Windows 10: Accessing pictures on phone

Discus and support Accessing pictures on phone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi with W8.1, when I plugged my phone (Samsung Galaxy S5) into my PC via USB, a box came up with an option to find pictures and video on the phone.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by daniellouwrens, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Accessing pictures on phone

Hi

with W8.1, when I plugged my phone (Samsung Galaxy S5) into my PC via USB, a box came up
    with an option to find pictures and video on the phone.

Now with W10 that option does not come up, nothing comes up but
    it the phone shows in explorer as a hard drive.

How do I get the find pictures and video to come up when I p[lug in the phone.

Thanks

Daniel

:)

daniellouwrens, Sep 5, 2015

2. Accessing document and pictures folders on Windows 10

I just purchased a new laptop and had Geek Squad install everything onto it from my older laptop with Windows 7. However, I cannot find where I can access my documents and pictures. I click on these but there is nothing in them.

BettyEaton, Sep 5, 2015
  3. Accessing document and pictures folders on Windows 10

Hi Betty,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Once we upgrade to the next version of Windows and want to retrieve the old data, can do this from Windows.old folder. All data like music files, videos, files etc. will be stored here.

I suggest you to refer the link below, Retrieve files from the Windows.old folder and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/restore-files-upgrade-windows-old

Hope this helps. If you face any issues with Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 5, 2015
  4. Accessing pictures on phone

Hi!

I know that many Samsung Users have Samsung Kies on the Maschines. Maybe this will help you to get Pictures and Video!?

Cluster Head, Sep 5, 2015
  5. Thanks, but I know about Kies, I want to use the Windows process,
    it works much better and has better features.

Cheers

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Sep 5, 2015
  6. Hi,
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and was experiencing the same problem with Windows 10,
    If I connected my phone with the USB cable, I could see my mobile in the Windows file explorer, but I couldn't see the phone files or the files on external SD card.
    This worked for me:
    Connect your phone with the USB cable
    Pull down the notification area from the top of your mobile and you will see "Connected as a media device touch for other USB options"
    Touch for the options and you should see this screen:
    Then touch and put a tick in the "Camera(PTP) option, then put the tick back in the "Media(MTP)" box
    and then hopefully you see be able to access your files on your computer.
    It worked for me! Good luck!

Accessing pictures on phone [​IMG]

Cornishman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Accessing pictures on phone

1. Accessing pictures on phone - Similar Threads - Accessing pictures phone

2. Phone number not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone number not accessible: Hello. My husband and I recently moved countries, therefore we do not have access to our old phone numbers or back up email address; this was not an Outlook account.How can I update my security details if my husband cannot receive a text or email to verify the request,...
  3. Phone number not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone number not accessible: Hello. My husband and I recently moved countries, therefore we do not have access to our old phone numbers or back up email address; this was not an Outlook account.How can I update my security details if my husband cannot receive a text or email to verify the request,...
  4. Phone number not accessible

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Quick Access and Pictures

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick Access and Pictures: Hello, I am really confused and frustrated because I went to go to screenshot something on my pc, and it says it has been saved to my computer but when i went onto pictures, my screenshot wasn't there and instead it was on Quick Access and I don't knowhow to put my screenshot...
  6. Transferring pictures from phone

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring pictures from phone: I have an early model Google Pixel that has photos on it yet when I plug the phone into the computer via USB cable and go to This PC and click on Pixel it says no data found on this device . Anyone know how one can transfer pictures from the phone to the desktop computer...
  7. Android Phone to PC pictures are .thmbnails not pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    Android Phone to PC pictures are .thmbnails not pictures: Windows 10 version 2004 OS Build 19041.1 To organize my Android phone photos there shown on my PC. They do not show as pictures but as thumbnails. They are displayed as pictures on the Phone. My PC also displays pictures as pictures. How when my phone is connected to the PC,...
  8. Transfer Picture to Phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer Picture to Phone: Can I transfer pictures from my Desktop using Win 10 to my LG Android phone? I know there must be a way, just have not figured out how to do it? Can you show or tell me how? 66 y/o retired airline captain, used to build my own computers in the '90s. Now all feel is lost...
  9. Picture from phone to PC

Picture from phone to PC: Cant open a photo sent from my phone to my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/picture-from-phone-to-pc/96b2a98c-42f9-46ba-bd84-5ca580bc63a0
  10. Cant Access Pictures

Cant Access Pictures: Hi, I have a dell desktop running windows 10 and when I try to access my pictures under the pictures icon, I can see the thumbnails but when I click on a photo it gives me an error message : File System Error (-2147219196). Any help wold be appreciated Thanks, Patti...