Windows 10: Access to Numerous Sites Denied

Discus and support Access to Numerous Sites Denied in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have Firefox 57.0.2, Windscribe VPN and Malwarebytes Pro on this desktop. I used to be able to click on a link that I know is safe, but now, I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Wynona, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Wynona Win User

Access to Numerous Sites Denied

I have Firefox 57.0.2, Windscribe VPN and Malwarebytes Pro on this desktop.

I used to be able to click on a link that I know is safe, but now, I cannot. Something is denying me access and I am more or less crippled.

I'm a bit tired of this, but I'm not sure who/what is causing this.

:)

Wynona, Dec 16, 2017
  2. zion---01 Win User

Unable to open wap sites in n82(error: access denied)

ok,but cau you please tell how to get wap settings for this phone.

zion---01, Dec 16, 2017
  3. zion---01 Win User
    Unable to open wap sites in n82(error: access denied)

Hi

I am using N82 ,i have activated gprs and tried opening wap sites its giving error as access denied.Can anyone please help me to access it

zion---01, Dec 16, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

What links are being blocked, and what is blocking them, do you know?

simrick, Dec 17, 2017
  5. jamis Win User
    I have no issues with FF v57.0.2, but am not running your VPN nor Malwarebytes PRO and I have a different W10 version. I am running NIS. Give us the URLs that are problematic for better assistance. I'm assuming you have no blacklisted sites in FF. Does your Malwarebytes do automatic or dynamic updates without your knowledge?

jamis, Dec 17, 2017
  6. lx07 Win User
    What link?

All? Some specific type? One link in particular?

Give us a clue as to what the problem is and perhaps we can see if it is just you.

7. Wynona Win User
    @ simrick @jamis @Ix07

So far, the problem is that when I'm denied, things disappear so I can't get a copy of the URL I wanted to go to. From the little I've seen, it looks like I'm being sent to an advertisement to what I want to look at, but can't. I know this doesn't make any sense, so I'll have to regroup and see if I can come up with some kind of hint . . .

So far, I don't have a clue as to what's preventing my access.

Wynona, Dec 17, 2017
  8. Barman58 Win User

Barman58, Dec 17, 2017
  9. Wynona Win User
    I think I may not have made my situation clear, Nigel. Although I will most certainly look into those links! Never can have too much help/safety/knowledge!

OK, hypothetically, I'm on Newegg.com and click on a link to a specific hard drive. Newegg attempts to send me there, but it's the advertisement/information on the hard drive I'm interested in. Something steps in and prevents my looking at that advertisement/information.

Wynona, Dec 17, 2017
  10. Barman58 Win User
    Strange it's on Newegg, as they're a well known seller, but there could be some form of hijack in place that's taking you to an affiliate link (where a 3rd party will get a fee for sending potential buyers to a particular site. Used correctly it helps legitimate sites to pay for their costs. It could of course be leading you to fake order sites in the hope of you giving bank info.

One other thing you may try is setting your DNS in your Router to a different server, I use Googles for testing 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 could be it's a DNS glitch you're seeing

Barman58, Dec 17, 2017
  11. Wynona Win User
    OK, I think I got it now:

Denied.docx

Well, that didn't work, unless you have Microsoft Word!

Back to the drawing board. More than one way to make this dog hunt.

Wynona, Dec 17, 2017
  12. Barman58 Win User
    Is that file the cause of your issue or an list of causes? Obviously that would change How I treat it *Wink

Barman58, Dec 17, 2017
  13. Wynona Win User

I go to Amazon.com and search canning supplies. The following link comes up:

Access to Numerous Sites Denied [​IMG]

So, I click on the link "Discover How Our Tools . . ." and get this:

Access to Numerous Sites Denied [​IMG]

Whew!

Wynona, Dec 17, 2017
  14. Wynona Win User
    Sorry, Nigel, the Newegg was a hypothetical "this is what happens" thing. My Post #11 is the real deal.

As additional info, when I search for something on Amazon, I sometimes get "sponsored ads" such as the one in this illustration. These generally come up at the very top of the page. Since I know Amazon is safe, I click on some of their sponsored ads if I want to check something out.

At other times, the search brings up both Prime and not Prime stuff. Sometimes the "not prime" stuff will give me the bad results.

Wynona, Dec 17, 2017
  15. essenbe Win User
Thema:

1. Access to Numerous Sites Denied - Similar Threads - Access Numerous Sites

2. ACCESS DENIED ONLY ON MACYS SITE IN WINDOWS 10!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ACCESS DENIED ONLY ON MACYS SITE IN WINDOWS 10!: Hello, This just suddenly happened! I was trying to navigate to the Macy's website when I got the message access denied, code # 18.ca6ccd17.1684103295.1151391d. I shut down my VPN and that didn't work! This has never happened before on a department store website.I tried other...
  3. ACCESS DENIED ONLY ON MACYS SITE IN WINDOWS 10!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ACCESS DENIED ONLY ON MACYS SITE IN WINDOWS 10!: Hello, This just suddenly happened! I was trying to navigate to the Macy's website when I got the message access denied, code # 18.ca6ccd17.1684103295.1151391d. I shut down my VPN and that didn't work! This has never happened before on a department store website.I tried other...
  4. ACCESS DENIED ONLY ON MACYS SITE IN WINDOWS 10!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. access denied to specific site

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    access denied to specific site: I finally succeeded in setting up an account at irs.gov and now then I put my user name in it says access denied and has a big long code following the the denial. Why is this happening?...
  6. Access Denied para entrar no site do meu banco

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access Denied para entrar no site do meu banco: Ola,Quando eu tento entrar na minha conta bancarria da Caixa Economica eu recebo a mensagem de erro : Access Denied You don't have permission to access "http://internetbanking.caixa.gov.br/sinbc/" on this server. Reference #18.4c14e8ac.1622558333.50cf3c45. Eu ja deletei o...
  7. Access Denied to Numerous Folders on c: drive!

Access Denied to Numerous Folders on c: drive!: Hi, I am having an issue recently where numerous folders and/or sub-folders on my c: drive will not allow access when I try to open them in Explorer. I get the following error: [ATTACH] There are other folders that generate the same error, including several in the...
  8. denied access to department store sites???

denied access to department store sites???: HELP!!!! I cannot shop online and keep getting access denied!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/denied-access-to-department-store-sites/6af582d5-b5d4-44d6-9634-c5111ecaf83e
  9. web site access denied

web site access denied: How to waste a day! Since I updated Windows 10 to 1809 today I have spent 4 hours or more trying to access a web site I could access prior to the update. Here is the error message and site. I understand this is only one site however I could access it yesterday prior to the...
  10. web site access denied

web site access denied: How to waste a day! Since I updated Windows 10 to 1809 today I have spent 4 hours or more trying to access a web site I could access prior to the update. Here is the error message and site. I understand this is only one site however I could access it yesterday prior to the...