Windows 10: Access to shared folders but no access to save or move files

Discus and support Access to shared folders but no access to save or move files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Clean install of w10. I am signed in w/a local account which is also an admin account on the PC I'm saving/moving too. I have read/write access to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChrisPbass, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Access to shared folders but no access to save or move files

Clean install of w10. I am signed in w/a local account which is also an admin account on the PC I'm saving/moving too.

I have read/write access to these folders but I cannot save to the folders.

Any idea what's going on?

Access to shared folders but no access to save or move files [​IMG]

:)

ChrisPbass, Aug 23, 2015

2. Problem after Recent Update

There is a shared drive on my network which I can access with no problems using the library folder. I can find files & folders on my pc as well as the others on my network computers.

However, if I am in an application such as Excel or Word and I try to SAVE AS, the system will not allow me to access the network drive that I have always used. I can save the document only a folder on my pc, then later cut and move it to the folder I want
    on the shared drive without problems but I cannot save it to the actual folder I want when I SAVE AS. It continues to ask me to login the shared drive.

Any help you may offer will be appreciated.

BTW, no other computers on the network are having this problem; only mine.

Bethann

bgeiser286, Aug 23, 2015
  3. DaveJYD Win User
    Windows 10 PCs on home network won't share files

I have multiple Windows 10 computers that are networked together in a home network, which is "hard-wired", and as a shared homegroup. I have certain files/folders that I have set up to be shared amongst all of the computers. I have given my home network
    a unique name, and ensured that all of the PCs are part of the network, as well as all joined to the homegroup.

I have my music files, pictures, etc. stored on a "central" PC (we will call it my server). All of my PCs can access, edit, move, share, etc. all of these files but one. I also have shared files/folders on all of the PCs on my network, and this PC CAN
    access these files and folders, plus I can access the shared files/folders on this PC from all the others.

To help explain - - here is my network - I will give each PC a unique name to help describe my setup.

Server - has multiple hard drives containing multiple shared files/folders. I can access all other shared files/folders on other PCs.

Main workstation - has 2 hard drives with shared files/folders - can access
    all shared files/folders on all
    PCs and can move files/folders between any PC.

Craft PC - (my wife's) - same as above.

Weather PC - same as above

Workshop PC - has 2 hard drives with multiple shared files/folders - can access shared files & folders on all the PCs EXCEPT for the "server. I can access the shared files/folders on this PC from all the other PCs on my network except for the server (I
    can access the "public" files & folders)

I am running Win10 PRO 64 bit on all these PCs. I have taken steps to ensure that the network sharing settings are the same on all of my PCs. I have checked pretty much everything I can think of, and checked every setting. So any ideas would be helpful.

DaveJYD, Aug 23, 2015
Thema:

Access to shared folders but no access to save or move files

1. Access to shared folders but no access to save or move files - Similar Threads - Access shared folders

2. Unable to access txt file in shared folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access txt file in shared folder: Hi,I am not able to access txt file in my shared folder. I can access others files except txt file. But when I am using another laptop, I can access all files.Can someone please give me a hand? Thank you....
  3. Unable to access txt file in shared folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access txt file in shared folder: Hi,I am not able to access txt file in my shared folder. I can access others files except txt file. But when I am using another laptop, I can access all files.Can someone please give me a hand? Thank you....
  4. cannot access a shared file/folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot access a shared file/folder: I am having a problem on my new laptop computer trying to access a shared folder on my desktop computer. Both computers are on a private network along with two other laptop computers. When I start Internet Explorer on the new laptop computer and try to search the network for...
  5. No access to the shared folder

No access to the shared folder: Hi all, I have an issue with the shared folders. I did share a few folders from my PC, but they are not visible either from my laptop or streamer Dune HD base. I do see that the folders are shared when I check their status in the "Properties". In addition, I do see that the...
  6. Administrator Access to Move Any File/Save Files

Administrator Access to Move Any File/Save Files: A few months ago I got a new laptop (HP Spectre x360) and immediately set up my own account through my Microsoft account so settings were synced. I quickly noticed that any time I wanted to move a file, the pop-up asking for administrator permission would appear. This quickly...
  7. Shared folder not accessible

Shared folder not accessible: I was trying to access a shared folder from my laptop on my PC (Both are running Windows 10) when it told me that he couldn't connect to it. Diagnostics say that there might be something wrong with the DNS-Server. I also tried pinging the PC and it worked perfectly. The...
  8. Shared Folders Access

Shared Folders Access: After the latest update, in File Explorer>Network I can see computers but cannot access the shared folders on one computer. Shared folders on another computer are fully accesible. I am running Windows 10 Pro. I've searched the web and tried fixes with services.msc and...
  9. Shared folders not accessable using file folder sharing after update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Shared folders not accessable using file folder sharing after update?: Dear Forum, I like to consider myself pretty tech savvy, and knowledgeable in Windows 10 settings etc. But I am absolutely stumped on this issue. My File & Folder sharing is no longer accessible or even broadcasts over my home private Wi-Fi network, and it was working fine...
  10. Shared Folder Access

Shared Folder Access: Hi All, I had a windows 7 machine built to share a folder on my workgroup network. I slowly grew my network and begun getting an error that there was too many simultaneous connections. I was told to upgrade to server 2016 STD so i purchased it and have it installed and...