Windows 10: Accessing Folders in Explorer win 10

Discus and support Accessing Folders in Explorer win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Here is something strange. I have the 64bit Win 10 upgrade installed and I can't look inside the windows temp folder, is there a way I can do this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pendaws, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Pendaws Win User

Accessing Folders in Explorer win 10

Here is something strange. I have the 64bit Win 10 upgrade installed and I can't look
    inside the windows temp folder, is there a way I can do this? This is rather weird as with
    all the other OS's I have use this has not been a problem.
    It is one of the few things I find in Win 10 that bug me. *Smile

:)

Pendaws, Aug 28, 2015
  2. SysJim Win User

File Explorer stopped showing the separate folders for OneDrive, Dropbox, and iCloud Drive in the left panel.

Original title: File Explorer

After I upgraded to Win 10 from 8.1, File Explorer stopped showing the separate folders for OneDrive, Dropbox, and iCloud Drive in the left panel with Quick Access and This PC. DropBox and iCloud Drive do show up in Quick Access with pins.

How do I get them all back as individual folders, separate from Quick Access, that I can expand as usual for directories? At this point, I can't get to my OneDrive files and folders.

Thank you,

SysJim, Aug 28, 2015
  3. save a search in Win 10

Hi Mike,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with Windows 10.

"save a search in Win 10 ", are you referring to searching for a file in File Explorer?

If yes, Quick Access is a feature in windows 10, This is a section in File Explorer(left side) where you can place shortcuts to your favorite folders. It also displays recently viewed files and frequently used folders by default.

Quick Access is also customizable in that you can pin folders from anywhere in the Windows 10 file system to the Quick Access area. This enables you to create your own personal folder structure and have quick access to them without having to navigate
    through the number of files and folders.

• With File Explorer open, locate the folder you want to pin to Quick Access.

• Tap or click the Home tab at the top of File Explorer and tap or click the
      Pin to Quick access
      option.
    You may also follow the below steps(to save a search) and check if it helps.

1. With File Explorer open, search for a file in the search option of the file explorer(top right).

2. Once you press enter, Tap or click the Home tab at the top of File Explorer and tap or click the
    Pin to Quick access option. Now this particular search will be pinned to quick access(left side of the file explorer).

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Aug 28, 2015
  4. Ninetailz Win User

Press the windows + r key and type %temp% or temp in the run popup that comes up after pressing those keys.

Ninetailz, Aug 28, 2015
  5. Pendaws Win User
    Thanks for the reply but that only opens the user temp folder, I was hoping to open the Windows\Temp folder. *Smile

Pendaws, Aug 29, 2015
  6. Click on the temp folder when the dialog pops up click continue then "OK" on the UAC prompt that comes up. You now enter the temp folder.

I just did it 5 seconds ago. Worked like a treat.

logicearth, Aug 29, 2015
  7. Pendaws Win User
    Oh well, I have disabled UAC and I just can't gain access so, bad luck I guess? Thanks for trying. *Smile

Pendaws, Aug 30, 2015
  8. Ztruker Win User

Try clicking on the View tab then check Hidden Items on the right.

Ztruker, Aug 30, 2015
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Could also try enabling UAC but leave the slider set all the way to the bottom. This is what I'm doing and seems to work well over all.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Accessing Folders in Explorer win 10 - Similar Threads - Accessing Folders Explorer

2. Win 11 Explorer Pictures Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Explorer Pictures Folders: Greetings, I see a "Pictures" folder has a blue icon in Win 11 Explorer Quick Access. I would like to move all my pictures over to my C drive. Can someone suggest an easily accessible/recommended place on C drive to put all my pictures ? I found a folder called in C, Users,...
  3. Corrupted Folders in Win Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted Folders in Win Explorer: Hello, I recently did a huge mass-delete of deeply nested files, but the process left behind 3 folders that can't be deleted.E:\Deep Scan F\Recovery_20220724_150611\Miscz\auxE:\Deep Scan F\Recovery_20220724_150611\Miscz\conE:\Deep Scan...
  4. Corrupted Folders in Win Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted Folders in Win Explorer: Hello, I recently did a huge mass-delete of deeply nested files, but the process left behind 3 folders that can't be deleted.E:\Deep Scan F\Recovery_20220724_150611\Miscz\auxE:\Deep Scan F\Recovery_20220724_150611\Miscz\conE:\Deep Scan...
  5. Corrupted Folders in Win Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Displaying recently used folders in Quick access in File Explorer Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Displaying recently used folders in Quick access in File Explorer Win 10: Until recently the Quick Access list at the top of the left pane of Windows File Explorer has displayed a list of 4 or 5 folders/Subfolders that are the folders that I have been using most often recently. This list has disappeared recently - I don't know what caused it to go....
  7. Displaying recently used folders in Quick access in File Explorer Win 10

Displaying recently used folders in Quick access in File Explorer Win 10: Until recently the Quick Access list at the top of the left pane of Windows File Explorer has displayed a list of 4 or 5 folders/Subfolders that are the folders that I have been using most often recently. This list has disappeared recently - I don't know what caused it to go....
  8. Displaying recently used folders in Quick access in File Explorer Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Win 10 Explorer Delay in Producing New Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Explorer Delay in Producing New Folders: Hi everyone, First post, apologies if this has been covered before, could not find any existing references. Recent issue occured on all 3 of my Win 10 Home PC's which I can't resolve. All Win 10 Home, versions, 2004 19041.630, V.1909 18363.189 and V.20H2 Have registered the...
  10. Access Win 10 from ES File Explorer

Access Win 10 from ES File Explorer: I'm not certain that this is the correct forum for this question but I'll ask.... I have an android media server and have installed ES File Explorer so that I can access the media server from the PC in much the same way that I can access another computer on my network. (to...