Windows 10: Accessing Microsoft Update Catalogue

Discus and support Accessing Microsoft Update Catalogue in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I knew you could not directly access the catalogue using Chrome, and had to use IE instead. But you cannot access it directly using Edge - ROFL!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cereberus, Feb 12, 2016.

1. cereberus Win User

Accessing Microsoft Update Catalogue

I knew you could not directly access the catalogue using Chrome, and had to use IE instead.
    But you cannot access it directly using Edge - ROFL!
    Imgur

Edit: apparently the reason is because the page I used to access catalogue requires activex capability which has been dropped from Edge. You would think MS would have got rid of need for activex on its own sites!

:)

cereberus, Feb 12, 2016

2. KB 318866 Failed to install

Will Microsoft issue a superseding update, or do they expect us to try and use a manual update from the update catalogue. I have tried several times to install this latest update with various successes. First attempt

stopped at 49%, next 45%, next 46%, latest 56%. Also tried to access the update catalogue but didn't get very far. Is it worth sticking with Microsoft windows 10. Perhaps might be less hassle to dump them in favour of another software supplier.

TedBerryman, Feb 12, 2016
  3. windows 10 download

It should be listed in the Windows Update window as an available update. You can also download it manually using the Windows Update catalogue:

Microsoft Update Catalog

Use Internet Explorer to access the site.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 12, 2016
Thema:

Accessing Microsoft Update Catalogue

1. Accessing Microsoft Update Catalogue - Similar Threads - Accessing Microsoft Update

2. Microsoft HUP Access

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft HUP Access: Hello, Earlier today I used my work email to see if I could still get VISIO Pro via HUP. It was available a few weeks ago. When I used my work email earlier, I got a response stating I qualified. I used my home Microsoft login and at that point, received a message telling...
  3. Cannot access computer after a Microsoft update.

Cannot access computer after a Microsoft update.: When finished working on my Dell XPS 18 last Friday, at log out, I chose the option presented to "Update & Shut down". Next day I turned on my computer and now cannot get past the Dell logo. I have Windows 10 and Office 365 Home. After some research, using my phone, I tried...
  4. Microsoft Access 2002

Microsoft Access 2002: I never installed my Access 2002 onto my lab top since I had purchased my computer. I finally inserted the CD and no matter what I try, the system tells me it doesn't exist on the CD. I really need to use this program. Why doesn't my computer recognize it?...
  5. Microsoft 10 Accessibility

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft 10 Accessibility: Hi, Microsoft Community and briefly I am SD_Padre inquiring accessibility for the Microsoft 10 program(es)? I am having am trouble shooting issue with using application eg., Skype? I do however need assistance with activating the windows programs? Please do reply with your...
  6. September 11, 2018—KB4457128 Microsoft Catalogue

September 11, 2018—KB4457128 Microsoft Catalogue: My laptop won't install Microsoft updates so I have to manually download the file and run wusa.exe to install them. This morning KB4457128 failed as expected so I went to the catalog at https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4457128 The last entry should...
  7. Windows 10 and Microsoft Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 and Microsoft Access: I have a Microsoft Access 2007 program that works fine with Windows 7 and Windows 10 version 1607, but it doesn't work with Windows 10 version 1703. The issue is there are some forms showing up as blank pages, but not all of them. This only happens with version 1703 of...
  8. Can't access the basket in Microsoft software update catalog...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't access the basket in Microsoft software update catalog...: I was trying to download the latest driver for Realtek HD Audio and saw that the link to do so was a sticky so it must be a popular thing to do. I tried to download the driver in the catalog -- not sure why there are two that are described identically but are different sizes...
  9. Microsoft now allows other browsers to access the Update Catalog

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft now allows other browsers to access the Update Catalog: Microsoft has finally rolled out a new version of the Update Catalog website that makes it possible for users to access it without Internet Explorer, the company’s old browser that was the only one supported on the page. From now on, pretty much every browser out there,...
  10. How do You Rebuild Search Catalogue after latest Win 10 Update?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do You Rebuild Search Catalogue after latest Win 10 Update?: Since the latest Win 10 Update my searches in MS Outlook have been failing. A message indicates the the items are not indexed. Help in Outlook (and what I can find on the web) tells me to "Open the Control Panel" as the first step to reset the Search Catalogue. But the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Accessing the Windows Update Catalog api