials on youtube and google but neither one has worked. Anyone know why i dont have acces? The game, and my account is both administartors....
  3. Access denied when trying to chang priority.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denied when trying to chang priority.: When I try to change priority of my game Fifa 23 I get the text "Access denied" And i don't know why I've tried multiple tutorials on youtube and google but neither one has worked. Anyone know why i dont have acces? The game, and my account is both administartors....
  4. Denied access when trying to share folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Denied access when trying to share folder: I am trying to share a folder to another user on the network. I am the admin and I'm logged in, I've gone through all the security settings for the file but when I run the Quickbooks Server it tells me that the file is not shared and that I do not have the appropriate...
  5. Denied access when trying to share folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Denied access when trying to share folder: I am trying to share a folder to another user on the network. I am the admin and I'm logged in, I've gone through all the security settings for the file but when I run the Quickbooks Server it tells me that the file is not shared and that I do not have the appropriate...
  6. Denied access when trying to share folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Access is denied when trying to zip a folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access is denied when trying to zip a folder: Today I noticed that my access is denied when I try and ZIP a folder. I have tried to zip numerous folders in my documents and pictures. I can edit and save files in this location, just not zip them. I have tried checking the properties in the temp folder and I should have...
  8. Can't overwrite files in a WindowsApp sub-folder (Destination Folder Access Denied)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't overwrite files in a WindowsApp sub-folder (Destination Folder Access Denied): I tried a lot of things (taking ownership, changing permissions, logging onto Administrator account), but I still can't get it to work. What I'm trying to do is replace the icons in C:\Program...
  9. Getting Access Denied Error When Trying To Rename A File.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting Access Denied Error When Trying To Rename A File.: How can I get Windows 10 to stop asking me for Administrator approval? I sign into Windows as the Administrator and it recognizes me as the Administrator but whenever I want to rename, copy or move a file, it asks me for Administrator approval. I'm the sole user of this...
  10. Access denied when trying to end task

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Access denied when trying to end task: Hello! Sometimes a process will hang for apparently no reason. The usual practice is to open Task Manager and terminate the process (select it and click End task). But there are a couple of applications that hang for good and cannot terminate them. I get an Access Denied...