Windows 10: Access denied when copying pictures in Win 10?

Discus and support Access denied when copying pictures in Win 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have just upgraded to Win 10 but now when I try to save pictures from my Nokia it says access denied, even the Nokia suite does not sync? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jonesnewton, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Access denied when copying pictures in Win 10?

Hi,
    I have just upgraded to Win 10 but now when I try to save pictures from my Nokia it says access denied, even the Nokia suite does not sync?
    I tried to use snipping tool to capture the dialogue box but I can not save that either, tho I have copied it below.
    I have lowered UAC status, but that does not work?
    Anyone else have this issue?

:)

jonesnewton, Aug 9, 2015

2. Access denied when copying or even opening files Windows 10

Hello Emilian,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Regret the inconvenience you have experienced.

From your description, we're unable to conclude where exactly the problem lies. Try like this. Instead of coping the entire folder, try to copy the folder content alone to your PC to see if it allows you. Also try copying the file to different location
    other than the one you're trying now.

If you have another flash drive, then connect it to your PC, then try to copy the backup content directly to that flash drive. Say for example, first connect the drive which you made back up files, then connect another empty flash drive at the same
    time. Now move the content from the back up drive to the flash drive to see if move the content without issues. If it does, then try to copy back the content to desired location to your PC.

Keep us posted the outcome.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Access denied when copying or even opening files Windows 10

I had a genuine copy of Win10 on my pc, and I had some documents stored in one single folder. I decided to encrypt it (and all the subfolders and files) by going into the folder properties and selecting "Advanced" and then selecting "Encrypt contents to
    secure data". I also ticked the "read-only" option in the properties window. After that I copied that folder on my external HDD and kept it there as backup. I think I had also denied some of the write permissions (in the Security tab of the properties menu).
    From time to time I would update that documents folder on my external HHD with the new/updated files from my PC, thus constantly having an identical folder on my PC and on my HDD.

Today I decided to reset my pc and clean reinstall windows. I selected the "Reset my PC" option in the settings menu, choosing to delete everything. I had backups of all my important files and media (not only that documents folder mentioned above) on my
    HDD, so I went on with the Windows installation.

After it was complete, when trying to copy the files and folders from my HDD drive back to their places on my pc, the famous documents folder could not be copied. It kept giving me error about the access being denied, as I don't have permissions for it.
    I tried decrypting the folder and all the files within, but it gives me the same error. I checked all the permissions, enabled full control for everything and everyone, it simply won't work, it won't allow me to copy the stuff back on my pc, not even view
    it from within the HDD.

I have searched and viewed many threads on the internet about similar permissions issues, I simply don't know what to do anymore.

I found a thread where someone suggested something about the encryption key certificate and possessing it or not (honestly I didn't really understand what was that user saying), but from my small theoretical knowledge about encryption keys and their need
    for decryption, I am starting to fear that somehow this fresh version of Windows does not have the key, and thus it cannot decrypt my files.

Can someone please tell me this is not the case and that something can be done? I don't recall at all being given some encryption key because I would've stored it and I would've known about it.

Emilian C., Aug 9, 2015
  4. NigelTown Win User

Access denied when copying pictures in Win 10?

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with all my apps - the only way I can stop this happening is to right click on the app and select 'Run As Administrator' - which seems crazy the is only one microsoft account on the machine, but does not seen to have Admin privilages and I can't see how to give that!!!! *Mad

NigelTown, Aug 9, 2015
  5. Running as elevated user all the time is a dumb from a security perspective. Windows, IOS, and Linux these days do not run as admin by default. Right click, run as admin will elevate your account to admin for that specific task or application. No one should be running as admin on their machine all the time in my opinion.
    Jonesnewton
    Where are you trying to save the documents to or from? Various users are having to take ownership of various folders that they no longer control after updating. Try using the snipping tools and save the images to the desktop, there shouldn't be any issues with permissions in that location.

chris1neji, Aug 9, 2015
  6. Hi,
    I saved it to desktop and it works.

Access denied when copying pictures in Win 10? [​IMG]

I am trying to save pictures from Nokia folder via bluetooth to Pictures folder, but it does not allow it?

jonesnewton, Aug 9, 2015
  7. Don't save to pictures folder try saving the folder to desktop. If that fails try a single image to the desktop if that still fails are you able to save any images from the internet to desktop?

chris1neji, Aug 9, 2015
  8. Keldian Win User

Lowering the slider doesn't fully disable UAC. You have to change a registry value (WARNING: breaks store apps).

