Windows 10: Access Win10 PC via Android ES File Explorer

Discus and support Access Win10 PC via Android ES File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I log into my Windows 10 PC using ES File Explorer over my home WiFi? [img] I get there using ES File Explorer but where the hell do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mrrsquared79, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Access Win10 PC via Android ES File Explorer

How do I log into my Windows 10 PC using ES File Explorer over my home WiFi?

Access Win10 PC via Android ES File Explorer [​IMG]

I get there using ES File Explorer but where the hell do I go to find those credentials??????

Cookbook instructions: move pointer here, click this, select that, check this box, uncheck this box, etc. Screenshots are appreciated

:)

mrrsquared79, Apr 30, 2016

2. Help needed trying to access media files on Windows 10 using Android ES Explorer

Hi georgeszubinskime,

I found a thread related to your issue, kindly check the link below:

Windows 10: Access Win10 PC via Android ES File Explorer

Hope it helps,

Nikko Garcia, Apr 30, 2016
  3. Help needed trying to access media files on Windows 10 using Android ES Explorer

hi Nikko

Nice suggestions ... thanks... whoami certainly returns my user and no password and ipconfig provides an ipv4 address.... however... es explorer when trying to setup a new lan server with this ip config and either a user or anonymously cannot find the server
    never mind trying to login to it...

No.... I really need someone to tell me how to use the SMB 2.0 stuff i posted

george

georgeszubinskime, Apr 30, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Access Win10 PC via Android ES File Explorer

I would think you would enter your Windows 10 username and password that you use to log into Windows 10 with.

NavyLCDR, Apr 30, 2016
  5. Yeah tried that but for some reason that doesn't work so whatever ES File Explorer needs, where do I go on my Win 10 PC to retrieve the necessary info?

mrrsquared79, Apr 30, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Open File Explorer on the Windows 10 PC. In the left column click Network. Then click on the computer name of the Windows 10 PC. The files/folders that show up on the right side are the files and folders that are shared. Right click one of them, click properties, click the sharing tab, then advanced sharing, then permissions. That will list the users that can access that file/folder.

Also on the Sharing tab of the properties screen click the link for Network and Sharing center. Is file sharing set up under the advanced sharing screen?

NavyLCDR, Apr 30, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Well, I just tried sharing on my Windows 10 laptop and I can't get into it from ES File Explorer either. My NAS works, but not the Windows 10 laptop. Have to research this further...

NavyLCDR, Apr 30, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Found out how to make it work - not sure how secure it is, though. Under All Networks turn off Password Protected Sharing:

NavyLCDR, Apr 30, 2016
  9. gijoetech1, Apr 30, 2016
  10. i access my pc via androide tablet i had to disable asking for password and yes your network becomes week or open huuuuu

gijoetech1, Apr 30, 2016
  11. This worked with my rooted android lolipop version 5.0.2, but only with Windows 7. Since upgrading to Windows 10, I can no longer wirelessly connect to my PC using android ES File Explorer. Now I have to use a USB cord. If you want to wirelessly share documents you could install (on both PC and android device) something like Evernote or FiiNote which both can sychronize notes on each device whether created on android or PC.

namitutonka, Nov 10, 2016
  12. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

I have the same problem - I can logon to any Linux system from Android devices (TV / Phone etc) I have on the Lan (user + password for authentication) -- windows 10 systems shows up - get logon screen then nothing !!!!!

XP VM is fine, but W10 !!!!!!!!!

My Smart TV sees W10 but can't access any files --even though shared whereas Linux NAS access - absolutely no problem.

The only applications my smart phone controls that access Windows 10 are PLEX media server and Bose Sound system for Wifi speakers.

The strange thing is that RDP works but not file browsing with ES-file browser. VLC on the phone doesn't see W10 files either.

I've more or less given up with Windows Networking for any sort of file serving unless I really have to have it.

To get Windows files on Android devices I access them via the LINUX machine as a roundabout way as the SAMBA SMB protocol from Linux accesses windows - no problem.

Please Ms FIX Windows networking -- seems always a hit and miss affair whether things work -- Networking these days even on home computers is really mainstream and should work OOB with proper security --at least password / user. Shouldn't have to disable that at all.

