Windows 10: Accessing files on Android phone from Network in Windows File Explorer

Discus and support Accessing files on Android phone from Network in Windows File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'd like to access the files on my Android 7 (Nougat) Samsung S5 phone via Windows Explorer, presumably in Network (previously known as Network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by THX1138, May 2, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

Accessing files on Android phone from Network in Windows File Explorer

I'd like to access the files on my Android 7 (Nougat) Samsung S5 phone via Windows Explorer, presumably in Network (previously known as Network Locations?). Is that possible?

:)

THX1138, May 2, 2017

2. WP8.1 access files on windpws PC via home WLAN

Hi there,

Is there any possibility to access the files on my windows PC via home WLAN from my WP8.1 phone? - as on Android with ES File Explorer.

I know it is possible via ftp server (which can be done with Pocket File Manager for example), but I would like to access my files on my PC, which is connected to the same network, without the need to start an ftp server on my WP. I was searching for days
    to find a solution. Too bad that cannot connect easily a windows phone to a windows operating system. Why is it possible with Android and not with WP?

Thank you

Zsolt Sükösd, May 2, 2017
  3. Nikko Garcia, May 2, 2017
  4. Accessing files on Android phone from Network in Windows File Explorer

Caledon Ken, May 2, 2017
  5. THX1138 Win User
    I'm very sorry, I neglected to say that I wanted to be able to do this via my home network (aka wifi) rather than USB.

THX1138, May 2, 2017
  6. Not sure that is possible, Android doesn't doesn't know about Homegroups and I don't think Android has a facility for you to log on to device.

You very likely could use something like Dropbox or other app (Foldersync).

I was using CompanionLink to sync appointments and contacts between Outlook 2013 and her Smasing. Gave up on that and channel everything thing through Outlook.com. (Outlook2013 <=> Outlook.com <=> Samsung S3)

Hopefully another member will have experience doing this.

Caledon Ken, May 2, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    You can setup networks shares on pc and use ES File Explorer on tablet to copy files from android to pc or vice versa.

Share files between Android and Windows with ES File Explorer - CNET

A better and much faster way is to install FastFileTransfer on android from google store. Then simply connect to android from pc by putting IP address of android in a browser.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nsfer&hl=en_GB

This is free, but it is worth paying for the PRO version (less than £5) as this allows you to download/upload multiple files rather than one at a time (you could put files in a zip file). Try the free version first to get hang of it.

cereberus, May 2, 2017
  8. cereberus Win User

Dead easy - see my reply to OP.

cereberus, May 2, 2017
  9. Learn something everyday. Thanks

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Accessing files on Android phone from Network in Windows File Explorer - Similar Threads - Accessing files Android

2. Copying files to Android Tablet (or phone)

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying files to Android Tablet (or phone): I am trying to copy a folder with several files inside DCIM folder of Android destination device. If I interrupt copy and resume afterwards Windows 10 tells me some files already exist with same name. If I choose not to copy and put a checkmark on "do the same for all...
  3. Unable to access Android phone from Windows 10 File Transfer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to access Android phone from Windows 10 File Transfer: When I connect my Xiaomi Poco F1 phone to my computer running Windows 10 Pro N and select "File Transfer" in my phone, I am expecting my phone storage to be accessible from computer, but it is not opening anything. >> In Device manager, my phone is listed as "POCO F1"...
  4. File Explorer Network Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Network Access: Windows 10 1903 and 1909, Still unable to see Ethernet connected devices in File Explorer, networks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-network-access/686cace2-2164-4253-88b7-96ac70f729d2
  5. Windows 10 Android 9.0 Samsung Phone File Explorer folder access issues..

Windows 10 Android 9.0 Samsung Phone File Explorer folder access issues..: Hey guys, I'm having issues with Windows 10 1909 (and 1903, it seems like this problem didn't get fixed in the 1909 update either) and my Samsung Galaxy S8+. I had also posted this on the Tomsguide hardware forum. So if I get the answer I need from there, I'll update this...
  6. Transferring music files from PC to Android Phone

Transferring music files from PC to Android Phone: i can not download music from my pc to android phone ***Original title: i can not download music from my pc to android phone*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-music-files-from-pc-to-android-phone/357b32a0-7548-4786-ac3c-3f32cfe3a227"
  7. Android phones not showing up under Network in File Explorer

Android phones not showing up under Network in File Explorer: We have multiple Android phones at home connecting to the same home WIFI network. I have the following queries - Q1. Why are they not showing up under Network in File Explorer ? Q2. Can we access the phones from our computers wirelessly when they are connecting to the...
  8. Access Android phone/tablet from Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access Android phone/tablet from Windows Explorer: According to Google search, if one turns on Remote Manager in ES File Explorer on an Android device, one could access it from Windows Explorer, by creating a new Network Location (example: https://www.maketecheasier.com/acces...-from-windows/). Nevertheless, after I create...
  9. Access Win10 PC via Android ES File Explorer

Access Win10 PC via Android ES File Explorer: How do I log into my Windows 10 PC using ES File Explorer over my home WiFi? [img] I get there using ES File Explorer but where the hell do I go to find those credentials?????? Cookbook instructions: move pointer here, click this, select that, check this box,...
  10. No file transfer window when transferring files on android phones.

in Windows 10 Support
    No file transfer window when transferring files on android phones.: Device: One plus 2, Nexus 5, 7, and others not showing file transfer window when transferring files OS: Windows 10 Brand: RazerModel: Razer Blade 2016 (GTX 1060 edition) Does this occur with other devices on this machine? : Yes Does this happen on other...