Windows 10: Accessibility: More inclusive web with Microsoft Edge and Windows 10

Discus and support Accessibility: More inclusive web with Microsoft Edge and Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is committed to accessibility as a core part of software design, and today we would like to share more about how Microsoft Edge is evolving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Accessibility: More inclusive web with Microsoft Edge and Windows 10

Source: Accessibility: Towards a more inclusive web with Microsoft Edge and Windows 10 | Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

:)

Brink, Sep 24, 2015

2. Edge , IE 11 and Chrome and the WEB

With many companies standardizing on IE for legacy usage and Chrome for modern usage.

Edge is a significant refactoring of Microsoft's Trident HTML rendering engine, focusing on the HTML 5 and dropping much of the legacy of earlier Internet Explorer releases. It's essentially Microsoft's Chrome

Is IE 11's inclusion in Windows 10 is as a transition aid; and can we count on its existence for much longer.

Many companies at meetings I attend intend move to Chrome.

When you use Edge and stumble on an old web page it says open in IE.

Whats your take on this?

OctavianQR, Sep 24, 2015
  3. Auto Password Storage

I'm sorry, I wasn't specific enough. To be more specific, when I leave my computer is there a function to block access requiring a password to re-access?

TurretHead, Sep 24, 2015
Thema:

Accessibility: More inclusive web with Microsoft Edge and Windows 10

1. Accessibility: More inclusive web with Microsoft Edge and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Accessibility More inclusive

2. #MSIgnite 2021: New inclusive features in Microsoft Teams and more

in Windows 10 News
    #MSIgnite 2021: New inclusive features in Microsoft Teams and more: As IT leaders, we have a responsibility to make the workplace more inclusive of the 1 billion people in the world with disabilities, by using technology developed with accessibility in mind. This week, we announced exciting new capabilities—from more flexibility...
  3. #MSIgnite 2020: New inclusive features in Microsoft Teams and more

in Windows 10 News
    #MSIgnite 2020: New inclusive features in Microsoft Teams and more: As IT leaders, we have the ability to make the work experience more inclusive of the 1 billion people in the world with disabilities with the technology products and capabilities we choose to make available to our organizations. This week, we’ve announced exciting...
  4. Making web more accessible and inclusive for all with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Making web more accessible and inclusive for all with Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] The past few months have forever changed the way we work, learn and play each day. Our routines have been entirely disrupted, and we’ve had to adapt to new ways to stay productive, entertained and healthy. This change in our global landscape has...
  5. Microsoft Edge Making web better with more open source collaboration

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Making web better with more open source collaboration: For the past few years, Microsoft has meaningfully increased participation in the open source software (OSS) community, becoming one of the world’s largest supporters of OSS projects. Today we’re announcing that we intend to adopt the Chromium open source project in the...
  6. Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web: Hello All. I have used this form for many answers but this is my first request for help. Hope I am in the right category, here goes. Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web I keep getting this... [img] Microsoft Edge Windows 10. Cannot connect to the...
  7. Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge: Starting with the most recent Windows Insider Preview release (build 14.14342), Web Notifications are enabled by default in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 PCs and tablets. This feature will be available to all Microsoft Edge customers in EdgeHTML 14, coming this summer with the...
  8. Microsoft Edge and Web Components

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge and Web Components: Editor’s note: This is part two of a two-part series on Web Components by Microsoft Edge engineers Travis Leithead and Arron Eicholz. To read more about our viewpoint and background on web components, please see part one, “Bringing componentization to the web: An overview of...
  9. Building a more interoperable Web with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Building a more interoperable Web with Microsoft Edge: Over the past year the Microsoft Edge team has been hard at work on a new browser engine that will be better than ever at correctly, quickly, and reliably rendering the Web. As a user, your favorite web sites will just work, and as a web developer, you will find that...
  10. Building a more accessible web platform

in Windows 10 News
    Building a more accessible web platform: In February we shared our roadmap for empowering all Microsoft Edge customers through accessibility and inclusive design. Today, we’re excited to share more about Microsoft Edge’s native support for the modern UI Automation accessibility framework, coming with the Windows 10...