Windows 10: Accessing a shared folder/file from a networked Windows 7 PC

Discus and support Accessing a shared folder/file from a networked Windows 7 PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 2 computers; 1 recently upgraded from W7 Pro, 64-Bit to W10. The other computer is still running W7 Pro, 64-Bit. I had been able to access shared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by robdam1001, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Accessing a shared folder/file from a networked Windows 7 PC

2 computers; 1 recently upgraded from W7 Pro, 64-Bit to W10. The other computer is still running
    W7 Pro, 64-Bit. I had been able to access shared folders and files without entering a username/PW between the 2 PC's. Now, when I try to access a shared folder/file on the W10 PC, the W7 PC is prompting me for network name and PW. I don't want to have a PW on my W10 PC. Is there any way around this?

:)

robdam1001, Aug 24, 2016

2. Network connecting and file sharing

hi

i am using windows 10 home now.

other computers in network are windows 7, 8, 8.1 .

i am not using home group setting.

i can connect to windows 8 and windows 8.1 pc and read files from share folder and share printer.

i can't connect to windows 7 pc.

in network and sharing center, i allow all network discovery and file sharing and public folder.

but i can't access to windows 7 pc.

i don't have access permission and contact to administrator error.

from windows 7 pc, i can connect to windows 10 pc.

i can't connect to linux file server also.

i am waiting for the reply.

thanks

Thet oo zin, Aug 24, 2016
  3. DaveJYD Win User
    Windows 10 PCs on home network won't share files

I have multiple Windows 10 computers that are networked together in a home network, which is "hard-wired", and as a shared homegroup. I have certain files/folders that I have set up to be shared amongst all of the computers. I have given my home network
    a unique name, and ensured that all of the PCs are part of the network, as well as all joined to the homegroup.

I have my music files, pictures, etc. stored on a "central" PC (we will call it my server). All of my PCs can access, edit, move, share, etc. all of these files but one. I also have shared files/folders on all of the PCs on my network, and this PC CAN
    access these files and folders, plus I can access the shared files/folders on this PC from all the others.

To help explain - - here is my network - I will give each PC a unique name to help describe my setup.

Server - has multiple hard drives containing multiple shared files/folders. I can access all other shared files/folders on other PCs.

Main workstation - has 2 hard drives with shared files/folders - can access
    all shared files/folders on all
    PCs and can move files/folders between any PC.

Craft PC - (my wife's) - same as above.

Weather PC - same as above

Workshop PC - has 2 hard drives with multiple shared files/folders - can access shared files & folders on all the PCs EXCEPT for the "server. I can access the shared files/folders on this PC from all the other PCs on my network except for the server (I
    can access the "public" files & folders)

I am running Win10 PRO 64 bit on all these PCs. I have taken steps to ensure that the network sharing settings are the same on all of my PCs. I have checked pretty much everything I can think of, and checked every setting. So any ideas would be helpful.

DaveJYD, Aug 24, 2016
Thema:

Accessing a shared folder/file from a networked Windows 7 PC

1. Accessing a shared folder/file from a networked Windows 7 PC - Similar Threads - Accessing shared folder

2. Can't access shared folder on the network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access shared folder on the network: Hello,I'm trying to share a folder in my computer with another computer on my network my computer is Win11, the other Win10. The other computer sees the folder and my computer, but when they try to access it, the following error message is shown: 'You don't have permission to...
  3. Can't access shared folder on the network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access shared folder on the network: Hello,I'm trying to share a folder in my computer with another computer on my network my computer is Win11, the other Win10. The other computer sees the folder and my computer, but when they try to access it, the following error message is shown: 'You don't have permission to...
  4. Can't access Files on network share from Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access Files on network share from Laptop: I have a Desktop and Laptop on my home network, both are using the same Microsoft account and are on the same Network and can both can be seen on the Network on both computers.I can access the Laptop from the Desktop but I can't access the Desktop from the Laptop.Both have...
  5. Accessing Windows 7 share folder

Accessing Windows 7 share folder: Hi there! I have a Windows 10 Pro computer W10P from which I would like to connect to a share folder on my Windows 7 W7 computer but I can't get it to work: [ATTACH] Same network, etc. etc., the machines are able to ping each other. I also have a Windows 10 Home W10H...
  6. Cannot access shared Windows 7 files from Windows 10 PC The network path was not found...

Cannot access shared Windows 7 files from Windows 10 PC The network path was not found...: I have 2 PCs, one running Windows 10 named A10 and one running Windows 7 called B7. I need to be able to access B7's files from A10 I don't need to be able to access A10 from B7. No, I am not going to upgrade from Windows 7. Yes, I know support has ended for it. If I try to...
  7. Accessing files in Network Sharing PC

Accessing files in Network Sharing PC: After Windows 10 May 2019 update, my access to files on my other network-connected computers has been limited. I can access the files using Quick Access and change to the desired folders but if I open Internet Explorer and try to open a file, the other computer is identified...
  8. Access files on W10 pc from a windows 7 pc on the home network

Access files on W10 pc from a windows 7 pc on the home network: I have a Windows 10 PC, How do I allow a windows 7 pc on a home network access files on my W10 pc? ***Original Title: I have a Windows 10 PC, How do I allow a windows 7 pc on a home network access files on my W10 pc?***...
  9. Lost access to shared file on Windows 7 PC

Lost access to shared file on Windows 7 PC: I have a Windows 10 laptop that I run on my home wi-fi. I also have a Windows 7 PC that is hardwired to the wireless router. Up until this last Windows 10 update (v1803), I have been successful in accessing from my Win10 Laptop the drives on the Win7 PC which was running...
  10. Sharing Folders/Files from a hardwired PC on a network to a wireless PC on the same network...

Sharing Folders/Files from a hardwired PC on a network to a wireless PC on the same network...: one PC is hardwired to the network. other laptop is wireless. Homegroup used to take care of my networking needs. now its gone. I've tried turning on the 'nearby devices' on both devices. nothing seems to happen. asks for microsoft account information? i see a new 'share'...