Windows 10: Accessing Comcast 2.4 Network with Windows 10

Discus and support Accessing Comcast 2.4 Network with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently installed Windows 10 to upgrade from Windows 7 on an Acer Aspire 5734Z 64 bit laptop. I use Comcast's built in router (Cisco XB3, Model... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RodarKretch, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Accessing Comcast 2.4 Network with Windows 10

I recently installed Windows 10 to upgrade from Windows 7 on an Acer Aspire 5734Z 64 bit laptop. I use Comcast's built in router (Cisco XB3, Model DPC3941t DOCSIS 3.0 OS/US|24x4) as 2.4. If I try to access files on my Windows 7 Desktop (sharing is allowed) it runs Network Diagnostics, but can't find the problem. I then clip on the computer name and device in File Explorer and everything is OK and the file loads. However, when I try to save it back to the source it can't save it I get file error messages, will not save locally so basically I I can't use Office 2007. Any thoughts.

:)

RodarKretch, Aug 30, 2015

2. Slow internet speed only on THIS computer

Comcast Router, 2.4 network, there is a 5,but my pc doesn't see that. To the best of my knowledge I don't have a metered connection.

DaleHolsti, Aug 30, 2015
  3. probie234 Win User
    Cannot connect at 5GHz since upgrading to Windows 10

hello, I just updated to windows 10 and have Comcast with the xb3 modem. I am having problems connecting to the 5 ghz and can only connect to the 2.4 which has cost me to lose a lot of download speed. any help out there?

<Original title - dual band modem >

probie234, Aug 30, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Accessing Comcast 2.4 Network with Windows 10

So what is the issue again? Is it Office, is it not being able to get to a network share. It is hard to decipher what you really are asking for help on, since you are all over the board on what you posted.

bro67, Aug 31, 2015
  5. Sorry for the confusion, this is my first attempt at using a forum.

I attempted to describe the sequence of events that occur when I want to open a file on a thumbdrive on my desktop from my laptop (the windows 10 computer)
    1. In File Explorer I click on the desktop name (Gene-PC)
    Result: windows replys: “Windows Cannot Access L: \\GENE-PC
    2. I click on “Diagnose”
    Result: Message “Windows could not find the problem”
    3. Close the Message Box
    4. Repeat Step 1and it works.
    Once the above is done in a session it seems to work while in File Explorer.

However, I cannot open a file on the desktop from within an Office Document from the laptop.
    I hope this clarifies my problem

RodarKretch, Aug 31, 2015
  6. bro67 Win User
    That has nothing to do with your ISP or gateway. If it is just a folder on the hard drive you have in the computer you are using, you may need to do a repair on Office.

Because you did an upgrade, you have to do a repair on any software that carried over. Personally a Clean install is better. Less headaches.

bro67, Aug 31, 2015
  7. Tried repairing did not work. I thought the upgrade was supposed to be seamless and not have to do a clean install. Guess I will revert to 7. nice try no kewpi doll.

RodarKretch, Aug 31, 2015
  8. bro67 Win User

Upgrading has had issues. I did an Upgrade, but chose to not carry over software, settings and drivers. That worked fine with me. It could be that in your case, you may have to go the same route also.

bro67, Sep 1, 2015
  9. RWOne Win User
    Could be sharing settings on either desktop or laptop, goes without saying they are both on same workgroup yes? (Asking for sake of saying it was asked, if they were not you wouldn't see them anyways.

How about trying this? Setup the homegroup on the desktop and have the lappy join it, then retry.

I've been seeing sharing issues at home since getting all 6 of my machines updated to 10, but have to handle them one at a time. Most I've sorted out by now.

RWOne, Sep 1, 2015
  10. Thanks, seems to work most of the time. I think that I will revert to 7 and do a clean install.

RodarKretch, Sep 5, 2015
  11. bro67 Win User
    I have not been having any share issues with 10. I only use regular Network shares. Plus I put the credentials in for my NAS on Windows Credentials, and no issues whatsoever.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Accessing Comcast 2.4 Network with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Accessing Comcast Network

2. Windows 10 and Comcast E-mail issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 and Comcast E-mail issues: Has anyone had issues lately syncing Windows 10 Mail to their Comcast account? My Comcast e-mail has not been working for about 1 1/2 weeks ongoing and was sporadic for about 1 week before that. I also am not able to get to the Comcast webmail page as I get the message that...
  3. Windows 10 Network not accessing network pc's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Network not accessing network pc's: We have 2 new Lenovo Thinkpad T490s laptops. Built identically with Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1.PC 1 : accesses all networked PC's correctly - see below : OAK-THINKPAD-TPC2 : only accesses the local networked PC - see below : OAK-THINKPAD-T2The only major difference between...
  4. Two computer network connected through Comcast cable box

Two computer network connected through Comcast cable box: Our two computers just received a Microsoft update and since the update I cannot connect my two computers through our cable network box. This has worked for the whole year until just now. My computers cannot recognize the other computer that is connected anymore but both...
  5. Norton for Comcast

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton for Comcast: How do I install Norton for Comcast users on Windows10S? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/norton-for-comcast/591dfb22-2954-423e-8b2a-3421aa9eea8e
  6. 2 WiFi networks, 1 laptop, 4 cameras.....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 WiFi networks, 1 laptop, 4 cameras.....: Kind of an involved technical question. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask. I am running Blue Iris NVR software on a Windows 10 laptop. The built-in wifi adapter is 2.4ghz only. I added a 5ghz USB adapter. The 4 cameras are 2.4ghz only. Currently, the cameras...
  7. 4/2 update

4/2 update: all my saved files are NOW missing how do I retreive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/42-update/da2c239b-e159-43b2-b427-532920c9f613"
  8. Windows 10 Mail not syncing with Comcast

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Mail not syncing with Comcast: I have tried to set up a couple of Comcast email accounts in Win 10 Mail. The setup precedes OK, but then I get the message: [ATTACH] I know the password is OK. I called Comcast but they do not what the problem is. Any suggestions? MikeT in VA...
  9. Comcast windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Comcast windows 10: I have been using the Windows 10 firewall and Defender.I was reading about a clean install at youtube and got 9 trojans. it is a very good thing I have MBAM installed as it removed all after quarantine. Although the choice of protection is subjective, I need advice because I...
  10. Comcast

Comcast: Hello I have a gateway from Comcast which has a router within. I noticed the SSID was different so I went to the router and it was open without using my password. The set up appeared different too. I had typed 10.0...... and it opened to my account without using a password....