Windows 10: Accessing hard drive in laptop from desktop.

Discus and support Accessing hard drive in laptop from desktop. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am getting the error windows cannot access \\CHRS_LAPTOP\laptop harddrive What is going on, I set the sharing preferences so no password is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by waxman80014, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Accessing hard drive in laptop from desktop.

I am getting the error windows cannot access \\CHRS_LAPTOP\laptop harddrive

What is going on, I set the sharing preferences so no password is needed to access the hard drive and everyone can access it. This worked in windows 7 and 8.1, what changed in windows 10?

:)

waxman80014, Aug 9, 2016
  2. Kaveh300 Win User

Laptop doesn't see my network drive

I have an external Hard Drive Connected to my Netgear R8000 for the shared drive capability. I have my Desktop and my Laptop that use the drive, I upgraded both to Windows 10. Now my Laptop doesn't see the Hard Drive. I checked my Desktop and its still
    there and I can access it there, but on my laptop when I'm home, it doesn't see it. The only wayto access my hard drive from my laptop is to FTP into it, I tried disabling the firewall on my laptop but it didn't work. Is there a setting on my laptop I need
    to change on my laptop to get it working?

Kaveh300, Aug 9, 2016
  3. windows 10 external hard drive

Widows 10 does not recognize Seagate freeagent goflex hard drive. it doesnot appear in Disk Manager or Device Management. I can access hard drive from my Apple Laptop and Windows 8.1 desktop

LouisGiglioli, Aug 9, 2016
  4. Accessing hard drive in laptop from desktop.

Are you using an MS account. If yes try to switch to a local account and share the drive again.
    Not sure why its not working in case of MS Account

manish9009, Aug 9, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    Try accessing it with the IP. You can access it with the Live account as the username. Just remember that it is lower case for username.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Accessing hard drive in laptop from desktop.

1. Accessing hard drive in laptop from desktop. - Similar Threads - Accessing hard drive

2. How to access desktop files from a previous hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access desktop files from a previous hard drive: I recently switched hard drives due to some unrelated issues with a cpu/motherboard. I had to do a fresh install of windows, and I am now running it through a different drive My C drive is now a different drive. My old drive F drive currently is still installed, and has all...
  3. How to access desktop files from a previous hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to access desktop files from a previous hard drive: I recently switched hard drives due to some unrelated issues with a cpu/motherboard. I had to do a fresh install of windows, and I am now running it through a different drive My C drive is now a different drive. My old drive F drive currently is still installed, and has all...
  4. How to access desktop files from a previous hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Imaging/Cloning hard drive from Desktop to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Imaging/Cloning hard drive from Desktop to laptop: Hey there,Just curious about the best procedure when it comes to cloning/imaging a hard drive from a desktop to a laptop. I am aware that desktops can have OEM or retail license keys and laptops would come with an OEM license key. How would I go about cloning/imaging the...
  6. Imaging/Cloning hard drive from Desktop to laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Imaging/Cloning hard drive from Desktop to laptop: Hey there,Just curious about the best procedure when it comes to cloning/imaging a hard drive from a desktop to a laptop. I am aware that desktops can have OEM or retail license keys and laptops would come with an OEM license key. How would I go about cloning/imaging the...
  7. No access to hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No access to hard drive: I have a windows 10 and a hard drive that I can not access. It shows on the computer, when I click on it, either it freezes or nothing happens. Ive tried update drive and unistall but nothing seems to work. I have even tried switching usp ports, nothing seem to fix the...
  8. Accessing Vista Hard drive from Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing Vista Hard drive from Windows 10 Laptop: I am trying to recover music and photos from an old Vista hard drive using my Windows 10 laptop. I have a Sata to USB cable that seems to be working tested with a newer hard drive. However when I plug in the old Vista hard drive I can see no way to access the contents via...
  9. Can't access external hard drives from my laptop or my notebook.

Can't access external hard drives from my laptop or my notebook.: Hello all. I have just read a post but it does not reach my situation, quite. I have an ASUS notebook and an ASUS laptop and a couple of external hard drives which I needed to add storage space to help with Windows updates, on the notebook because it's got very limited...
  10. access to files on hard drive from crashed laptop

access to files on hard drive from crashed laptop: My laptop died and I have removed the harddrive and can access it through a usb connection on another laptop. While I have access to all my files on the e:drive, I can't open any of them. Note says I don't have permission to access. went to properties and changed access...