To do so, run this in CMD:
    Code: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f[/quote]

Keldian, Aug 9, 2015
  9. Barman58 Win User
    Barman58, Aug 9, 2015
  10. NigelTown Win User
    That seems a very clumsy way to have to proceed, I have many thousands of images, documents and other files, collected over many years - I just want to be able to access them; it's not like they are not mine! Looking closer, the computer is seems to be confused between my new Microsoft account and my old 'Windows 7' user account, sometimes when it asks for a passowrd it means the password to the old account, but I thought that had been subsumed into the Windows 10 Microsoft account. It would seem not.

The my Douments and the Outlook folders were moved onto a separate drive, when I installed an SSD, as I did not want too much dynamic content on there and space is limited. Putting many thousands of 24Mb, RAW image files onto the desktop is not an option.

NigelTown, Aug 9, 2015
  11. Keldian Win User
    It's as clumsy as the current state of W10. Microsoft have forced us to do this, by locking down the filesystem to unreasonable levels, so desperate times call for desperate measures.

However, if you're looking for a full-scale, clean method of moving files off the SSD, I direct you here: Users Folder - Move Location in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Keldian, Aug 9, 2015
  12. jonesnewton, Aug 9, 2015
  13. Access denied when copying pictures in Win 10?

Hi yes I can save an image direct to desktop from Nokia - Mobile folder.
    I tried the fix Take Ownership - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums but it did not work?

Thanks

jonesnewton, Aug 9, 2015
  14. [/quote] This also gives me access denied??

jonesnewton, Aug 9, 2015
  15. Strange thing, I can copy all pictures to desktop then move the folder to Pictures?
    It would be nice to resolve this tho??

jonesnewton, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Access denied when copying pictures in Win 10? - Similar Threads - Access denied copying

2. Desktop is not accessible. Access is denied, win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop is not accessible. Access is denied, win 10: Hello, i have windows 10 and I dont know what happened but when i turned it on today few wierd things happened.1. my desktop is black and i have only recycle bin icon on it2. My keyboard language has been switched3. When i go into file explorer > this computer > desktop It...
  3. Desktop is not accessible. Access is denied, win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop is not accessible. Access is denied, win 10: Hello, i have windows 10 and I dont know what happened but when i turned it on today few wierd things happened.1. my desktop is black and i have only recycle bin icon on it2. My keyboard language has been switched3. When i go into file explorer > this computer > desktop It...
  4. Desktop is not accessible. Access is denied, win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. External disk Access denied - Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External disk Access denied - Win 10: Greetings fellow frustrated PC owners & operatorsAttempting to recover the data from a notebook that stopped booting “Preparing automatic repair…” message on startup. Replaced the disk and installed Windows and Apps from scratch. Connected the old disk in a USB housing to...
  6. External disk Access denied - Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External disk Access denied - Win 10: Greetings fellow frustrated PC owners & operatorsAttempting to recover the data from a notebook that stopped booting “Preparing automatic repair…” message on startup. Replaced the disk and installed Windows and Apps from scratch. Connected the old disk in a USB housing to...
  7. External disk Access denied - Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Win 10 partition access denied

Win 10 partition access denied: So I added another SSD to my PC the other day booted up and all ok and I even started to install some games on it all ok. But all of a sudden my Local Drive D can't be accessed saying that Access is Denied and I don't have permission, I tried to navigate to sub folders in it...
  9. Access denied to copy 'autorun.inf' file.

Access denied to copy 'autorun.inf' file.: Hey there!! I was creating a Windows 10 Media setup, but it failed. So I downloaded Windows 10 ISO Image and extracted it with PowerISO. It worked well till here. After that, while transferring the extracted files to a USB drive, access to the 'autorun.inf' was denied. And...
  10. "Destination Folder Access Denied" when copying to ReadyNAS NV+

"Destination Folder Access Denied" when copying to ReadyNAS NV+: Hi, hopefully someone has overcome this issue already. I received the Windows 10 upgrade and things worked fine - including copying files to my NAS. However I decided to do a clean install on a new SSD drive and when logged into that Windows 10 I cannot copy files to my NAS....