Windows 10: Access shared folder works for one user only

Discus and support Access shared folder works for one user only in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 desktop computers, both running Windows 10. PC1 has a shared folder (shared to "Everyone"). PC2 has 2 users. Logging in as userA I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rodrigo, Nov 26, 2015.

1. rodrigo Win User

Access shared folder works for one user only

I have 2 desktop computers, both running Windows 10.
    PC1 has a shared folder (shared to "Everyone").
    PC2 has 2 users.
    Logging in as userA I can access the shared folder on PC1. But as userB I cannot.
    Both users have the same user groups: Administrators and HomeUsers.
    I have tried to set another user, but it didn't work too.
    It seems userA is the lucky one forever *Huh.
    Please, help me! I'm desperate... *Tongue No, just kidding...
    (Sorry for my bad english. I actually don't speak it.)

:)

rodrigo, Nov 26, 2015

2. File sharing not working on network

I have 8 computers connected to a network through a server (Windows Server 2012 R2).

I am trying to share files with a specific computer user only. File sharing is enabled. (It works on a folder that I share with everyone).

I have shared the file, removed the user everyone, and added the user that I wish to share with. Permissions are to share the folder with this user only. The folder is visible over the network however all users, including the ones with permission are told
    they do not have access to the resource. This is ok for 7 of the 8 users, but the 8th one needs access to this folder. What am I missing here.

TeresaAPhillips, Nov 26, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10 multiple Users shortcuts

Glad that worked for you, the Public Folder is now the preferred method of sharing files between users . . .

One thing, the folder you created on David's Desktop, did you share that folder and add Ben to the users that could access that folder - might be worth a look!

Right click the folder on the desktop, choose Properties

On the Sharing Tab, click 'Share'

Then add Ben to the list of users that can access that folder

DaveM121, Nov 26, 2015
Thema:

Access shared folder works for one user only

1. Access shared folder works for one user only - Similar Threads - Access shared folder

2. Shared files and folders only works one way

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared files and folders only works one way: I used to be able to access shared folders and files between two computers connected to the same network. This gave me the ability to perform Macrium Reflect backups to external storage on my laptop, from my Windows tablet. Now, when I try to access remote storage from the...
  3. Shared files and folders only works one way

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared files and folders only works one way: I used to be able to access shared folders and files between two computers connected to the same network. This gave me the ability to perform Macrium Reflect backups to external storage on my laptop, from my Windows tablet. Now, when I try to access remote storage from the...
  4. Two User Folder Names, but only one User Account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two User Folder Names, but only one User Account?: In File Explorer with Show All Files ON, I show at the same folder level the following: User folder N. P., and This PC. When I drill down into the C drive under This PC, and then further down to User Folders under C, I see the user folder name NP629, which is my Microsoft...
  5. File Sharing works only in one direction

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Sharing works only in one direction: Hello people, I have one laptop and one desktop. Both with the latest windows updates and connected to the same wifi network. They both have the same settings in the "Advanced Sharing Settings" (turned on network discovery, file and printer sharing for private networks, the...
  6. Users can't access to the shared network folder

Users can't access to the shared network folder: Hello, One of the user can't access to the "old" shared folder. It's weird, because i've created group "test" and "new" folder to share. Both old and new one folder got "test" group in the Security Tab (Full Control). And now. Old one say's - you dont have permission...
  7. Network User Folder Sharing Not Working

Network User Folder Sharing Not Working: I have four computers, two brand new, with brand new installations of Windows 10 Pro. I have all file sharing features that I can find turned on properly. Private network elected on all computers. Network detection on. Sharing of folders on. I confirmed sharing by...
  8. Shared Folders on two computers, only works one way

Shared Folders on two computers, only works one way: I have two computers on my home network (MSHOME), I'll call them 75 and 30 (last octet of the LAN IP). 30 is named NEW-PC and 75 is named HP-PC, 75 has the entire C: drive shared as HP-PC-C and 30 has the entire D: drive shared as New-PC-D. Both are setup the same way,...
  9. Two user sharing one folder

Two user sharing one folder: Hi all, If 2 users both use the same folder to do work on, and 1 user account is deleted, will it delete that folder so as the other user will loose everything in there ? 115796
  10. share folders with one user only on another pc

share folders with one user only on another pc: lets say i have two pcs A and B. workgroup and etc configured. is it possible to share a folder in B with the user \A\User3 only?! i'm going crazy but can't find anything... thanks 64044