Windows 10: Access denied issues

Discus and support Access denied issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; *Mad I really really need help. Either I'm the most dense human breathing or win 10 is to blame. I have tried everything I can to set sharing as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 1gunslinger, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Access denied issues

*Mad

I really really need help. Either I'm the most dense human breathing or win 10 is to blame.
    I have tried everything I can to set sharing as admin. and I just keep getting access denied.
    It will accept my change but will not allow it after clicking OK. Always some message telling
    me sorry charlie no luck, access denied!
    Why is it that MS has to make this so hard if I'm the owner and the only user and the admin.
    why does it shut me out of my own files. OH they ought to make a box to check to tell that I'm
    the only one who ever uses my computer and I have no state secrets to hide, so little chance a
    hacker spy will work his rear off hacking my computer. I just simply want to access my records
    to find a recent paypal payment record.
    Any help would be appreciated with this dilemma .
    Thanks in advance

:)

1gunslinger, Dec 30, 2015
  2. Romel Ram Win User
    Romel Ram, Dec 30, 2015
  3. windows 10, start button does nothing. Event Log: access denied Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service event id 1542

Get-AppXPackage : Access is denied. Access is denied in Windows 10

Nothing is working for HP LAPTOP to solve this Issue.

Please provide help

Regards

Harshvardhan Jain

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

HarshvardhanJain, Dec 30, 2015
  4. b1rd Win User

Access denied issues

I'm not too familiar with the sharing options, however, I have been reading up on some of the "Access Denied" issues, which seem to be centered around "taking ownership." Perhaps there's something HERE that will help.

Regards,

5. I appreciate your reply!
    However the link did not work. I do appreciate your response though. I have had similar issue over the years with different operating systems from MS, but what I learned with those doesn't work here with 10. Just crazyness.
    Thanks
    /Dave

6. b1rd Win User
    Try it again. I just made some corrections. I also looked through the article myself in more detail, and there might be something to help you out.

Take ownership of files and get full access in Windows 10

7. The link worked.
    Thanks again! Yes this looks promising. I will read this and try what ever it has to fix this issue....maybe.

8. b1rd Win User

Access denied issues

Yes, good luck.

If you're not too familiar with Win-10, or if that site looks a bit daunting, it might be good to set a system restore point first. (However, making these changes are actually pretty easy)

Create a system restore point - Windows Help -

9. Word Man Win User
    LOL. For what it's worth, 1gunslinger, I totally sympathize and empathize with your frustration! I can never tell if these things are by design or if it's just a new reality that I am, in effect, now a MS beta tester by having taken the leap into the free Win10 upgrade! I don't think you're dense. At least, worst case, you have plenty of company (including myself) in that density. I see no reason we should have to make manual permission/ownership changes to overcome these difficulties

Anyways, it looks like b1rd has you on your way to improvising, adapting to, and overcoming the situation. That's one of the best things about Tenforums!

Word Man, Dec 30, 2015
  10. Thank you, at least I don't feel left out....
    I read and reread the item that was given so graciously by b1rd. However, after applying all of those assorted actions alas I am still somewhat dense, because it was all for nought. I am still denied access. I have been one of MS's biggest defenders for years despite any problem I might encounter. I am about at the end of that long suffering position though. I'm getting to old for the aggravation, no patience anymore I guess. I think I may have gotten around it by altering my UAC control down to the point where anyone can effectively do anything to my computer which is no doubt dangerous but I'll die with luck before the bad guys get me.
    Thanks for your post Word Man, it is always good to hear I do not suffer alone.

/Dave PS, b1rd if your still by the side, I do appreciate your help. I and my computer both just need a long vacation to a beach with white sand and palm trees.

1gunslinger, Dec 31, 2015
  11. Aravis1 Win User
    I too have done all this and STILL can't get access. I get an error message about failing to enumerate all objects in container. It's Documents and settings! I also cannot find the TakeOwnershipEx app and would really like to get it.
    I too

Aravis1, Dec 31, 2015
  12. Aravis1 Win User
    I went back in to Explorer, and found a second entry for Everyone. This entry showed Deny. When I changed that to Allow, the folder was unlocked. In case anyone else finds this too! And i hope it lasts....

