Windows 10: Accessing external harddisk connected via USB

Discus and support Accessing external harddisk connected via USB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I make a connected USB drive (ie, an external harddisk connected via a USB port) visible in the File Explorer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NyenKLee, Aug 6, 2018.

1. NyenKLee Win User

Accessing external harddisk connected via USB

How do I make a connected USB drive (ie, an external harddisk connected via a USB port) visible in the File Explorer?

:)

NyenKLee, Aug 6, 2018

2. File History of files on external USB harddisk drive

Hi,

I have a external harddisk connected to my pc using USB. This drive contains personal files which I want to add to file history. I simply want that everytime I connect my external harddrive to my pc, that file history backs up the files on it to a location
    on the network. How do I do that?

* I have file history working for files on an internal harddrive

* I did add my external harddrive to the Documents library

* I tried adding the folder on the external harddrive using the "Add a folder" using the windows 10 settings. But the folder seems to dissappear from the list after a while.

Another detail: the disk is encrypted using DiskCryptor. Everytime I connect the drive windows says it has to be formatted. When I mount the drive by providing the key to DiskCryptor the drive becomes a valid one.

Stefan Cloudt, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Hoggorm Win User
    External harddisk - No access in Windows 10

I'm sorry that I mislead you... The filesystem on the affected HDD is RAW, not NTFS... I have three external disks connected to the NAS from time to time, and the other two are NTFS. This last one not working is RAW... I assume that is the issue then? I do not know how that happened... I am sure I formatted it to NTFS, but apparently, I have not...

Accessing external harddisk connected via USB [​IMG]

Hoggorm, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

External Drive "not accessible"

Hi,

Corrupted USB controller is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to access your external hard drive. We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this

link
    to resolve the issue.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Accessing external harddisk connected via USB - Similar Threads - Accessing external harddisk

2. External Harddisk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Harddisk: I do have a 1 TB harddisk and want to confirm whether it is physically damaged or there's another problem.The issues that I am facing with the harddisk are:1. It is not instantly recognized by my pc, it takes more than 5 seconds unlike other memory devices.2. Harddisk always...
  3. External Harddisk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Harddisk: I do have a 1 TB harddisk and want to confirm whether it is physically damaged or there's another problem.The issues that I am facing with the harddisk are:1. It is not instantly recognized by my pc, it takes more than 5 seconds unlike other memory devices.2. Harddisk always...
  4. External Harddisk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Access to an external harddisk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access to an external harddisk: I am trying to access my external harddisk. I get the following message: Location is not available D: is not accessible Access is denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-an-external-harddisk/524318e6-229a-4616-827c-8ad132e5817a
  6. External Harddisk

External Harddisk: Hello guys! Please help me with this, I will try my best at explaining the problem. First of all, I have a Seagate expansion hard disk 1TB HDD in which I have really important files. And it worked perfectly until 1 hour ago, when it was plugged in the computer USB port works...
  7. Windows 10 unable to access external HDD via USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 unable to access external HDD via USB: Hopefully someone can help. My desktop HD (Seagate Barracuda 2TB) drive failed in some way. That desktop system can longer boot or even recognize drive. I have connected it to my laptop as an external drive via USB. Windows explorer does not see it at all. Disk Mgmt shows it...
  8. Problem of external harddisk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem of external harddisk: [IMG] I have external hard disk wd..I have problem to transfer from my external hard disk to laptop.it too slow to transfer data..it takes 3 hours to transfer 2gb only..I already chkdsk but have error at examining file name linkage..how to solve my problem..thank you...
  9. Problem accessing my external harddisk Iomega HDD

Problem accessing my external harddisk Iomega HDD: My harddisk Iomega HDD seems to connect to a drive, and I see folders, but when I click on the folders, I can't access it. It seems a Windows 10 problem. Have it after the latest update. No problem on windows 7 This is the error I see in device manager: Device...
  10. External harddisk - No access in Windows 10

External harddisk - No access in Windows 10: Hi, I have this WD 3707a external HDD that I use as a third backup for my Synology NAS. In the NAS I use a feature called Hyper Backup to back up pictures to the WD HDD. Hyper Backup and the NAS can easily read the contents of the NAS, however when plugging the HDD into...