What a dogs dinner !!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 10, 2016
  13. Access Win10 PC via Android ES File Explorer

Windows 10 supports Bluetooth send/receive file transfer. I have used this successfully to/from Android phone & Windows 10 PC. Although bluetooth is much slower than wireless ES File Explorer transfers. I can also still use the trusty USB cord for successful file transfers. Both methods, Bluetooth & USB, are not as easy to use as the lost ability of ES File Explorer's LAN networking transfer, as well as using it's file/folder exploring capability while doing so.

namitutonka, Nov 18, 2016
  14. leanf Win User
    leanf, Nov 23, 2016
  15. Thank you leanf,
    After opening an administrative prompt, and entering "whoami", it reported computer_name\user_name, in my case 10desktop\m. It did not report any password. Afterward I got my current PC's ipv4 IP address by running from my PC's command prompt, "ipconfig /all", then entered that IP into my android phone's ES File Explorer LAN configuration screen to add a server. Now I can share files from my PC within my phone's ES File Explorer. I am not sure if this was the solution or yesterday's finally successfully networking three PC's on my LAN, since I did not attempt adding a server into my android ES File Explorer before your (leafn) "whoami" command.

I suspect it was due to networking my homegroup which I have failed to do for several weeks. I added file permissions to "Everyone". On my Windows10 PCs, I right-clicked the folders I wanted to share, clicked "Properties", clicked "Sharing", clicked "Advanced Sharing", ticked "Share this folder", clicked "Permissions" (if Everyone is not already in the box of "Group or user names, then click "Add", click Advanced". click "Find Now", highlight "Everyone" and any others you wish to add by holding down CTRL, click "OK", then click "OK on the next screen) highlighted "Everyone", ticked "Full Control" "Change", and "Read" boxes, clicked "OK, clicked "OK on the next screen, then finally clicked "Close".

namitutonka, Nov 26, 2016
Thema:

1. Access Win10 PC via Android ES File Explorer - Similar Threads - Access Win10 via

2. Networked PC's on Windows 10: Can access via //computer name, but not in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Networked PC's on Windows 10: Can access via //computer name, but not in file explorer: Seems many encounter difficulties with networking with Windows 10. After a review of multiple web site posts, I remain confused.I have three PC's 1 Windows 7, 2 Windows 10 hard wired to a router, and one notebook via WiFi. All have the same network name.The only PC which...
  3. Networked PC's on Windows 10: Can access via //computer name, but not in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Networked PC's on Windows 10: Can access via //computer name, but not in file explorer: Seems many encounter difficulties with networking with Windows 10. After a review of multiple web site posts, I remain confused.I have three PC's 1 Windows 7, 2 Windows 10 hard wired to a router, and one notebook via WiFi. All have the same network name.The only PC which...
  4. Networked PC's on Windows 10: Can access via //computer name, but not in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File access via Windows explorer slow

File access via Windows explorer slow: Any file access via Windows explorer Windows 10 has become painfully slow in the last week or so. This happens if I am just expanding the file tree on the left or if I am clicking on a file. It also affects any open or save actions from within programs. Things to note are:...
  6. Accessing a new File Explorer library via "shell" command

Accessing a new File Explorer library via "shell" command: I have created a library using File Explorer called "Downloads Library." What I'd like to do is open this library in a similar way as "shell:DocumentsLibrary." However, there does not seem to be a default shell "shortcut" for this library I created. Is the only remedy for...
  7. Remove Quick Access in File Explorer Win10

Remove Quick Access in File Explorer Win10: Is there a way to Remove "Quick Access" folder in Win10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-quick-access-in-file-explorer-win10/0fdb23e4-495d-4174-8fea-af02836f1d31"
  8. Access Win 10 from ES File Explorer

Access Win 10 from ES File Explorer: I'm not certain that this is the correct forum for this question but I'll ask.... I have an android media server and have installed ES File Explorer so that I can access the media server from the PC in much the same way that I can access another computer on my network. (to...
  9. Can't access to my PC via my Android device

Can't access to my PC via my Android device: I've done a Windows 10 FCU clean install I'm not able to access my shared folders via Android N devices using a simple LAN connection with Solid Explorer. The only error I get is "A problem occurred with network communication". I've tried to login with my admin password, as a...
  10. Accessing files on Android phone from Network in Windows File Explorer

Accessing files on Android phone from Network in Windows File Explorer: I'd like to access the files on my Android 7 (Nougat) Samsung S5 phone via Windows Explorer, presumably in Network (previously known as Network Locations?). Is that possible? 83436

Users found this page by searching for:

1. es file explorer how tp know username and password pc