Aravis1, Dec 31, 2015
  13. Access denied issues

Hi Aravis1

Yes I ran into the allow and or deny pulldown menu and I was already on allow, but it made no difference. I switched it to deny and saved it, then switched it back to allow hoping to make a difference but again nothing. Like I said I am to old for the aggravation. Ms just doesn't want to let us control our machines. This has always been a problem and after long while of reading and making changes I could generally get around it and access my files but "ten" with all of its crazy stuff and my lack of patience has just about whipped me.
    I do thank all of those who have given me help, but at this point I'm just going to drop the file folder on a USB stick and see if I can get at it one my wife's computer. If not I will just forget it. I stopped watching TV when they changed to digital because of poor quality and trouble getting signals. If after 60 plus years of nightly viewing I can shut it off and not look back, I'm hoping I can do that with computers as well. Not having a computer in my life would make life less congested because it seems the thing requires half of my day just taking care of mundane things...email, news and weather an occasional purchase and naturally the up to date political drama. I can probably go back to paper files if my writing hand doesn't give out and deny me a pencil or pen.
    Thanks everyone.
    /Dave

1gunslinger, Dec 31, 2015
  14. Aravis1 Win User
    I do know the feeling! I will tell you though, that on another forum someone mentioned an app called TakeOwnershipEx . I downloaded this, it puts a menu item in Explorer, and when I ran it, it gave access to every file on the computer. Took quite a while but it is worth it. Might be worth your doing it too. I remember I had something like it in previous Windows versions, though taht one did only one item at a time. Hope it helps!

Aravis1, Dec 31, 2015
  15. One of the links given me, I think it was in the second response I got, it had that link to the TakeOwnershipEx file.
    I didn't use it because I'm always leary of putting those kinds of programs on my hard drive when I don't know what they might be capable of doing. I did it once years ago and a woman from Finland took control of my computer and used it to send spam causing
    me a great deal of heartache and headache before I finally got every trace of her controlling program removed from my hard drive.
    I thought hard about that take ownership file, because it sounded so easy to use and like you say it opens everything, just what I wanted.
    I'm sure I miss out on good downloadable programs I could make use of, but once burnt twice shy and I never again want to spend 6 months working to remove a trojan...bot or what ever it is they call those things.
    Again I appreciate your help as well as everyone else who chipped in its a good forum.
    I wish for you and the others a very Happy and prosperous New Year.
    Be safe! /Dave

1gunslinger, Jan 1, 2016
Thema:

Access denied issues

1. Access denied issues - Similar Threads - Access denied issues

2. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access Denied: I receive this message. Access Denied You don't have permission to access "http://www.kingsoopers.com/" on this server.Reference #18.94bf2617.1662145515.2efa39f. The website address has "https:". I have tried different suggestions to fix this but they haven't helped....
  3. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Denied: Hello. Why can't File explorer not access my external disk drive but computer detects it. Disk management shows that the drive is healthy, online and allocated. Chckdsk found no errors. Trouble shooter from disk management also can't find errors but when I want to access the...
  4. Access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access is denied: I try to get on Fox news website and I get a "access is denied" . how do I fix it? HP laptop w/win 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-is-denied/4cdbc5fa-1e6b-42a6-aa48-1a36f8945e67
  5. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access Denied: I tried to turn on Windows Developer mode and it says "Access Denied". Can I get some help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied/cb69b709-417b-4627-bf8b-c0afe456548a
  6. Access denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access denied: Having originally getting a warning that my desk top was not available after getting some updates i followed the instructions and copy paste the desktop file but now when rebooting desktop does not come up with the warning access is denied Back to square one !!...
  7. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access Denied: Until a week or so ago I was able to go to the Argos website, but now I am refused with an Access Denied message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied/ca707c4d-a849-4099-8df1-dbd15ebbeb6d
  8. Folder access denied issue

Folder access denied issue: [ATTACH] When I try to delete this folder, I get an error saying "Folder access denied". I am an administrator but it does not allow me to delete the folder. I need to delete it because my Microsoft Edge is no longer functioning and would like to reinstall it via...
  9. Hard Drive Access is denied issue.

Hard Drive Access is denied issue.: first its giving error ( F:\ is not accessible the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable ) i try this cmd (chkdsk /f f:) https://windowsreport.com/access-is-denied-windows-10/ and now i'm getting new error (Access is denied) i changed its Owners permissions and my...
  10. Access is denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Access is denied: I'm trying to free on space on Drive C: and cannot get into "Documents and Settings" or see what space it's using. Just "not accessible Access is Denied". It looks like it's a shortcut, not a folder. Guess it's a Win 10 thing ? Can I get around this anyhow ?...