Windows 10: Accessing other computers on the network...Help!

Discus and support Accessing other computers on the network...Help! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a couple servers on my network. I re-installed windows on my main desktop yesterday and I can't access the servers now. All the network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ARAMP1, Jul 4, 2018.

1. ARAMP1 Win User

Accessing other computers on the network...Help!

I have a couple servers on my network. I re-installed windows on my main desktop yesterday and I can't access the servers now. All the network discovery buttons are checked yes. The network servers are accessible through two other Windows 10 laptops. After some searching on the forum, none of the common fixes seemed to work. Any ideas?

Accessing other computers on the network...Help! [​IMG]

:)

ARAMP1, Jul 4, 2018
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jul 4, 2018
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Jul 4, 2018
  4. Accessing other computers on the network...Help!

Unable to access network storage

Hi Pravin,

Network permission is one of the possible reasons why you can't access a drive within a network. To better assist you, we the answers to the following questions:

• Are you working with computers connected to a domain?
    • Did you make any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the steps below to troubleshoot Shared Folders in Windows 10:

• On the Cortana search box, type Troubleshoot
      and select the first result.
    • Scroll down and click on Shared Folders.
    • Click the Run the troubleshooter button.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

Accessing other computers on the network...Help!

1. Accessing other computers on the network...Help! - Similar Threads - Accessing computers network

2. Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine: so i cant acces other computer via network sharing but other computer can access mine. im in windows 11 newest version please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-other-computer-in-network-but-other/47ecbb83-f674-4a16-8b3b-9d94630e132e
  3. Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine: so i cant acces other computer via network sharing but other computer can access mine. im in windows 11 newest version please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-other-computer-in-network-but-other/47ecbb83-f674-4a16-8b3b-9d94630e132e
  4. Can't access files on other network computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access files on other network computers: I have four computers all attached to my home network. Until recently, I had been able to access documents across all my computers while attched to the home network. That has all disappeared. I can't even find the computers when I select Network in Windows Explorer. The...
  5. Cannot access other computers on my home network

Cannot access other computers on my home network: This is driving me nuts. We have 9 Windows 10 computers in our home all connected to the same network. All of our computers except just one can see and access all the other computers on our home network. I've tried everything I can think of. I recently changed all the...
  6. Can't access other computers on network

Can't access other computers on network: Of course it was working fine when on 1803 (after lots of tinkering) but now on 1809 I can't get to my other computers. I turned off password protection in network sharing so at least I can bring up the other computers but when I try to access the user etc I get access...
  7. can't access network drives on other computers,

can't access network drives on other computers,: I'm livid, I have three computers, one running windows 7, one running windows 10 pro and a new one with windows 10 home. I had some trouble but finally was able to make the files available between the windows 10 pro and the windows 7 computer, but this stupid windows 10...
  8. CANNOT ACCESS OTHER COMPUTERS ON NETWORK SHOWN

CANNOT ACCESS OTHER COMPUTERS ON NETWORK SHOWN: - ACCESS DENIED CONTACT ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS A HOME NETWORK AND THERE IS NO ADMINISTRATOR TO MY KNOWLEDGE EARLIER USERNAME NAME WAS ASKED AND PASSWORD I DONT KNOW EITHER, NEVER SET UP PASSWORDS OTHER THAN THAN GMAIL AND SYNCG WITH ROUTER...
  9. Laptop unable to see/access other computers on network

Laptop unable to see/access other computers on network: I recently upgraded my upstairs desktop (formerly Windows 7) and my laptop (formerly Windows 8.1) to Windows 10. Since then I have spent hours and hours trying to get them visible to each other on my home private network (no homeGroup). I have a total of 3 computers on my...
  10. One computer cannot access other network computers.

One computer cannot access other network computers.: I have three windows 10 PCs and one NAS on my network. One PC (Lenovo 220X) and the NAS are hardwired. The other two are wireless (Surface Pro 1 and Surface pro 4) The surface pro 4 can see but not access either of the two other PCs. The other PCs can see and access each...