Windows 10: Access denied when trying to end task

Discus and support Access denied when trying to end task in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello! Sometimes a process will hang for apparently no reason. The usual practice is to open Task Manager and terminate the process (select it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by spapakons, Dec 22, 2015.

1. spapakons Win User

Access denied when trying to end task

Hello!

Sometimes a process will hang for apparently no reason. The usual practice is to open Task Manager and terminate the process (select it and click End task). But there are a couple of applications that hang for good and cannot terminate them. I get an Access Denied error when I click End task. If I wait for VERY long time (maybe half an hour or more) maybe this process will eventually quit and close. But this is not always the case. Most practically I have to reset the computer (trying to restart or shutdown the whole computer hangs and never completes the action). This usually happens in Nero Video and Windows Explorer. In Nero Video, if I try to click to select project or to import media on the project, it might hang. This is really annoying as I have several videos waiting editing to free my hard disk space. Other times when I click on the start button, Windows Explorer hangs (I have Classic Shell installed, but I don't think this causes any issues). Has anybody any idea what's going on and how can I solve it? I have already searched for malware, but didn't find anything serious, just some privacy warnings which I have removed.

Thank you in advance.

PS: What means that a process is "suspended"? How can I resume it?

Access denied when trying to end task [​IMG]

:)

spapakons, Dec 22, 2015

2. Windows 10 Task Manager Priority.

Access is denied when I try to end mcafee on task manager on admin too? Is it definetely the problem then?

MarkHendall, Dec 22, 2015
  3. 'Access denied' suddenly when trying to access external hard drive (WD Passport 2tb on Win 10)

C:\WINDOWS\system32>takeown /D

ERROR: Invalid syntax. Value expected for '/D'.

Type "TAKEOWN /?" for usage.

Okay, sorry, I was a bit too quick with that reply. Here's what to write (of course Access denied when trying to end task :p)

D:\>TAKEOWN /F D: (where D: is the letter of the hard drive)

SUCCESS: The file (or folder): "D:\" now owned by user (my directory)

Now I'm about to enter CACLS (external drive letter) /G Administrator:F
    and just before I run that command I want to make sure I'm not about to erase and format the disk. Just to make sure. The y/n option is always so serious :/

Thanks!

JakobOvergaard, Dec 22, 2015
Thema:

Access denied when trying to end task

1. Access denied when trying to end task - Similar Threads - Access denied trying

2. Access denied when trying to chang priority.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied when trying to chang priority.: When I try to change priority of my game Fifa 23 I get the text "Access denied" And i don't know why I've tried multiple tutorials on youtube and google but neither one has worked. Anyone know why i dont have acces? The game, and my account is both administartors....
  3. Access denied when trying to chang priority.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denied when trying to chang priority.: When I try to change priority of my game Fifa 23 I get the text "Access denied" And i don't know why I've tried multiple tutorials on youtube and google but neither one has worked. Anyone know why i dont have acces? The game, and my account is both administartors....
  4. Denied access when trying to share folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Denied access when trying to share folder: I am trying to share a folder to another user on the network. I am the admin and I'm logged in, I've gone through all the security settings for the file but when I run the Quickbooks Server it tells me that the file is not shared and that I do not have the appropriate...
  5. Task Manager Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Manager Access Denied: Hello Community, I recently wanted to terminate end a task a task that keeps crashing my PC. As i click *End Task* it shows up 'Access Denied'. How can i fix this? sorry if its low detailed, if you need more info just reply...
  6. Access is denied when trying to zip a folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access is denied when trying to zip a folder: Today I noticed that my access is denied when I try and ZIP a folder. I have tried to zip numerous folders in my documents and pictures. I can edit and save files in this location, just not zip them. I have tried checking the properties in the temp folder and I should have...
  7. Error: Access Denied, when trying to change priority of a game in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error: Access Denied, when trying to change priority of a game in Task Manager: When is go to task manager as an administrator and try to change the priority of a game i get the message 'access denied ' ***Original title: Task Manager 'access denied'***...
  8. Task Manager 'access denied'

Task Manager 'access denied': When is go to task manager as an administrator and try to change the priority of a game i get the message 'access denied ' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-access-denied/472e548c-c469-4a62-8771-d44284bbd8b0
  9. Task Manager gives me an access denied error when I try to set affinity or end a process.

Task Manager gives me an access denied error when I try to set affinity or end a process.: I can't change Task Manager gives me an access denied error when I try to set affinity or end a process and i lowered to UAC already too and tried many times....
  10. TASK MANAGER "ACCESS DENIED"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TASK MANAGER "ACCESS DENIED": Hello there i was installing a new software call music maker 2017 steam edition on my pc so i opened all good for this point but it started to crash and after that i decided well maybe is a bugg i would turn off my pc . i turn off the pc i started as normal but this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. access denied end task