Windows 10: Accidentally Deleted Administrator Account

Discus and support Accidentally Deleted Administrator Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm unsure if this is the proper section of the forum, but here goes. I upgraded to Windows 10 when it first was released. I had no issues initially.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by psychoviper, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Accidentally Deleted Administrator Account

I'm unsure if this is the proper section of the forum, but here goes. I upgraded to Windows 10 when it first was released. I had no issues initially. Randomly, my computer chose to log me in to a temporary profile. I was unable to access my files or pictures, and no amount of enabling the built in administrator and running the sfc /scannow command had any effect on the problem. It simply told me there were corrupt files that they couldn't fix. It was suggested to me that I use the built in Administrator account to delete the profile I had been logging in under. I did so, and somehow managed to delete all profiles. I am now unable to log into my computer at all. The only account available says it's the administrator account, however, when I attempt to log in it says the account has been disabled.
    I am at an utter loss as to what to do. Any advice would be appreciated.

:)

psychoviper, Oct 5, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Accidentally deleted administrator account

Press the shift Key whilst clicking Restart - This will being you to the Windows 10 Revocery Environment

Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Options - Command Prompt

Run this command to activate the built in Administrators Account and hit enter:

net user administrator /active:yes

Run this command to add your Account to make your account an Administrator Account
    (Replace UserName with your login name):

net localgroup administrators UserName /add

Restart your System . . .

DaveM121, Oct 5, 2015
  3. Denis Bl. Win User
    Accidentally deleted administrator account

Hello. I have a problem, and I don't find how to fix it. So, I accidentally change my Administrator account to Standart user account. And now I can't do anything, like change the settings per
    "Run", or change account type. I can't start "Command Promt", start programs, I can't do anything
    where need administrator permission... So, can anybody help me? I'll be very thankful.

And here I tried to draw this:

Accidentally Deleted Administrator Account [​IMG]

It looks exactly the same

Denis Bl., Oct 5, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Accidentally Deleted Administrator Account

Brink, Oct 5, 2015
  5. Thank you. Would you happen to know how I can get my hands on a USB or disc to reboot with? My update was downloaded and I didn't get a disc or anything.

psychoviper, Oct 5, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 5, 2015
  7. raj26may Win User
    Hi,
    I tried to follow this tutorial. When Iam trying to download the file onto USB, I am getting stuck cos I don't have admin previlige! Any suggestions would be useful.

raj26may, May 21, 2016
  8. raj26may Win User

I was fed up having to log in a password every time I had to enter my laptop. So I followed some online tutorial and ended up deleting some user accounts on my laptop. I think I accidentally deleted a lot of user profile! I still have to log in with a password to enter my laptop but I have no admin account *Sad

raj26may, May 21, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Do you have another computer (ex: friends) that you could create the USB on to then use on yours later?

Brink, May 21, 2016
  10. raj26may Win User
    Hi Brink, thanks for the quick reply.

I have another laptop myself but have only windows 8 in it. Will that be a problem?

raj26may, May 21, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    No. You will still be able to create a Windows 10 installation USB with the ISO on it. *Smile

Brink, May 21, 2016
  12. Xamol Win User
    Thanks for the info. I used a different PC to create the Bootable USB Drive, and followed OPTION FOUR to enable the account and grant admin access to my account. Thanks!

Xamol, Aug 21, 2016
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Accidentally Deleted Administrator Account - Similar Threads - Accidentally Deleted Administrator

2. I accidentally deleted my administrator account on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted my administrator account on my computer: Hello. I accidentally deleted my administrator account on my computer. I can still access windows with a local user account. when i had my administrator account, i sett the user account prompt notification level to 100%. so, i can't access System restore, or SFC. i can't, for...
  3. I accidentally deleted my administrator account on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted my administrator account on my computer: Hello. I accidentally deleted my administrator account on my computer. I can still access windows with a local user account. when i had my administrator account, i sett the user account prompt notification level to 100%. so, i can't access System restore, or SFC. i can't, for...
  4. I accidentally deleted my administrator account on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10: I accidentally deleted my Administrator user account on first time user account creation. it has deleted my C: drive and all I'm left with is an X drive. I cannot logon because it keeps asking for password and there's none. please help...
  6. administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10: I accidentally deleted my Administrator user account on first time user account creation. it has deleted my C: drive and all I'm left with is an X drive. I cannot logon because it keeps asking for password and there's none. please help...
  7. administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Accidentally deleted administrator account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted administrator account: I was trying to change the name on my mother's administrator's account (where she is the administrator), and I have somehow erased her administrator account altogether. The only account remaining is mine, which is a local, non-administrator account. I've gone to Control Panel...
  9. accidentally removed administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    accidentally removed administrator account: now i have no access i can't even open settings i tried a lot of solutions but they were all useless so please help and thank you...
  10. accidentally deleted the administrations folder

in Windows 10 Support
    accidentally deleted the administrations folder: Okay, so, just 10 minutes ago my dad accidentally deleted the administrations folder. Now I can't do anything. How do I restore my computer? btw using windows 10 93643