Windows 10: Accidentally deleted desktop folder

Discus and support Accidentally deleted desktop folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have accidentally deleted my desktop folder. It is now renamed "downloads" and appears twice in file explorer under "this PC". I messed it up when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kitscho, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Kitscho Win User

Accidentally deleted desktop folder

I have accidentally deleted my desktop folder. It is now renamed "downloads" and appears twice in file explorer under "this PC". I messed it up when I tried to make all my downloads go to the desktop. I can see it and work with it, but I want the desktop name back. I feel really dumb. Is there a way to get it back?

:)

Kitscho, Oct 11, 2015

2. Accidentally deleted my downloads folder on my PC

Hi I accidentally moved my downloads folder on my PC to my recycle and accidentally deleted it. HELP!!! All my downloads now go directly to my desktop. HELP!!!

Cordinator29, Oct 11, 2015
  3. Peter613 Win User
    Windows 10 desktop and task bar missing

While setting up Windows 10 I accidentally deleted the empty desktop and downloads folders. It will not allow me to re-create them so now I cannot add items to the task bar or use the desktop. How can I fix this?

Peter613, Oct 11, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 11, 2015
  5. Kitscho Win User
    Thank you for your suggestion, but that still left me with 2 download folders and no desktop folder..... If I could just rename one of the download folders as "desktop" that would make me feel better...but... alas, that does not seem to be an option...

Kitscho, Oct 11, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Accidentally deleted desktop folder - Similar Threads - Accidentally deleted desktop

2. Accidental deletion of "Desktop" folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidental deletion of "Desktop" folder in File Explorer: Hi all,I have seen a couple of threads on the same issue, but I opted to reach out.As a forenote, I have attempted a system recovery, but this has failed due to a 0x80070005 error, if I recall correctly.I was cleaning and deleting old files through File Explorer and...
  3. Accidental deletion of "Desktop" folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidental deletion of "Desktop" folder in File Explorer: Hi all,I have seen a couple of threads on the same issue, but I opted to reach out.As a forenote, I have attempted a system recovery, but this has failed due to a 0x80070005 error, if I recall correctly.I was cleaning and deleting old files through File Explorer and...
  4. Accidental deletion of "Desktop" folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Accidentally Deleted Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally Deleted Downloads folder: I was trying to move my downloads folder to another position on the left navigation folder tree, and I ended up accidentally deleting it. I managed to sort of restore it, but now I have three downloads folder, two of which don't open. When I try to open them, I get a...
  6. Accidentally deleted user folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted user folders: I accidentally deleted everything inside user folders, now quick shortcuts to download, videos,pictures, etc. don't work...is there any way to get them back? I don't want stuffs that were in there, just the folder shortcuts. submitted by /u/sh1o [link] [comments]...
  7. Accidentally deleted servicing folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally deleted servicing folder: Hey guys on one of my machines a buddy of mine was messing around and deleted the servicing folder , is this dangerous? 146660
  8. Accidentally deleted screenshots folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally deleted screenshots folder: Hello, I was trying to get more space in my disk when i deleted "Screenshots" folder and now when i take an screenshoot i dont know where is it, Can i get back my screenshot folder? "PD: Recovery is off"...
  9. Accidentally started a deletion of my desktop folders.

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally started a deletion of my desktop folders.: Some months ago, I accidentally knocked some unknown keys on the upper Left Hand side of my desk keyboard. Instantly a pop up flashed up with a progress bar saying "Deletion 28% completed" or something very similar. My Desktop short cut to my important folders were...
  10. accidentally deleted the administrations folder

in Windows 10 Support
    accidentally deleted the administrations folder: Okay, so, just 10 minutes ago my dad accidentally deleted the administrations folder. Now I can't do anything. How do I restore my computer? btw using windows 10 93643

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i accidentally deleted my desktop folder